Sign in to follow this  
Monsoon

Blogger: Boracay – probably the worst island I’ve ever visited

Jawny

What's the Topic? Boracay being overly crowded? Or the faults of white women?

I'm getting lost here.

Help me out???

I think I see where the disconnect occurred. Some of the members were thinking "white beaches". Others were thinking "white bitches". Amazingly quick to see the misogyny pop up.

Of all the places to enjoy beaches, Boracay would be my last choice. Too much of the pushing the tourist for every spare peso that is available.

Last time I was in a water at a beach here I saw a turd float by which spoiled it for me.

In my area the only popular swimming and beach areas are where there are "fresh water" pools. Even a dump of a resort near my home attracts huge numbers because of the proximity to the salt water beach (turds included) but several fresh water pools.

• Like 4

Aerosick

I think I see where the disconnect occurred. Some of the members were thinking "white beaches". Others were thinking "white bitches". Amazingly quick to see the misogyny pop up.

Of all the places to enjoy beaches, Boracay would be my last choice. Too much of the pushing the tourist for every spare peso that is available.

Last time I was in a water at a beach here I saw a turd float by which spoiled it for me.

In my area the only popular swimming and beach areas are where there are "fresh water" pools. Even a dump of a resort near my home attracts huge numbers because of the proximity to the salt water beach (turds included) but several fresh water pools.

Thanks for your help! I went to Boracay once and that was enough! I like going down to the beaches near Carcar and Argao.

...and I have also had my fill of the saga "50 Shades of White Whatevers"...

• Like 3

voirdire

I like Boracay, been there 4 times throughout the years.  Always had a blast, probably cause I don't have one foot in the grave, Boracay caters to more of the younger crowd.  I like to go where there is a lot of action.  There are much nicer beaches in the Philippines, I would like to visit Palawan, heard that place is good.                                

Edited by voirdire
  • Like 1

Aerosick

Our nieces and nephews enjoyed our time there, especially during our beach strolls star gazing. Lots of people they recognized from movies and TV shows.

smokey

The author is a white western woman, nuff said. In Ayala for example, I can always tell if a white chick is from a western feminized nation because they will always have a permanent scowl afixed on their face walking around. Their super powers, special priviledge, entitlements and attention seeking amount to nill here. 

dang you white women haters surprise me... guess you did not have a mom or sisters ... i guess all white women are bad except my mom and my sisters 

• Like 6

oscarpears

try out Alona Beach in Panglao, Bohol... much better experience than i had in Boracay.

Yes, i was there, quiet and reasonably beautiful, but i saw lots of nappies thrown on the beach, and more disgustingly i saw fishermen, saving on lavatory paper by using the sea as a CR, or should it be Sea R ? 
there are few beaches more beautiful or as clean as the beaches in Bournemouth in the south coast of England. 

Sven

There was nothing Filipino in Boracay ..

I have to disagree with that statement..! It looks like the author had at least one genuinely Filipino cultural experience, namely, this one...:

Less than 10 minutes before I was supposed to show up for the class, I received an email stating that the class is canceled and can be rescheduled for next day. When I replied to ask what time the class is, I received two emails – one stating that it’s at 10am and another at 3pm. When I showed up the next day at 3pm there was nobody there.

• Like 5

nomad4ever

How can that be? Hey, they emailed her!

• Like 2

rfm010

Boracay – probably the worst island I’ve ever visited

wonderful...

my wife warned me about boracay over 20 years ago and i have managed to avoid it.  she occasionally has to go there for work so she's been able to keep me updated on its "progress". 

however, a friends daughter from the u.s. has decided to have her wedding there in june and it looks like i've got to go.  wife smirked a bit when she told me.  

Bonjon

Later, I realized that the local Boracay Filipinos don’t really give a damn about visitors at all.

Well I went first time in the mid 1980's and it had virtually no inhabitants.  The "locals" moved in at the same rate as the tourists.

I liked it then, but it's not for me now.  

• Like 2

whizkid

If you're old and rusty, don't go Boracay. There are 7,106 islands left to choose from.

Jester

Over the years I have come to the conclusion that anything that is heavily advertised or lot's of hype about, don't go.   Whiner

• Like 1

bmoore

Many of the beaches in the Philippines are headed this direction, Malapascua, white beach moalboal, Palawan resorts. By the way, white women are great. Some people must have serious rejection issues.

Cipro

"I went to the beach in a bikini and no one made a fuss over me, this place sucks"

• Like 5

tomaw

The author is a white western woman, nuff said. In Ayala for example, I can always tell if a white chick is from a western feminized nation because they will always have a permanent scowl afixed on their face walking around. Their super powers, special priviledge, entitlements and attention seeking amount to nill here.

I hate to jump to conclusions so I won't, but I think it's safe to say you may be right. Judging from the places she's been it sounds like she's a rich bitch that's hard to please. I 've been to Boracay 3 times. Definitely loved the place and didn't experience any of the crap mentioned here.
  • Like 2