Power cuts/Brown outs in different areas of CEBU

I live in mactan island, cebu. There are power cuts here, but rare(couple of hrs per month during non typhoon seasons). I presume that because its closer to the city and there are a few industries/factories here in the island..power is very essential.

I plan to live in other areas of cebu (from north to south)

whats your experiences with power cuts/brown outs where you stay?

talisay?

alcoy?

bogo?

toledo?

even dumaguete? (negros oriental)

etc..etc..

thanks!

Edited by iJohnDR

Talisay  well it happens but this last half year  no rotating power cuts

• Like 1

bogo?

Lived in Bogo for five years, friends still live there.....

In Bogo EVERY SUNDAY....from about 8AM TO 5 or 6PM....The power is off....

The only time it is not off on Sunday is where there is a gathering or happening by the government or Roman Catholic church like a fiesta.

But then to make up for it the week before they will cut the electric a couple of hours about every other day to make up for the Sunday they won't turn it off.

If there is the slightest storm you can figure electric off for at least a day....and sometimes it's off and you don't know why...

Internet is bad...Phones are bad..... I would never live there or that area again...unless I had my own transportation and Generator with well... Actually come to think of it someone would have to give me the house and property as my own for me to move back there even with those things.......

• Like 1

Please look at the forums list, prior to posting a new topic. It helps keep the forum more organized, concerning threads / topics. (moved to the electricity forum)

• Like 1
Knowdafish

Brownouts are thankfully getting to be a rare occurrence here in Dumaguete. We had a "scheduled" all-dayer last weekend, but any previous to that happened months ago. If there is not a typhoon or other natural calamity happening it seems that regular brownouts are now a thing of the past. When they get it down to a once in a year happening then I will really be impressed! 

• Like 1