Sign in to follow this  
Monsoon

Blogger: Boracay – probably the worst island I’ve ever visited

contraman

I would second that blog.

It is so close to my experience that I could have written it.

• Like 8

oztony

Not to mention that if you walk past any of the sand sculptures on the beach and even just glance at them you get screamed at "DONATION , DONATION "

It really is quite pitiful , to be constantly harangued and annoyed by others it is impossible to enjoy yourself with all of these persistent disrespectful interruptions

We went there 12 years ago , and would never go back , lots of other places that are way better than Boracay , it has to be one of the most over rated places

that you would ever come across.

• Like 6

smokey

well i think there are 7 vendors for every tourist 

• Like 1

Skywalker

I went during the low season, and it wasn't that bad.

But yeah, it is over rated.  There are plenty of other beaches.

Edit:  To be fair, it was about what I expected because it is heavily advertised, and totally commercial.

It's about as culturally viable as Pattaya is to Thailand, that is to say not representative at all.

However it is massively popular, and has it's own airport  :frantic:  so it retains it's attraction for whatever reason.

Edited by Skywalker
  • Like 1

Headshot

The author is a white western woman, nuff said. In Ayala for example, I can always tell if a white chick is from a western feminized nation because they will always have a permanent scowl afixed on their face walking around.

I can always tell a white woman is from a western feminized nation because they're white...nuff said.

• Like 2

Skywalker

I can always tell if a white chick is from a western feminized nation because they will always have a permanent scowl afixed on their face walking around.

To be fair, they see the competition and realise that they can't come close to the many stunningly beautiful filipinas that add to the Philippines experience.

Boracay does seem to attract a huge number of Koreans, or maybe it's just that they are easy to identify.

• Like 1

Mikala

I would second that blog.

It is so close to my experience that I could have written it.

Gosh, you had a much better experience than me! I tell folks not to bother with Boracay. It might have been nice 40 years ago.

• Like 1

Kabisay-an gid

Not the worst island out there, but overrated for sure.

Really depends what your personal preference is. If you like a highly commercialized party beach, Boracay fits the bill. Others prefer a quiet, peaceful beach to get away from it all - Siquijor would be a good place to look.

Different strokes for different folks! :)

• Like 1

burnttoast

I can always tell a white woman is from a western feminized nation because they're white...nuff said.

Not neccesarily. White women from Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe; even western european nations like France, Italy, Germany display a much more pleasant, much more feminine demeanor than women from countries like: Australia, USA, Canada, UK, New Zealand. The women from these English speaking countries are the world's absolute worst. For a couple generations now they are raised to all believe they are princesses and the center of the world is them. Life is a hollywood film and they are the star and if reality plays out any differently something is wrong. You can read this review and it just oozes what I'm talking about.

Edited by burnttoast
  • Like 1

Borinquen

Skip Boracay and try out Alona Beach in Panglao, Bohol... much better experience than i had in Boracay.

• Like 4

Kabisay-an gid

Not neccesarily. White women from Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe; even western european nations like France, Italy, Germany display a much more pleasant, much more feminine demeanor than women from countries like: Australia, USA, Canada, UK, New Zealand. The women from these English speaking countries are the world's absolute worst. For a couple generations now they are raised to all believe they are princesses and the center of the world is them. Life is a hollywood film and they are the star and if reality plays out any differently something is wrong. You can read this review and it just oozes what I'm talking about.

Opinions, opinions. I know of a number of American males who married Russian women, and virtually every one turned out to be a real witch. Having lived in Europe for about 5 years, I've known personally a number of German, French and Italian women who were quite impressed with themselves and not that feminine and sexy.

• Like 3