DO NOT eat the shellfish!

Irenicus

I personally know TWO people recovering from this right now, plus "yellow fever's" recent report of getting sick on shellfish at a local resto here.

I think I know one of the guys you are talking about.  Spent six days around Xmas time in the hospital.

Yeah, he got it bad, and I guess they told him it's gonna be another three months before he starts to feel normal.

Ugh!

• Like 1
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• Headshot

• hyaku

• TheMatrix

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Every year I run into someone who has "yellow fever", that is, Hepatitis A. They nearly always get this from eating the shellfish after it has been raining a lot. I personally know TWO people recoveri

Once a month at my house

My commander in Korea got Hep A from eating prawns at a governor's reception. It almost killed him. Any creature in the ocean (or in fresh water) that filter feeds can carry Hep A that you can catch i

Knowdafish

This is another good reason to go with aquacultured shellfish that are raised in a controlled environment. 

• Like 1
shadow

I think I know one of the guys you are talking about.  Spent six days around Xmas time in the hospital.

Yeah, he got it bad, and I guess they told him it's gonna be another three months before he starts to feel normal.

Ugh!

I think I knew it before he did, it just didn't dawn on me what was wrong with him. He was one sick puppy before he knew about it, but I had never met him before, I just thought he was naturally yellow and sickly looking.

• Like 1