Headed to Palawan: El Nido and Port Barton

TheMatrix

I'm leaving here in a few minutes toward the airport where we fly into Puerto Princesa, rent a vehicle for the multi-hour road trip to Port Barton and eventually El Nido.  Be back in 11 days.

Port+Barton.gif

ElNido1.jpg

port-barton-beach.jpg

wish me good weathers!

• Like 6
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheMatrix

• Paul

• Yellowfever

• Rocketman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm leaving here in a few minutes toward the airport where we fly into Puerto Princesa, rent a vehicle for the multi-hour road trip to Port Barton and eventually El Nido.  Be back in 11 days.      

Must try KaLui Restaurant while in PP

Filippinos rough it every day, most people want something out of the ordinary for their vacation.  The opposite of fantasy is, after all, reality ;-)

Posted Images

One of the few places I haven't been in the Philippines, yet, I have to say. 

SkyMan

Looking forward to comments and pics.  Plan on any diving?

TheMatrix

In route to airport via taxi. Left an hour ago. Half way there. Cebu City traffic is maddening.

Looking forward to comments and pics. Plan on any diving?

Only snorkeling

Alfred E. Neuman

Don't be fooled by "lost treasures".

LechonBuddha

Badjao restaurant in PP is a good spot to dine as well. Enjoy your trip and try to make it out to Secret Beach if you can. 

Yellowfever

Wanna bet it doesn't look like the photos? 

It's a place I've always wanted to visit though, and you can get to malaysia from there pretty easy too.  Even the name "palawan" is enticing, but then things are not always what they seem.  I went some way out of my ways to ride the "vegetable highway" which I've been eyeing off for some time, but there were no vegetables.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

I went some way out of my ways to ride the "vegetable highway" which I've been eyeing off for some time, but there were no vegetables.

Not much of a highway either...  :biggrin_01:

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 1

What kind of vehicle will you rent ?

Rocketman

So far, the best place I've been in the RP and the only place I plan to revisit.  If you can, try the Coconut Garden Island Resort off of Port Barton.  Nice secluded resort with great food and good prices.

• Like 2
LechonBuddha

Wanna bet it doesn't look like the photos? 

I was there less than a year ago and the place was stunning both above and below water.  Go see it now before they screw it up. 

• Like 2

I went some way out of my ways to ride the "vegetable highway" which I've been eyeing off for some time, but there were no vegetables.

It wasn't named because of vegetables along the highway, but rather for the trucks that would ply the road to deliver the vegetables they carried. 

• Like 1
mabutiman

I was at Port Barton about 20 years ago ...great long sweeping beach good for swimming and became deep quickly .. surrounded by coconut palms ..only accommodation then was A frame cabins ...very basic ..but about P100 a night if I remember ...the road from Puerto Princessa was shite then !!