Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Age Difference Between You & Your Spouse / Girlfriend

223 members have voted

1. 1. How many years difference is there between you and your spouse or girlfriend?

• Less than 10 years.
    • 10 to 15 years.
    • 15 to 20 years.
    • 20 to 25 years.
    • 25 to 30 years.
    • 30 years +.

Paul

First, yes, I know I am breaking my own rule here. But, in light of a recent thread, I am just curious about the age difference in most couples.

Votes will be registered anonymously. 

Thanks,

Mine is 21 years. 

• Like 2

oztony

14 years and 8 months for me , her 23 years old when we met , me 37 and together now for 12 years.

• Like 3

broden

year and a half

• Like 1

BossHog

5 years.

but in terms of  intelligence and  emotional maturity...

she's decades more advanced

• Like 6

to_dave007

I'll vote.. and plead the 5th Amendment.

• Like 4

Paul

So, so far, according to this poll - in accordance with Filipino law, 3 members should be in jail. Now, how ludicrous is that?

• Like 1

Davaoeno

The 10 year age difference mentioned in the law

is if one of the persons is under 18

if both are 18 or above no problem

this law has been discussed a thousand times here

yes, and I posted this in the  wrong thread:

We have discussed this all before.   The law says:

``Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor, twelve (12) years or under or who in ten (10) years or more his junior in any public or private place, hotel, motel, beer joint, discotheque, cabaret, pension house, sauna or massage parlor, beach and/or other tourist resort or similar places shall suffer the penalty of prision mayor in its maximum period and a fine of not less than Fifty thousand pesos (P50,000.00): Provided, That this provision shall not apply to any person who is related within the fourth degree of consanguinity or affinity or any bond recognized by law, local custom and tradition or acts in the performance of a social, moral or legal duty.`

bond recognized by law, local custom and tradition-----  I am not sure just what that is . I would have to research case law to make any kind of guess as to what it meant.   But i would think that a relationship between a couple of more  than 10 years difference could very often be seen to be withing local custom and tradition

in the performance of a social, moral or legal duty.------ now  I would be willing to argue that declaring to parents that I would pay for a daughters education then entailed a social or moral duty on my part - and thus within the law despite the age difference [ if of course she was 18 or older].

Edited by Davaoeno, Today, 4:51 AM.

• Like 3

Cipro

The la

So, so far, according to this poll - in accordance with Filipino law, 3 members should be in jail. Now, how ludicrous is that?

Only if the GF is a minor - the law leads off with minor as a required precondition and then refines it so every Filipino ever isn't a criminal until they turn 30. 

• Like 2

Jester

Let's just say, when they misinterpret the law I will be in jail!    Whiner

• Like 2

ozboy

5 years, yet she can get the pension in in 9 years the same as me...if im correct.

contraman

This poll is discriminatory.

It supposes that everyones spouse or girlfriend is younger.

No provision to vote if the spouse is older 

Just saying :)

• Like 7

BobX

Minus 18 months (ie gf is older).

• Like 2

quit_yume

i'd like to see at least a couple hundred answer this poll.  it's kind of irrelevent with the few that have answered thus far.