bargeman

Probably the poor stealing from the very poor. Unbelievable !!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• forest51

• Oz Jon

• hilyfe

• ozboy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I just boosted you case a bit by sending an e-mail to BM Express Service Manager. Copy below:- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every Xmas I send 2 boxes vis BMExpress from Oz to my wife's village in Cebu.   Very poor people even for pinoys, living in a mangrove.   Always send over 100 tshirts , soaps, shampoos, lotions, t

Send a note that says " some of this chocolate is poisoned, you need to contact me to know which to eat " it will get through.

Posted Images

NigelandMJ

I have just sent 9 large box's from Thailand to Camotes, Cebu. 80 baht per kilo, plus 1400 baht each box for door to door delivery. 2 box's with computer, monitor and flatbed scanner, 275 baht per kilo. Each box cost 200 baht to buy. They say 26 to 28 days for delivery, so will see if it all arrives after mid April, and if all box's are intact. I had quite a problem finding a company in Thailand who would do Balikbayan box's. Will post how it turns out.

Well, it's now 5th May and the boxes have just arrived. I had made several phone calls, without getting much info,except the boxes had arrived in Cebu 21st April. then, lunch time today, while I was the other side of the island, I get a call, they have just arrived in Consuelo port and on the way to my house. I arrived an hour later. All boxes there, a little beaten up but all basically intact, only one box had been opened, nothing missing. So, all in all, a good result, although a little late in arriving.

tomaw

Is it possible to insure the stuff you send with this or any other company?

• 5 weeks later...
forest51

Consumer affairs said as it's an overseas transaction they can't investigate further

With insurance , with BME u have $100 ins per box, but when I asked to claim , they refused to participate as I could not prove box had been stolen from

Followed up with phone calls, legal threats etc, but got stone walled....

• 2 months later...

Consumer affairs said as it's an overseas transaction they can't investigate further

With insurance , with BME u have $100 ins per box, but when I asked to claim , they refused to participate as I could not prove box had been stolen from

Followed up with phone calls, legal threats etc, but got stone walled....

Forest,

BM Express Pty Ltd is an Australian Company. There is this little thing in law called "agency". The fact that you paid them (or entered a contract with them) for them to deliver goods from point a to point b means that they are liable for the non delivery, or economic loss you suffered as a result of them not completing their end of the contract, to deliver your goods to point b.

It doesn't matter where in the world the goods are being delivered. As far as Fair Trading is concerned (and this is either NSW or QLD from the name, correct me if im wrong) they err'ed in law because the contract was entered into in Australia between you and an Australian Company, irrespective of whether the Australian Company acted as an agent for a foreign delivery service or sub-contracted to to an overseas delivery service. The transaction is, and always was a domestic transaction and BM Express Pty Ltd are liable for your loss (see Oceanic Shipping v Fay 1988).

If it is worth your while you should file against them. If you are in NSW, small claims division of the local court, if you are in Qld, QCAT can hear the matter.

I can't pvt message you, but if you want some more info feel free to contact me by private message.

Edited by JayT
Oz Jon

They are now investigating

Well I just boosted you case a bit by sending an e-mail to BM Express Service Manager. Copy below:-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"

I thought that you may be interested to know that know that your company is getting plenty of bad publicity on a Filipino Forum with many viewers.

A customer claims that he sent 2 boxes from Aus to Cebu with very unsatisfactory results.

First they were delivered very late (several months in transit) and one arrived showing evidence of tampering and with some contents missing.

Apparently, the customer had insurance with your company, but you failed to honour his claim - apparently requiring him to  "prove that the contents were stolen" (how do you do that beyond showing that the package had been opened while in your company's care?).

It seems that you claimed that none of your staff would have stolen property - an amazing, if somewhat naive claim! - (do you give the entire staff lie-detector tests every day? or maybe video their every move?)

Your customer service leaves much to be desired.

I take note of that and suspect that more than a few other potential customers will too.

