Sign in to follow this  
miles-high

The best place to live in the US?

miles-high

outskirts of detroit. say, rochester or oakland township to the north, chelsea/ann arbor to the west

Thank you but that is the area I should avoid... my ex still lives there in West Bloomfield... haha :D

• Like 1

TheMatrix

10645015_10202129160790567_3439966724718

• Like 2

Kabisay-an gid

10645015_10202129160790567_3439966724718

No hurricanes have made landfall in Florida since 2005. Filipinas take to the Florida climate like fish to water.

If Florida just doesn't fit one's bill, Metro Atlanta is a good choice.

• Like 4

SkyMan

Thank you but that is the area I should avoid... my ex still lives there in West Bloomfield... haha :D

And the roads in Mich are actually worse than Cebu.

I read a while back that for retirees, Arkansas is one of the best states financially.  I'd like the rural nature of the place also.  

Edited by SkyMan

Kabisay-an gid

The Detroit area is near the top of my list of places to avoid, and I lived in Michigan for several years.

Aerosick

I am prejudiced by where I am now. I have worked/lived all over the USA. Even bought a retirement home in Arizona until I saw what Phoenix summers were like!

I am 2 hours north of LAX in Los Angeles, 5 hours away from Las Vegas and a couple hours away from mountain fishing, deep sea fishing, beaches, etc. We are at 2,000 ft (610 meters) elevation with the cleanest air in California. We get all 4 seasons.

Yes, everyone knows the down sides to California, but for us, our small town is just right.

• Like 2

TheMatrix

I am 2 hours north of LAX in Los Angeles

Is that by bicycle?

• Like 1

Aerosick

Could be  motorcycle. But we have friends in Los Angeles Valley area where we park our vehicle when we go on long trips. Near their house is the Van Nuys Flyaway bus lines going to LAX. Makes it easy for us to exit/arrive at LAX.

• Like 1

goggleye

Im in the Florida Keys now  - beautiful here - but housing is too expensive  - and if you dont love the ocean  not so much to do.    I think ill look near Oak Hill or Titusville, Florida areas - the space coast for my retirement place.   Cheaper housing   - Near the Atlantic surf and lots of inland waters too.  Gardening and Fishing are pretty much what i do for fun.   Not far from Orlando - If i cant find it there in terms of health care and shopping you cant find it anywhere,   

• Like 5

batman2525

Bird Key,Sarasota.

smokey

I am prejudiced by where I am now. I have worked/lived all over the USA. Even bought a retirement home in Arizona until I saw what Phoenix summers were like!

I am 2 hours north of LAX in Los Angeles, 5 hours away from Las Vegas and a couple hours away from mountain fishing, deep sea fishing, beaches, etc. We are at 2,000 ft (610 meters) elevation with the cleanest air in California. We get all 4 seasons.

Yes, everyone knows the down sides to California, but for us, our small town is just right.

must be by magic mountain or palmdale ... i say magic mountain   maybe you should of tried Flagstaff 

Edited by smokey

Aerosick

must be by magic mountain or palmdale ... i say magic mountain   maybe you should of tried Flagstaff 

In Tehachapi between Mojave and Bakersfield. Only cops and cons live in Palmdale... :bobward:

TheMatrix

Bird Key,Sarasota.

Are you able to swim with the whale sharks or dolphins in Bird Key?  How'd it go down in Oslob?  

smokey

In Tehachapi between Mojave and Bakersfield. Only cops and cons live in Palmdale... :bobward:

and Tehachapi isnt that where the huge juvie center is 

Aerosick

and Tehachapi isnt that where the huge juvie center is 

No, was a women's prison in the '50's until the EQ. Now it's a men's prison, the largest employer here. Once the town counted the prisoners to build up the population from 30,000 but the State told them they couldn't get more funds that way.

But we do have a yearly rodeo...