Sign in to follow this  
Monsoon

Blogger: Boracay – probably the worst island I’ve ever visited

Cipro

I liked Boracay but I was in the off season. Only really bad thing was that it is a small island, and I ran out of things to do pretty fast. 

• Like 2

tomaw

Many of the beaches in the Philippines are headed this direction, Malapascua, white beach moalboal, Palawan resorts. By the way, white women are great. Some people must have serious rejection issues.

When they get to number 6,999 I'll be concerned.
  • Like 1

tomaw

Over the years I have come to the conclusion that anything that is heavily advertised or lot's of hype about, don't go.   Whiner

Well. I guess that leaves Hawaii and Tahiti off your list.

smokey

I hate to jump to conclusions so I won't, but I think it's safe to say you may be right. Judging from the places she's been it sounds like she's a rich bitch that's hard to please. I 've been to Boracay 3 times. Definitely loved the place and didn't experience any of the crap mentioned here.

maybe you went on the day of the big rooster fights hence no one was there

tomaw

maybe you went on the day of the big rooster fights hence no one was there

It must have been on this day:post-12051-0-49416200-1421280210_thumb.jpg. No, it's not photo shopped or 5:00 in the morning. Edited by tomaw

tomaw

In Boracay and all the beaches I went to in the Philippines the visibility was amazing! In California I have to dive out on Catalina before I can see my hand in front of my face!

Edited by tomaw

Jester

Well. I guess that leaves Hawaii and Tahiti off your list.

Leaves parts of Hawaii off the list.   Can't say I have ever wanted to go to Tahiti. 

Aerosick

We enjoyed the beaches and sunsets.

trip2boracay 022.jpg

• Like 1

tomaw

Leaves parts of Hawaii off the list. Can't say I have ever wanted to go to Tahiti.

Hawaii is the most beautiful place I've ever been. However, if you want an island with very few if any people on it stay in the Philippines. There's 7,000+ islands and many are completely undeveloped. Edited by tomaw

Mikala

Hawaii is the most beautiful place I've ever been.

With at least 137 islands and atolls making up the Hawaiian islands, I'd reckon there's something there for everyone. I still enjoy Oahu though with the tourist activities and such. Unlike Boracay, tourism is not a major factor in everyday life for most folks living in Hawaii.

bmoore

Hawaii is the most beautiful place I've ever been. However, if you want an island with very few if any people on it stay in the Philippines. There's 7,000+ islands and many are completely undeveloped.

The population density of the Philippines is 780 per sq mile the population density of Hawaii is 186

Per square mile. Not exactly solitude. Premium beach with healthy reef is limited.

• Like 1

sugbu777

There are some nice beaches in northern Zambales province. Not the white powdery sand, but still nice. Good surfing north of Iba.

miles-high

By the way, white women are great. Some people must have serious rejection issues.

I met two of them last December in the Rad Blu bar… One Canadian lady and the other from Norway, both looked in their 30’s… They were eating sugar-free chocolate mousse which I always order there (I don’t eat any other dessert)… It was a good conversation starter… It turned out they met on one of the Filipina dating sites and were there to meet Filipinas, in fact the Canadian one was trying to sponsor a Filipina on a finance visa or something similar to Canada… It’s always more fun in the Philippines haha :D

miles-high

There's 7,000+ islands and many are completely undeveloped.

I see them all the time from up above… in fact, there are so many of islands with beautiful beaches... the problem is how to get there… you probably need an air conditioned cat or trimaran which can be your hotel there but those types of boats are too expensive here… :)

burnttoast

Judging from the places she's been it sounds like she's a rich bitch that's hard to please.

I've met Anglo backpacker chick types in Cebu and their strategy is to fake it until they make it (ie: travel as cheap as possible on their own dime so at least they have a fallback plan but when they arrive at the travel destination they primarily seek out generous / wealthy sponsors to upgrade their accomadations to a 5 star hotel, free dinner and free drinks at the bar). Then of course later on you check their blog and facebook and never see pictures of the patron because he's become the photographer but there are hundreds of pics of the girl enjoying herself.

• Like 4