Sign in to follow this  
Pman

Bought a Sony Action Cam to snorkel with whale sharks and more, where's best?

fivestarph

I did my Oslob Whale Shark trip last Monday via a Tour Company as I did not feel like driving.

I have to admit it was very relaxing being collected from my residence at 6am, doing the whale watching, then a visit to the Falls ( please note the habal habal drivers charge Peso50.00 from the Car Park to the Falls and v v if you do not wish to walk), then back to Oslob for a nice basic Local lunch and thereafter return to Cebu.

If one is doing a day round trip, the earlier you leave Cebu City the better.

All in all a pleasant day out.

Edited by fivestarph
  • Like 2

Hy H

I did my Oslob Whale Shark trip last Monday via a Tour Company as I did not feel like driving.

I have to admit it was very relaxing being collected from my residence at 6am, doing the whale watching, then a visit to the Falls ( please note the habal habal drivers charge Peso50.00 from the Car Park to the Falls and v v if you do not wish to walk), then back to Oslob for a nice basic Local lunch and thereafter return to Cebu.

If one is doing a day round trip, the earlier you leave Cebu City the better.

All in all a pleasant day out.

Sounds good.  How much was your trip per person for tour.  Any whales ?

fivestarph

We were only two, so cost was Peso 4,250.00 each including whale watching fees.

Lots of whale sharks. In fact it was difficult to keep out of their way. Bring an underwater camera with you if you want good photos, although there is a "shop" which will rent you an underwater camera and then put your photos on a CD. I forget the price but seemed reasonable.

throttleplate

hope the sharks were over 18 and not naked

Pman

Irenicus, on 08 Mar 2015 - 11:26 AM, said:

And it's 1000 P for foreigners - 500 for Filipinos.

Ignore the incessant whining about the price discrepancy.  Florida residency and Disney World are the exact same thing.  

It was 1000 peso for me snorkeling, 300 for gf just riding in the boat.

I almost got eaten by a sneaky whaleshark! Was filming a big one and the other one came up behind me! Sneaky bastards!!!

They say don't touch the whalesharks and stay 4 meters away, but that is almost impossible as they come up to you!

Here's a selfie with a non-carnivous cousin to the one trying to eat me:

post-15816-0-18352300-1426251072_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pman
  • Like 1

fivestarph

I was treated as a foreigner and only asked to pay Peso 500.00 for snorkeling.