This dissatisfied customer has been advised to take the matter to the  Fair Trading / Small Claims Court.
In view of your company's response, that seems like good advice to me.

You may wish consider whether fighting that case is a more cost-effective use of management time than spending it to actually fix your problems and provide better service!
"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Keeping the bastards honest is one of my hobbies!"

Unless their management is stupid, they should fix your complaint PBQ.

Good Luck!
  • Like 5

You can post it on their Facebook Page!!!!!

when the missus arrived at Mactan in July, her bag had been broken into and all the chocolate n cheese were gone.....LOL

Oz Jon

You can post it on their Facebook Page!!!!!

I'm not on Facebook, but someone else could post it! (or threaten to)

I haven't copyrighted it, so be my guest - feel free to copy it.

Add the story of your experience too (if BM Express was involved in that too)?

Probably more productive to e-mail the BM Express Customer Service Manager on  <[email protected]> and tell him that you are planning to publish, if they cannot deal with these matters properly and promptly (and get their act together)!

cc; the CEO/General Manager too!

If their management is any good at all, this kind of stirring should be pretty effective. Maybe turn them into a much better company?

Edited by Oz Jon
  • Like 1
Oz Jon

I contacted the consumer affairs and am waiting for a reply

Well my e-mail to BM Enterprises got the swift response I had hoped for- copy attached.

I'm not going to tell them who you are - but you can follow up, if you wish.

It seems that at least one of their management wants to do something about the problem!

Sounds promising!

Good Luck with it !

Cheers

post-15613-0-26450500-1439521142_thumb.png

Oz Jon

I contacted the consumer affairs and am waiting for a reply

Here is a copy of my e-mail response to BM's e-mail.

It looks promising?

Good Luck with it!

Cheers!

post-15613-0-18256800-1439528103_thumb.png

contraman

"We are very much willing to answer his/her claims as per our company policy"

Now there lies the "Get Out" for them :(

It would be interesting to read the :Fine Print" ! :idontknow:

• Like 1
Oz Jon

Now there lies the "Get Out" for them :(

It would be interesting to read the :Fine Print" ! :idontknow:

You quoted ""We are very much willing to answer his/her claims as per our company policy"

I recognised that in 1millisecond as " weasel words"

This kind of thing is everywhere these days - Politicians are masters of it - It is becoming an acceptable method of lying!

It relies on people reading "what they want to see", not "what is actually said".

This is one of the reasons why I spend a bit of time correcting peoples English spelling/grammer.

English can have very precise meaning

(Deliberately?) vague, ambiguous statements are fodder for crooks and con-men.

Accidental ones can lead to misunderstandings.

OK - I admit it - I'm a grumpy old man! .... ( but loveable - Lol!)

Edited by Oz Jon
  • Like 3
hilyfe

Every Xmas I send 2 boxes vis BMExpress from Oz to my wife's village in Cebu.

Very poor people even for pinoys, living in a mangrove.

Always send over 100 tshirts , soaps, shampoos, lotions, tools etc etc

And over $300 of chocolates for the kids.

Boxes due to arrive mid December . 1 arrived mid January the other went missing, ( the one with the chocolates) It was eventually was found and arrived 2 weeks later, but surprise suprise EVERY CHOCOLATE WAS GONE

BMExpress was contacted and like all good pinoy companies said impossible, bad luck!!!

So kids miss out and some thieves family from BMExpress has put on a few kilos....

And that was it?

Hell if that happens to me you bet your ass ill be yelling at your boss

hilyfe

next time is to take a PHOTO,..

regarding the candy. add a note that it is NOT FOOD BUT POISON

also consider putting in a few 100$ (fake of course) next to candy, the looks on their eyes when they try to cash them is PRICELESS

Pls dont do that you might get in to trouble

hilyfe

Is it possible to insure the stuff you send with this or any other company?

Lbc insured your door to doo boxes if you pay extra

That rc's i sent to mindanao in exchange for my bangka

Arrived safely i paid 20 dollars extra for insurance