PI Security and Safety

I am new to this forum but have scanned articles in the past. I have a personal interest to share this information for the benefit of ex pats and fellow US citizens who live work and travel in different parts of the PI. I rarely contribute to forums of any type due to the sensitive nature of my work..I have seen enough hardship and feel compelled. Do with this info as you wish...if you see it as rhetorical, far fetched non sense as they often say its up to you..

I work in and around factions considered dangerous, JI, MILF, NPA, parts of the AFP etc. For the poster that earlier inquired as to the location and search for a guard, part time AFP, or PNP it is useless you have a secondary back up source of funds your well being goes to the highest bidder. Case in point a secure funding source set up with dual registration that serves as a back up with secure sources to release funds should a ransom or reward be needed. You cannot depend on and insure yourself in most of the ares of the PI, so hiring security even if known and a relationship established, is hit and miss. If you have something worth a ransom and you make mention of this or let a ransom for hire party inform the right people you are in danger. Based on your experience if you feel safe and those around you have nothing to offer from your harm you are likely safe. Anything repeat anything here in the PI is available with a few connections and a untraceable transfer of funds. From a hotel owner that angers a local PNP chief that has Shabu planted during a friendly lunch invitation to a disappearance completely of a visiting ex pat..it happens! not yet to you! Many long term readers and residents will view this and say I have never felt unsafe.. it is likely due to someone not benefiting from your demise. Good luck...no need to pm/email me just a heads up.. as many here recognize use aliases!!

Mattfromnz
I am new to this forum but have scanned articles in the past. I have a personal interest to share this information for the benefit of ex pats and fellow US citizens who live work and travel in different parts of the PI. I rarely contribute to forums of any type due to the sensitive nature of my work..I have seen enough hardship and feel compelled. Do with this info as you wish...if you see it as rhetorical, far fetched non sense as they often say its up to you..

I work in and around factions considered dangerous, JI, MILF, NPA, parts of the AFP etc. For the poster that earlier inquired as to the location and search for a guard, part time AFP, or PNP it is useless you have a secondary back up source of funds your well being goes to the highest bidder. Case in point a secure funding source set up with dual registration that serves as a back up with secure sources to release funds should a ransom or reward be needed. You cannot depend on and insure yourself in most of the ares of the PI, so hiring security even if known and a relationship established, is hit and miss. If you have something worth a ransom and you make mention of this or let a ransom for hire party inform the right people you are in danger. Based on your experience if you feel safe and those around you have nothing to offer from your harm you are likely safe. Anything repeat anything here in the PI is available with a few connections and a untraceable transfer of funds. From a hotel owner that angers a local PNP chief that has Shabu planted during a friendly lunch invitation to a disappearance completely of a visiting ex pat..it happens! not yet to you! Many long term readers and residents will view this and say I have never felt unsafe.. it is likely due to someone not benefiting from your demise. Good luck...no need to pm/email me just a heads up.. as many here recognize use aliases!!

Thanks for the heads up. Valid information.

So, keep a low profile and keep a few million Pesos spare in an account incase you get kidnapped if you keep a higher profile?

Hello Sky,

I understand the point you make, which is valid.

Keeping a "low profile" is something I always try to convince others to do, although I'm a bit in the opposite direction, myself.

Not everybody can or likes to keep a "low profile" or avoid

Bob Ward
Edited by Bob Ward

Yes Sir HTM:

I was speaking from first hand knowledge of a case recently profiled on Americas most wanted that sought a man, Henry Jacinto Calucag, who was caught in Hawaii. He is Filipino and had set up many unsuspecting individuals to come to the PI to invest to never be heard of again. The syndicate is still responsible for a host of missing people that are known to have last visited the Philippines. Im just sharing a small portion of the ongoing investigation, there are currently 86 open cases where the last passport stamp to reach DHS was in the PI. If you are in the wrong place or the right place with bad timing your loved ones will only need to ask how long until the death certificate clears. Here is the story if interested:

Henry Jacinto Calucag

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/brief.cfm?id=41719

Yes Sir HTM:

I was speaking from first hand knowledge of a case recently profiled on Americas most wanted that sought a man, Henry Jacinto Calucag, who was caught in Hawaii. He is Filipino and had set up many unsuspecting individuals to come to the PI to invest to never be heard of again. The syndicate is still responsible for a host of missing people that are known to have last visited the Philippines. Im just sharing a small portion of the ongoing investigation, there are currently 86 open cases where the last passport stamp to reach DHS was in the PI. If you are in the wrong place or the right place with bad timing your loved ones will only need to ask how long until the death certificate clears. Here is the story if interested:

Henry Jacinto Calucag

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/brief.cfm?id=41719

Thank you very much, an interesting story.

Yes it

JohninCebu

Once again I have to be my polite self and say...........what a load of tosh.

A new poster comes on here and posts a two and a half year old story about an exiled Filipino and that makes us brown our pants. I think we have a new kiddenap insurance salesman in our mist. If you're not, fair enough but I smell a rat.

How many people go missing in the US every year? By the end of 2005, there were 109,531 active missing person records according to the US Department of Justice. There will be many more than 86 missing foreigners in any European country. Why single out the PI for such a post?

MattFromGA

I believe a decent amount of people "missing" in the Philippines are because they want to disappear. There are many cases of people disappearing that are really someone starting a new life.

I wonder about the intentions of this post myself.

smokey
Once again I have to be my polite self and say...........what a load of tosh.

A new poster comes on here and posts a two and a half year old story about an exiled Filipino and that makes us brown our pants. I think we have a new kiddenap insurance salesman in our mist. If you're not, fair enough but I smell a rat.

How many people go missing in the US every year? By the end of 2005, there were 109,531 active missing person records according to the US Department of Justice. There will be many more than 86 missing foreigners in any European country. Why single out the PI for such a post?

i feel a sales pitch will follow...

A_Simple_Man

The way that SkyHi addressed Harry in post 6 ("Yes Sir HTM") has me wondering if it is Harry trying to pull a fast one on us with an alter ego. What say you, Harry? :thumbsup:

JohninCebu

The way that SkyHi addressed Harry in post 6 ("Yes Sir HTM") has me wondering if it is Harry trying to pull a fast one on us with an alter ego. What say you, Harry? :thumbsup:

Head and struck spring to mind. Well spotted Dave. HTM drumming up some business perhaps.

Edited by johnrainey
Bob Ward