• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oztony

• Salty Dog

• tomaw

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was thinking how we always hear a lot of talk about how the Filipina women seek a foreign partner so as to improve their life , and whereas there may be a lot of substance to that , it really does

the only thing lacking is kenny rogers or barry manilow background music to his post

We just celebrated (to put it very lightly) our 15th anniversary. A few years back we had a rough patch, but got through it together and are now back stronger than ever.  People need to accept an

Posted Images

Regarding the O.P. : It is a great response to those insular people who think she only married us because she would get a better life. Best thread (point of view) that I've read here for a while.

• Like 2
to_dave007

Now in a new marriage to my Filipina wife, and with two failed marriages behind me, I know I can not yet make such a glowing report as the OP.  Still in my first year, I don't yet have the right to do so.

But I do know that after my second marriage failed, I made a decision that my third marriage would be my last, and that if I would not accept anything less than what the OP has described.  I decided that if I didn't feel that my wife was my best friend, partner, companion and confidant, then I would prefer not to marry at all.  And I know that this time I'd would do my best to build the happy married life that has eluded me in the past.

Congratulations Tony..  Best wishes to both you and your wife.  You are an inspiration.  

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1
oztony

Congratulations Tony.. Best wishes to both you and your wife. You are an inspiration.

Thanks for your kind words , I was pretty lucky because although being a single father I had never been married before I met my wife.

Married for the first and what will be only time at age 37 , now nearly 50 , the right partner is what makes the difference in this life , of that I am sure.

Thanks.

• Like 2

I have never been married, but my filipina ticks most of the boxes in specifications for a partner for me. Ran thru a few to find this one.

nothing has come this close to forever since I left my disallusioned youth.

• 3 years later...
oztony

Topic Re-Opened ......

Track forward 3.5 years from when I started this topic ...to now , and my "better life" just continues that same path as when I first started this thread , even through the highs and lows I am pretty blessed to have a wife that is a constant with love and support , one of my best mates split with his wife (Filipina) after 15 years just recently ..she walked away with about 400k Aud. and you would never had thought they would split ...but that's how it goes I suppose. They did not have any kids together so that less complicates any separation I suppose ...he now rents the house he owned before she arrived in Aus ..from her after the separation , cos she moved in with the new boyfriend ...go figure..

I just can't imagine that if I was married to a western woman that the harmony and longevity would be the same than that.. that I have with my wife , although my mate Gazza certainly had a different experience in the end ...is it the luck of the draw ? or does it more so come down to wise selection in the first place ....maybe both.......:idontknow:

• Like 8
to_dave007

Still going strong here too..  and she writes the licensing exam as secondary teacher later this month.  That plan has been going for a few years now.. and about to finish.  The boys are doing well.  and they now translate very capably for me between Visayan and English.. We all had fun at Disney in Hong Kong last month..  and at an invitational robotics tournament in Lapu Lapu about 10 days ago. 

5th anniversary coming next March.  Still a newbie.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 4
oztony
2 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

5th anniversary coming next March.  Still a newbie.

I am 15 years in with this relationship , 1st time married for both of us ...I was raising a 5 year old boy on my own when we met ..she was 23 , me 37..........

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, oztony said:

Is it the luck of the draw ? or does it more so come down to wise selection in the first place ....maybe both.......:idontknow:

You normally have to buy a lot of draw tickets until you find a winner. 

• Haha 1
Headshot

Do what is right for your relationship, and don't worry about how others' relationships turn out. If you pay attention to your own relationship, and make sure it is as good as possible for BOTH of you, you will have a much better chance of making it to old age together than you will if you are paying attention to other people's relationships and not your own. Relationships fall apart when one or both persons in the relationship don't pay attention to the other person's needs. People leave a relationship when their needs are not being met (in their mind) by the other person. Often, people who aren't paying attention (are tied up in their own activities) won't even have a clue that anything is wrong until it is too late to save the relationship.

Of course, if you don't choose wisely in the first place, then nothing else will matter.

• Like 5

Time already spent together is no guarantee it will continue. Even 49 + years.

Sometimes something you least expect can destroy a relationship, you thought would last unto death,very quickly.

One partner becoming argumentative / hostel / resentful due to not aging as well as the other.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
RogerDuMond
2 hours ago, Headshot said:

Do what is right for your relationship,

You only need to learn two words, "yes dear", it has worked for me for 25 years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Wife and I have been married almost 34 years.

Early on we lived in a part of the South where an Asian woman was considered unusual.When asked where we met I would say that I bought her in a Turkish bazaar for $100.They often believed me.My "investment" now has cost me a little over $3 a year so its worked out pretty well !!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Met my wife while stationed at Cubi Point. Been together 30 years and married for 25 of those years. Best thing that ever happened to me. Still rockin' and rollin'.

Good post Tony.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, oztony said:

.he now rents the house he owned before she arrived in Aus ..from her after the separation , cos she moved in with the new boyfriend ...go figure..

There is always the chance that the house could spontaneously combust I suppose.