Digitek DT-2843R AC/DC Multimeter

A little meter that has come highly recommended, and not very costly either, is the Digitek DT-2843R AC+DC True RMS Multimeter with Backlight and Temperature. The seller, apparently, is well recommended as well.

So, I figured I would pick one of these up for testing solar arrays, batteries, controllers, etc. Not to mention, a guy can NEVER have too many multimeters, can he? 

digitek_meter.JPG

digitek_meter_accessories.JPG

I got it, shipped to me, for $44.00 USD. Now that I look back, I should have had it shipped to my address in Cambodia. It would have only cost a couple of bucks to do that. But, it won't take up much room, and certainly doesn't weigh much. 

Anyway, if any of you are looking for a new meter, maybe give this little Digitek model a try. 

• Like 3

I'm all metered up from my Journeyman days but that looks like a decent little unit. For general use I usually used to look for a fast sample rate and a pseudo-analog bar meter but for $45 that thing seems to be really nice. Is that actual rubber armor or just cosmetic?

Edited by Cipro
  • Like 1

a guy can NEVER have too many multimeters, can he?

I've got about 50+ of them. Dont think I need any more!

• Like 1

I'm all metered up from my Journeyman days but that looks like a decent little unit. For general use I usually used to look for a fast sample rate and a pseudo-analog bar meter but for $45 that thing seems to be really nice. Is that actual rubber armor or just cosmetic?

I will be able to tell you in a couple / few weeks.

shadow

Ever since my Fluke got wet, I go through a multimeter every year. It doesn't seem to matter if they are $50 or $5. Bought this today for P120 from CDR King;

2849_1.jpg

I've got about 50+ of them. Dont think I need any more!

I guess that you have a good old avo meter ?

AVO8mk2.jpg

• Like 1

I have several AVO's, including the actual ones I used in past jobs, plus other older models, so that I have examples of almost every type of AVO ever made.

I still use one as my "everyday" machine, as it is my test meter of choice.

I always preferred Tek meters over Fluke, no reason really just liked them better and so that's mostly what I have in my toolbox as leftovers, but there's nothing wrong with a Fluke IMO. 

• Like 1

I used to live and breathe Fluke. I had two Fluke 77s for a long time. I wish I had brought them with me when I left the US.

I need one that will test caps

I need one that will test caps

Hmmm. I haven't seen one that will do that, yet.

baseball-cap4.jpg

• Hmmmm Smart     A's

Is the 7 1/4 the hat size or the IQ you need to be to were it

Edited by philuk
  • Like 1

The guy on the solar forum that did the review of tons of multimeters didn't give Mastech a good rating.

Take a look as his O/P here. He mentions Mastech twice in that post, alone.

I had purchased a Klein MM1000. A buddy brought it over to Cambodia for me, from the states. I paid something like $26 USD for it. He (the reviewer) showed me that it had been a rebranded Mastech. That's when I figured I should probably look for another one, if I ever returned home (to the US) again.