Sign in to follow this  
Monsoon

Blogger: Boracay – probably the worst island I’ve ever visited

smokey

I see them all the time from up above… in fact, there are so many of islands with beautiful beaches... the problem is how to get there… you probably need an air conditioned cat or trimaran which can be your hotel there but those types of boats are too expensive here… :)

and do take a depth finder or you will be the next tom hanks on castaway 

Chris24

I can't wait to read her on-the-ground review of the beaches of Jolo.

• Like 1

Phil Scooter

Skip Boracay and try out Alona Beach in Panglao, Bohol... much better experience than i had in Boracay.

I do love the original Boracay Island, but I went there off-season though. Alona Beach is fabulous, but another excellent beach in Bohol is, Anda White Beach, which is a secluded, fine, white-sand beach that stretches for what it seems like, forever! There is a sign there that says, "Welcome to Boracay Anda Beach!" LOL! ...IT'S NOT THAT CROWDED + IT'S SIMPLY...B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! :cool:

Also there in the same vicinity, they have the Anda White Beach Resort, that is a very peaceful and soothing experience as well.

Edited by Phil Scooter

throttleplate

so some of you never been there and you base your decision to not go because some people said it sucks? I went there and got engaged in first week of november which is the start of great weather and still on the edge of low season so i didnt have 1000s of people to trip over.Dont go when this woman did as i see by the sand sculptcher it was dec 20 which is high season.

I took a 6 hour bus ride to get there and it was air con and not a peep out of anyone.The check in to the island was fst as i was the only one in line as again it was in november not dec 20.The guy took my bag as i was glad he did as it was heavy and i paid him 20 pesos which he looked at me like WTF and i looked back and said have a nice day.

Once on the island itself i took a trike and 15 minutes later i was inside hotel lobby and quickly in my room.Enjoyed 6 days of laying on the beach reading and swimming,didnt do any of the tourist stuff,the gf did get a massage on the beach and it was front and back with oil while laying on beach chair and she paid for it herself,250 php for an hour.I did notice a brittish perv in a speedo watching intensly as my girl was wearing a low cut bottom bikini gettin rubbed down.

The folks selin shit are annoying but you just ignore them,food was great on the beach,not expensive but can be if you go to the wrong places.Water was awesome,sun was out all week and evenings were cool.Great time and will go again.

• Like 2

realme

Let's talk Boracay POO

I've often wondered..

Boracay small island.. 

lots & lots of people..

does the POO seap into tthe sea ?

• Like 2

newtocebu

Im going against the grain here - we love Boracay ( been there 3 times )

We have had friends in Oz ( without any affiliation to the Philippines at all ) visit and said they loved the place, and plan on going back.

And I must be the only one that thinks that chick is HOT ( if that is her in the pic ). 

Her attitude is a bit ordinary though..

ozboy

dang you white women haters surprise me... guess you did not have a mom or sisters ... i guess all white women are bad except my mom and my sisters

There are plenty of gorgeous girls on Aussie beaches...maybe the real issue is they wouldn't give old guys any attention and that's probably what hurts most....

• Like 5

blaze pontaine

I could live to be a 100 and still not understand how people can complain about Boracay.

hookedtothenet

It might be a tourist trap, but it is a nice one ;) One that brings in a lot to the economy.

DOTC & DOT GRANT US OUR MUCH NEEDED INFRASTRUCTURE "WE DESERVED".

CORRECTION FROM DOT REGION VI- ‘Tourism receipts P40B, not P27B’
January 14, 2015
KALIBO, Aklan — Tourism receipts in Aklan in 2014 reached P40.705 billion, the Department of Tourism (DOT) Region 6 clarified.
According to DOT, the Provincial Tourism Office (PTO) has “erroneously” reported the figure as only P27.066 billion, which saw print in several newspapers last week.
Tourist arrivals in the province last year reached 1.472 million, the regional Tourism office said.
DOT Region 6 said the PTO erred in computing the total tourism receipts because it did not follow the prescribed formula.
The agency is using the following formula in computing tourism receipts: average length of stay (days) in Boracay Island x average expenditure per tourist per day x total number of tourists = total tourism receipts.
Foreign and overseas tourists are expected to stay in Boracay for an average of 9.6 days with an average daily expenditure of P3,926 each, said the DOT.
Local tourists, on the other hand, are expected to stay for an average of 6.3 days with an average daily expenditure of P2,833 each.
As computed by DOT, the total tourism receipts from foreign and overseas Filipino tourists was P27.403 billion, while from domestic visitors, P13.301 billion, or a total of P40.705 billion.
In addition, tourist arrivals in 2014 (1,472,352) were 8 percent higher than the 2013 figure of 1,363,601, said the agency.
Foreign tourists in 2014 numbered 682,832; domestic visitors, 745,266; and overseas Filipinos, 44,254.
Korean nationals outnumbered all other nationalities visiting Boracay Island with 263,377 arrivals.
Despite the travel ban imposed by their government, Chinese visitors ranked second in terms of number with 165,243 arrivals.
Aside from Koreans and Chinese, the bulk of arrivals in Boracay were from Taiwan, 48,354; United States, 22,203; Malaysia, 19,542; Singapore, 18,175; Russia, 17,945; Australia, 17,649; Saudi Arabia, 11,136; and United Kingdom, 10,549. (Odon Bandiola/PN)

shadow

I can always tell a white woman is from a western feminized nation because they're white...nuff said.

You could assume wrong here in Duma then. I know several white women who are 100% filipino, of spanish descent. White skin, freckles, red hair, the scowl, western attitude, the works.

• Like 1

shadow

Let's talk Boracay POO

I've often wondered..

Boracay small island.. 

lots & lots of people..

does the POO seap into tthe sea ?

No worries, the shellfish gobble it up fast!

;)

Kabisay-an gid

No worries, the shellfish gobble it up fast!

I'm not so sure about that. Another LinC member recently remarked that he saw a floating turd close to the beach recently. Crowded beaches like Boracay mean more of a problem in that regard. And I'd hate to venture a guess as to how many are urinating in the water there.

I prefer a quiet beach without many people and no fishermen in the area. But as I stated previously, different strokes for different folks. There is no right or wrong position here.

Cipro

I could live to be a 100 and still not understand how people can complain about Boracay.

It's too small and there's not a lot of good SCUBA diving.

Hope that helps, hope you still live to be over 100.

tomaw

The population density of the Philippines is 780 per sq mile the population density of Hawaii is 186

Per square mile. Not exactly solitude. Premium beach with healthy reef is limited.

And how much of that population is in cities like Manila and Cebu?

tomaw

There are plenty of gorgeous girls on Aussie beaches...maybe the real issue is they wouldn't give old guys any attention and that's probably what hurts most....

That's definitely it. I love white girls but I'm mostly attracted to girls half my age whether they be white Filipina or whatever. Unfortunately white girls half my age aren't likely to give me the time of day. When it comes to Filipino girls half my age.....He'll, I married one!