Skip Ellsworth - Passed away this afternoon

Paul

Greetings:

A man I have known for a long time, has passed away. Some of you may have never met Skip, while others may have had experiences that I have had, to spend time talking with him. He was quite an interesting guy to talk with.

Skip, in the US, had a log cabin (and the owner of a prominent log home company) which was used in a series filmed in the US, called Northern Exposure.

I personally have known Skip since early in 2003, having appreciated many conversations with him. But, he is gone now.

I am not sure what will happen with Skip's Beach Resort. But, I wish his family the best, through this time of sorrow.

Paul

Very sorry to hear about this. We did not know him and never met him but we do offer our deepest condolences to his family.

• Admin (Retired)
Aerosick

I spent a lot of time with Skip. If anyone is curious about him, read his comments about being in Bruce Lee's 1st Class of students in Bruce's Martial Arts School. That was before Bruce Lee became well known in the movies.

Read about it here at Skip's Resort site: http://www.skipsbeachresort.com/

More about Skip: http://www.loghomebuilders.org/categories/...-skip-ellsworth

Skip was the founder of the Log Home Builders Association.

Billy

• Admin (Retired)
broden

i don't know where or when but i know i've heard this name before

by the looks of it he lived a hell of a life

our condolences to his family and friends

tom_shor

I never met him but I am sorry to hear of his passing. Sounds like he will be missed very much.

Reading his website I know I have missed a chance to meet a great man. May he rest in peace.

mikejwoodnz

RIP Skip - Mike & Purity

TreeFrog

I knew Skip for sometime as well. He was a genuine, likeable guy. The last time I spoke with him was last year though when I stayed at his resort. A couple months back my sister visited his resort, and stayed for a few days. She liked it there so much, she ended up staying until hours before we were to fly to Manila to leave the country. That actually turned out to be the highlight of her trip. Well my heart goes out to his wife and kids during this difficult time. I hope they find the strength to get through this and continue running that little place like they had been doing for some years with Skip. I hope that doesn't change. He had his heart in that place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin (Retired)
Aerosick

Skip Ellsworth will be buried on August 21, 2008 at the Maya cemetery in Daanbantayan at 1:00 pm. The burial mass will be held in the Maya Church.

• 1 month later...
daniel sweden

Hi

I am from sweden I just found that skip passed away.

my name is Daniel andersson and was a Email buddy with Skip

I hope someone can tell belle and chip and flip that I am sorry for the loss. maybe chip remember me but I dont know about belle

Love and peace

daniel

ps skip I will never forget you, man

And if someone knew skip pls email me at [email protected]

or msn live messenger [email protected]

Edited by daniel sweden