Sign in to follow this  
miles-high

The best place to live in the US?

crj

Oregon or Denver Colorado are great areas

• Like 1

D_D

Where would be the best place to move to in the US, particularly if you have a Filipina wife and school age kids?

:D

The best place to live is within a 30 minute drive of a Jollibee location.

http://www.jollibeeusa.com/storelocator.html

TheMatrix

Hands down, with a question, the best places to live in the U.S. are...

Pacific Northwest in the Summer.  Scottsdale/Phoenix in the winter.

TheMatrix

My next road trip.  I'll report back what's the best...

map6.png

Salty Dog

You want to take a long trip. Try this one. I did it in 1976 when the Alaskan Highway was still gravel.

trip.JPG

• Like 1

miles-high

We did this route in our RV...

t.png

If you are driving your RV, make sure you comply with Canada’s gun laws… and very strict US laws bringing any meat, frozen meet, etc. back to the states, particularly in your fridge, if you bring some of them back to the states, make sure keep them in the original package or wrapping paper, e.g. Kroger’s, Meijer’s to show they were purchased in the US…

• Like 1

TheMatrix

You want to take a long trip. Try this one. I did it in 1976 when the Alaskan Highway was still gravel.

attachicon.giftrip.JPG

Wow... what was the best part of that trip?  Don't tell me arriving.  lol.  I've never drove Canada previously.  How was that trip between Toronto, around the Great lakes to Calgary?  Boring like Iowa, Nebraska?  

TheMatrix

If you are driving your RV, make sure you comply with Canada’s gun laws… and very strict US laws bringing any meat, frozen meet, etc. back to the states, particularly in your fridge, if you bring some of them back to the states, make sure keep them in the original package or wrapping paper, e.g. Kroger’s, Meijer’s to show they were purchased in the US…

Probably no intention of taking guns into Canada.  The route into Mexico I will shy away from with all the crap happening in the border towns.  

TheMatrix
TheMatrix

Things are improving, but it is a long ways from helping those in the hard hit areas now.  Go talk to people in Josephine county, and see what they have to say. Talk to the woman who was raped there last year, in her home, while on the phone with the 911 operator who was telling her she had no officer to send her. Go to Siletz, and ask the locals how safe they feel there at night, knowing they live in a community full of homeless, jobless, druggies, and that it may take hours for a cop to reach them.

One of my favorite towns on the Oregon coast is Yachats.  Have you been there?  Very familiar with it?  We stayed in the Silver Surf motel for three nights when we were touring Oregon looking at properties.  It was a wonderful quaint community.  It's one of those small towns you don't forget about purely based on its beauty and the friendliness of its residences.  I can definitely live there.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

shadow

One of my favorite towns on the Oregon coast is Yachats.  Have you been there?  Very familiar with it?  We stayed in the Silver Surf motel for three nights when we were touring Oregon looking at properties.  It was a wonderful quaint community.  It's one of those small towns you don't forget about purely based on its beauty and the friendliness of its residences.  I can definitely live there.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yes, quite familiar with the Yachats area. Did you visit Cape Perpetua while there? If not, you missed a great opportunity.

capeperpetuabyalex1derr.jpg

Note; Yachats was a "gay" community, back when everyone thought to be gay was to be happy. Still a lot of gays there, 40 years later.

Edited by shadow
  • Like 1

Salty Dog

Wow... what was the best part of that trip?  

Banff and Jasper National Park in Alberta.

Lake Louise was beautiful.

canada-800x600.jpg

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 3

TheMatrix

Note; Yachats was a "gay" community, back when everyone thought to be gay was to be happy. Still a lot of gays there, 40 years later.

Beautiful.  Gay?  No wonder I liked it so much.  Gay towns always have a certain appeal.  Laguna Beach in Southern California is one gay town, and we always have a gay time hanging out there.

I betcha missing Oregon more with each day passing?  I've noticed lots of posts with people mentioning Oregon as of late.  I wonder who's making it so popular?  Gotta be Paul.  

Banff and Jasper National Park in Alberta.

Lake Louise was beautiful.

attachicon.gifcanada-800x600.jpg

Wow!  I could live there... right in the middle on a 50-foot houseboat.

• Like 1

Salty Dog
Gay towns always have a certain appeal.

Well yes, for Gays... :biggrin_01:

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 1

TheMatrix

Well yes, for Gays... :biggrin_01:

Nah, but their clean, neat and orderly.  And, you hardly ever see gay bums.