I appreciate all the efforts and comments re my boxes being stolen from

I have talked to Tristian Tagle and to be honest he seemed a reasonable man.....He told me that the member of his staff who was stonewalled me has been moved on...

We came to an arrangement that although doesn't solve the pilfering of my boxes , at least it was better then nothing....he agreed to send this years Xmas boxes at half price .....yeah I know big deal , but better then nothing, I guess....I again video taped the contents , state of box etc and have the bosses personal assurance that the boxes will arrive successfully this time....

One thing I have insisted my sister in law is not to sign for receipt of goods.....don't sign anything other then that the boxes have arrived.....as when u sign the form they give u on receipt u are basically signing a waiver ......lAnd the receiver has no idea if box is intact until opened and itemised, and no courier is hanging around for that... And as I will b there not long after they arrive I don't want them opened till then so I can check to make sure this years village kids presents make it intact....Ill report back after I get back to Cebu...

Merry Xmas everyone

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• forest51

• Oz Jon

• hilyfe

• ozboy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I just boosted you case a bit by sending an e-mail to BM Express Service Manager. Copy below:- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every Xmas I send 2 boxes vis BMExpress from Oz to my wife's village in Cebu.   Very poor people even for pinoys, living in a mangrove.   Always send over 100 tshirts , soaps, shampoos, lotions, t

Send a note that says " some of this chocolate is poisoned, you need to contact me to know which to eat " it will get through.

Posted Images

I recognised that in 1millisecond as " weasel words" This kind of thing is everywhere these days - Politicians are masters of it - It is becoming an acceptable method of lying! It relies on people reading "what they want to see", not "what is actually said".

It's like those "LIFETIME" warranties.

It means the assumed normal working life of said product, not your lifetime.

So a printer might have a normal working life of say 3 years.

So your "LIFETIME" warranty is actually 3 years.

KonC

I appreciate all the efforts and comments re my boxes being stolen from I have talked to Tristian Tagle and to be honest he seemed a reasonable man.....He told me that the member of his staff who was stonewalled me has been moved on... We came to an arrangement that although doesn't solve the pilfering of my boxes , at least it was better then nothing ..............

Good on you!

I hope that my effort was of some help.

Maybe they have improved their business a bit?

I have found that most companies are basicly honest and want to have satisfied customers.

The usual problem is that their "first-line" contact people have very little authority and frequently are not "the sharpest tool in the shed"

The trick is, to get the matter moved up the management chain to someone who does have some authority, realises that bad publicity is not good for their business and wants to improve their operation.

Cheers

JamesMusslewhite

Guys - I use forexworld - they deliver door to door  from here in melbourne to  BanBan  - a farm out in the bush near Bogo - never failed. I have sent about 10 now over past 3 years.   they use their own dedicated container, so boxes never really out of their sight I guess. late last year they got held up as no more ships where going direct to Manila from Sydney - where they load, so one container got stuck in Singapore and the box was delivered 2-3 weeks after the estimated schedule.  they sent me $20  discount for next box as compo.

So pretty good all round.  Box from melbourne to banban $110 door to door  - u can see their website for box sizes

Cheers

Dj

Forex is the best, they ship in their own containers, own warehousing and distribution. They are also in good standing with customs. They have tracking and they take a photo of the one signing for your boxes and mail the photo back to you. I have used them for many years and even ship all our possessions in 42 boxes when we moved here in 2008. They are reliable.

To the OP, it is very possible that you boxes were in a container flagged by customs, that it was customs who opened your boxes and took out what they wanted. Customs is plagued with thieves and well know for corruption.

• Like 2

Forex is the best, they ship in their own containers, own warehousing and distribution. They are also in good standing with customs. They have tracking and they take a photo of the one signing for your boxes and mail the photo back to you. I have used them for many years and even ship all our possessions in 42 boxes when we moved here in 2008. They are reliable.

To the OP, it is very possible that you boxes were in a container flagged by customs, that it was customs who opened your boxes and took out what they wanted. Customs is plagued with thieves and well know for corruption.

I was told by an agent for BM Express that they do not have dedicated shipping containers or shipping schedules.

This means that of the two shipping groups (Forex and BM) BM is the slowest getting there and the risk of your products being damaged in transit, or worse, is higher.

The price difference between Forex and BM isn't that much.

My personal preference is Forex. I have used them a number of times and never had a problem. Forex also confirm delivery.

• 2 weeks later...

Good on you!

I hope that my effort was of some help.

Maybe they have improved their business a bit?

I have found that most companies are basicly honest and want to have satisfied customers.

The usual problem is that their "first-line" contact people have very little authority and frequently are not "the sharpest tool in the shed"

The trick is, to get the matter moved up the management chain to someone who does have some authority, realises that bad publicity is not good for their business and wants to improve their operation.

Cheers

I appreciate ur efforts Jon and yes u are right about the people u deal with initially with these companies,,,,,the woman i dealt with from Manila, was in denial, that a box that had gone missing from there care for weeks could of actually been tampered with in the philippines !!!!..hahhaha

Yet the boss was more understanding and realistic.......

As a footnote this years boxes to the village haven't arrived yet, but I will report back after they arrive and I arrive there to open them...

Edited by forest51