Balikbayan Boxes very cheap from East Coast USA

The couple who ships ours is by Magcor-Int'l Forwarder.Out of NJ.For me 90$ is a deal being we are in Upstate NY.It seems that every Filippina and her kano husband we know

runs a balikbayan shipping business.I always wondered what the real cost is.*35 bucks*.I just told my wife,she's now putting out the word that she will ship for 65$ :biggrin_01: ,I figure we can fit about 80 boxes in our trailer. :biggrin_01:

The last box we shipped left NJ 10/24/2015 and arrived in Mindanao 2/7/2015,about 4 hours from Butuan.about 3 1/2 months to the boonies.Box undamaged and unopened.

Edited by Baywak
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enuff

• cvgtpc1

• lolhahaha

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I found a company in Bergenfield, NJ called RDR Cargo doing BB Boxes for $35 to the Visayas. Box size is 28" x 18" x 17" ($4.00 from them) They have to be dropped off at their location, but you can d

status update   shipped 1/17/15 delivered 5/06/15   108 days  (roughly 3 1/2 months)   cost from NJ to home in Liloan $35 per box (18" x 17" x 28" about 75 lbs each)   I will be shipping out

My wife sent our 1st BB Box to Minglanilla from California via LBC, large size box, cost $70 to send.  They came to our home and picked it up (no cost) and it took 40 days total.  A bunch of happy rel

Posted Images

80 boxes x $30 is $2400 - fuel & tolls = heck of a profit!!!

RDR Cargo also has great hours 9am to 7pm .................... 7 days a week.

Its just a little shop in Bergenfield, NJ but I'm sure the guy can make arrangements for you.

He has stack of boxes (17" x 18" x 28") for $4 each, wouldn't be a bad idea to purchase a shit load and take them back and sell them for $5 each.

Am I getting any of this $$$ ???

• Like 1

The couple who ships ours is by Magcor-Int'l Forwarder.Out of NJ.For me 90$ is a deal being we are in Upstate NY.It seems that every Filippina and her kano husband we know

runs a balikbayan shipping business.I always wondered what the real cost is.*35 bucks*.I just told my wife,she's now putting out the word that she will ship for 65$ :biggrin_01: ,I figure we can fit about 80 boxes in our trailer. :biggrin_01:

The last box we shipped left NJ 10/24/2015 and arrived in Mindanao 2/7/2015,about 4 hours from Butuan.about 3 1/2 months to the boonies.Box undamaged and unopened.

http://www.rdrcargo.net/#!become-an-agent

• Like 1

bigmook,thanks for that link.The couple charges us 5 bucks for the box too.

My wife just called two of her filippina friends only to learn they are now shipping also-$100 per box.

If they all knew it costs 35 $ everyone would be shipping.

Edited by Baywak
ricardo123#

I did $70/ per for several boxes @ a box no weight limit in late Nov..(Christmas season)..with LBC out of Albany NY..i took to his house. I had tracking from 2 days after I dropped to this guy.

They arrived in Manila in mid Jan..they arrived with NO damage..not opened  and safe In Angeles city safe and sound at my targeted destination  on Feb. 4..

I will use this again..as far as all shipping goes?...of all I have heard?.. pay the cost .. if it is worth shipping it is worth making sure it gets there.

I will without doubt use LBC again after I get to the PI to ship my shit around there...good reliable company..

• Like 1
sugbu777

LBC has always worked good for us. Their normal rate is USD65 per box when we were living in WA. Same rate from here in Guam. LBC does run specials at certain times of the year. Then the rate usually drops to USD35 per box. We sent 12 boxes that time. 5 paid for and 2 free due to promotion from LBC (ship 5 get 6th free) My wife must stuff about 125 lbs in each box. We have sent Kohler cast iron/porcelain sinks and all kinds of tools and small construction stuff in these boxes. But when shipping from Guam, due to the Jones Act, the box goes all the way back to mainland USA first and then to Philippines, which actually makes it longer to ship a box from Guam than the US. Sheesh.

Edited by sugbu777
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Enuff

Update:

dropped off at location: 1/17

loaded on container: 1/20

departed new jersey: 1/24

arrived in manila: 3/22

currently showing as "cargo status: Customs Releasing"

• Like 1
cvgtpc1

Update:

And where was that from?  From your posts and profile not sure if Guam, WA, or WV lol

Enuff

And where was that from?  From your posts and profile not sure if Guam, WA, or WV lol

shipping from NJ

• 1 month later...
Enuff

status update

shipped 1/17/15

delivered 5/06/15

108 days  (roughly 3 1/2 months)

cost from NJ to home in Liloan $35 per box (18" x 17" x 28" about 75 lbs each)

I will be shipping out many more, very soon

• Like 4
Captain Camiguin

can anyone tell me how much it would cost to send a LBC box from Yuma AZ to Camiguin with 20 lbs inside i guess a big box is what i am asking ,,, thanks

Enuff

here's Star Kargo (used & recommended by Smokey)

http://www.starkargoaz.com/

Box Type
Box Size
Manila Luzon 1 Luzon 2 Visayas Mindanao   Regular
20x20x20 $60 $65 $70 $80 $85   Large/Jumbo
24x18x24 $75 $80 $85 $95 $100 Most boxes we ship are this size. Extra Large
24x24x24 $110 $115 $120 $135 $140  
Wolfpack

Update:

that package sure spent a lot of time in Manila...

currently tracking a package (w/towboat)...it arrived 4/29 (in Manila)...was released from customs...and is currently on it way to cebu as of 5/4...

Enuff

imagine that, delays in manila

• 2 weeks later...
Enuff

I shipped 3 more BB boxes today

pulled up on the busy street and thought the place was closed, didn't look like any lights were on.

walked up and realized that BB boxes were stacked from floor to ceiling coving the entire area (had to be almost 500 boxes)

small walking path to the office. young Filipino man came out and got them out of the car and stacked inside.

I'm sure any fire marshall in the usa would have cited them, kinda reminded me of the Philippines