Sign in to follow this  
Enuff

Balikbayan Boxes very cheap from East Coast USA

Enuff

Ok, RDS Cargo changed their name to Global Cargo Movers LLC. I found out in May when I dropped off 3 BB boxes. Same price $35 to Cebu and same delivery company in RP.

Dropped off 5/25, showed arriving in Manila 7/20

They arrived 7/16 in Liloan

Love them!!!

I felt like a complete jackwagon today

I went to drop off some BB boxes and pulled up in front. Looked up and the sign says "RDR Cargo" and I'm thinking just 2 months ago they had changed from RDR to Global Cargo Movers. Oh well. I open trunk and look down the street. Exactly 2 doors away in Global Cargo. Who would have thought there were 2 BB shippers 2 doors apart that look identical and both ship for $35 to Cebu.

Oh well I shipped 5 with global cargo. Costco had a HUGE sale on cherrios plus some other items for the house.

Maybe Next Yr

My wife sent our 1st BB Box to Minglanilla from California via LBC, large size box, cost $70 to send.  They came to our home and picked it up (no cost) and it took 40 days total.  A bunch of happy relatives there and in province :yahoo:

• Like 3

mistaeric

I felt like a complete jackwagon today

I went to drop off some BB boxes and pulled up in front. Looked up and the sign says "RDR Cargo" and I'm thinking just 2 months ago they had changed from RDR to Global Cargo Movers. Oh well. I open trunk and look down the street. Exactly 2 doors away in Global Cargo. Who would have thought there were 2 BB shippers 2 doors apart that look identical and both ship for $35 to Cebu.

Oh well I shipped 5 with global cargo. Costco had a HUGE sale on cherrios plus some other items for the house.

You sending boxes full of products from the U.S.A. Phil Customs are not concerned of you reselling them in the philippines for profit? Like at a mom and pop sari sari store.

Edited by Headshot
Removed duplicate quote

Enuff

You sending boxes full of products from the U.S.A. Phil Customs are not concerned of you reselling them in the philippines for profit? Like at a mom and pop sari sari store.

no, not reselling, only consuming

also not sending more than 5 items of the same thing

mistaeric

no, not reselling, only consuming

also not sending more than 5 items of the same thing

Ahh,,ok man I thought you were sending one full B-Box of Cheerios and I thought maybe Customs would have found that suspicious. I thought I saw Cheerios at Ayala grocery store?

Enuff

Costco has like 28oz boxes on sale for about $3. I bought 5 of each flavor (regular, honey & multigrain)

I also added a few items for the house. bathroom racks that go over the toilets, towels, clothes and shoes

plus I travel 100% of the time for work and send over all of my hotel samples for use as well

they seem to love anything free

• Like 1

mistaeric

Balikbayan boxes sent June 11th from Texas and arrived in Cebu City on August 11th. Haven't gotten word whether opened or not.

• Like 1

Davaoeno

they seem to love anything free

who doesnt ?

• Like 1

Enuff

who doesnt ?

ME!!!!

I insist on paying for everything

• Like 1

JamesMusslewhite

i spent months at the port almost every day and its crazy 100ss of forwarders some change their company names as fast as you can change your shirt.. i did see a few 40 footer containers full of BB boxes i was told that the forwarder did not receive the money to pay customs and the shipment would be sold at auction ..   our first forwarder actually had 3 company's... all in the same business all in the same office all with different business cards... reason being the port themselves will ban a company from entering and the guards will ask for id ... better to have a few on hand 

of course this will not stop me from using BB box shipping its just the cheapest way but i will try not to put high dollar stuff in the box if i can get it there another way 

Sea container auction? Now that seems like a possible good business venture for someone with capital to look into. Purchase BB containers, sort the items and then sell the items in a market or private auction  Often large sums of cash or expensive items are shipped in BB boxes along with electronics, household items, tools, clothing and food items. Could be quite profitable. 

Enuff

I sent 5 BB boxes on 7/31 w/global cargo

eta to manila was 9/27

delivered today 10/03 around 6pm

4 of the 5 boxes arrived............. other one will arrive next week???

customs tax of p135 due on each box......................???

nothing opened and all contents in great condition

I'm guessing that wont be the same for box #5

Edited by bigmook

Headshot

I'm guessing that wont be the same for box #5

What box #5? They never saw a box #5...  :cool:

cvgtpc1

customs tax of p135 due on each box......................???

paid to the deliverer when dropped off?

Enuff

paid to the deliverer when dropped off?

yes,  according to the wife we could have avoided the customs tax had they been allowed to open & inspect the boxes

apparently the delivery agent took it upon himself to p135 per box instead of waiting for customs to open, inspect & reseal

looks like customs in Cebu has a new revenue source

Headshot

I thought BB boxes were supposed to be customs free unless they contained commercial items. Maybe the delivery agent just found a way to add P135 per box to his delivery fee.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1