Sign in to follow this  
Hankc1949

I want to Fly Fish

Hankc1949

Well if you ever do get back this way we'll have to catch a few. (fishes that is)

Edited by Hankc1949

goggleye

when i come next time ill bring you some hooks etc    i have thousands in storage  for small flies   

• Like 1

Headshot

How right you are. Wish my wife could adopt that attitude.

She has. She figures whatever you don't take with you is hers.  :ROFLMAO:  :ROFLMAO:  :ROFLMAO:

• Like 1

Hankc1949

True that! LMFAO

Hankc1949

My father taught me on an old golden flier reel and hiawatha rod when i was 10 years old - i think an old montgomery wards product - learned how flipping flies into bluegill spawning beds in Northern Indiana lakes. great memories with Dad

I started fly fishing early on with a old bamboo fly rod that my grandfather bought back in the 40's after returning from the war.

You guys have really inspired my to learn fly fishing well enough to teach my 12 year old son. Like most kids today I can't seem to get him away from his computer games. What a wonderful thing it would be for him to be able to say, "My Dad taught me to fly fish when I was just a kid." Thanks guys.

• Like 2

Hankc1949

Today I spent 4 hours with my CCI learning to fly cast. Man this sun and heat in Malaysia is really something. By 1:30pm I was spent. Tomorrow, Monday then Tuesday I'll put this new skill to the test on the Payponds. I hope to post some pictures.

• Like 1

Hankc1949

Well my friends

The proof is in the photos. I'm in Malaysia on a Fly Fishing trip. My guide and casting instructor Dr. Riki had me in the park yesterday for 4 hours learning how to cast a fly rod. This is something that I have wanted to do for as long as I can remember. Well 1 day after learning I caught 5 fish, 3 pictured here, 2 Barramundi and 3 Groupers. Great teacher, 2 great days and memories that will last a lifetime. Tomorrow I site see and pick-up gifts for the family. I am a Fly Fisherman! If you are looking for a guide for your next fishing trip, (Fly Fishing Only), check out Dr. Riki in Malaysia. http://www.klflyfishingshop.com/

Check out some of my Pics on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157650302440047/

• Like 2

youngwillie

This is on-topic for sure:   :)

From Gore, New Zealand, the statue / monument says "Welcome to Gore, World Capital of Brown Trout Fishing"

I think they made themselves capital.

You can see the size of the fish by comparing the cars to the right.

Photo0037.jpg

goggleye

Well my friends

The proof is in the photos. I'm in Malaysia on a Fly Fishing trip. My guide and casting instructor Dr. Riki had me in the park yesterday for 4 hours learning how to cast a fly rod. This is something that I have wanted to do for as long as I can remember. Well 1 day after learning I caught 5 fish, 3 pictured here, 2 Barramundi and 3 Groupers. Great teacher, 2 great days and memories that will last a lifetime. Tomorrow I site see and pick-up gifts for the family. I am a Fly Fisherman! If you are looking for a guide for your next fishing trip, (Fly Fishing Only), check out Dr. Riki in Malaysia. http://www.klflyfishingshop.com/

Check out some of my Pics on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157650302440047/

great start   to a life hobby  keep looking around the phils u will find spots to fish   :-)

• Like 1

goggleye

I think i would look for snakehead   find some big popper flies with floating leaders etc    i think they are called dulag there - delicious grilled  

Hankc1949

I think i would look for snakehead find some big popper flies with floating leaders etc i think they are called dulag there - delicious grilled

a50443df5fb1abf56984c7a6d8d1b6ce.jpg

There are some really fine fish being caught and released at Porter Marina in Liloan like this 7lb Sea Bass. I be going up there in a couple of weeks. I love this pic. Have a look at their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/216939561725089/

Edited by Hankc1949
  • Like 1

goggleye

so how is the fishing  ?  any reports ?

Hankc1949

Well I haven't done any, been without transportation until recently. I have been practicing though. Next month I'm going back to Malaysia this time with my family and a friends. His son and my son will both join me at one of the ponds. My guide Dr. Riki recently landed this 300# monster in Thailand.

post-15231-142938369135_thumb.jpg