visa information to australia

...i am now in australia here in cairn with him .....

cheer lelit

Lelit, as you are now in Cairns, I suggest that you meet with Mila, the owner of Jambo Bakery on Reservoir Road, Manoora. She should be able to give you some advice on your visa problems. If not she might refer you to me.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lelit

• RBS

• Lee

• Wirraway

Top Posters In This Topic

...i am now in australia here in cairn with him .....

cheer lelit

Lelit, as you are now in Cairns, I suggest that you meet with Mila, the owner of Jambo Bakery on Reservoir Road, Manoora. She should be able to give you some advice on your visa problems. If not she might refer you to me.

hi RBS, thank you for the reply okey i will meet her when my bf is here bec. right now he is in melbourne for business meeting thank you for refer me her...thanks lelit

Lelit - If your boyfriend won't get a divorce, in my opinion, you would be better off looking for a different guy that is not married. Be open about it with your current boyfriend. Find out what his intentions are. If he is content with his present situation explain to him that a long distance relationship will not work for you, that you need someone who is able to marry you so you can live together permanently with your husband. Prepare yourself, maybe this guy is not for you. If he understands what you need and he won't (or can't) give it to you, maybe you can part as friends. Since you are already in Australia you could look around for a nice single guy.

Mike in Cebu

Lelit - If your boyfriend won't get a divorce, in my opinion, you would be better off looking for a different guy that is not married. Be open about it with your current boyfriend. Find out what his intentions are. If he is content with his present situation explain to him that a long distance relationship will not work for you, that you need someone who is able to marry you so you can live together permanently with your husband. Prepare yourself, maybe this guy is not for you. If he understands what you need and he won't (or can't) give it to you, maybe you can part as friends. Since you are already in Australia you could look around for a nice single guy.

Mike in Cebu

well thank you for your opinion, but my bf have a good intension for me and i can see it he is genuin man and honest he never hide any secret from me he is a nice guy and we have plan each other he have good plan for me and he explain to me already about the situation that we dont have to rush and i agree it i love my bf so much and i have no intension to look for another guy here who is single i know distance relationship is hard but we will make it work i dont want this relationship end coz maybe end of my life too i love my bf so much i love him more than anything in this world and even there are many single guy here in australia but i have no plan to find a guy here... i understand my bf situation and i am ready to wait even how long it takes until we get married jim and I have already plan in our life we plan together and make things together i love this man and i will always love him for the rest of my life....i know getting married is very secured but in our situation i am contented enough to always have with him beside me jim is an honest man he is a nice man and never play games on relationship he is faithfull man and i know that i already found the right man in my life and that is jim the man that i love with all my heart i can wait even how many years to take i love my bf and i trust him.... so thank you for your opinion here...cheer lelit

• Admin (Retired)
Aerosick

Lelit,

Quit beating around the bush and tell us how you really feel about Jim...

(joke, lang!)

:lol:

Billy

Lelit,

Quit beating around the bush and tell us how you really feel about Jim...

(joke, lang!)

:lol:

Billy

wow thats okey,,,well no offend i am pretty sure what i feel about jim i love him i love him very much now what u can say hehe.. :o

....i never fly before never travel and this is my first time to travel in another country ....

You are a very brave young woman. I remember the first flight my Boholana beauty took. It was from Cebu to Palawan. She was like a scared little rabbit on her first flight.

Now my girl loves flying. She has flown to Singapore, KL, Jakarta, Sandakan and Hong Kong following me around when I am at work in those places. I think she is now addicted to flying.

....i never fly before never travel and this is my first time to travel in another country ....

You are a very brave young woman. I remember the first flight my Boholana beauty took. It was from Cebu to Palawan. She was like a scared little rabbit on her first flight.

Now my girl loves flying. She has flown to Singapore, KL, Jakarta, Sandakan and Hong Kong following me around when I am at work in those places. I think she is now addicted to flying.

well thank you but honestly i am not very brave women i have my fair too but i will not listen in my own fair bec. i want to be with my man...and i dont know also now that i have experience flying i dont know if i become addicted about flying bec. honestly i am very scared with that i am scared if i love to the airport especially transit flight..in my first transit flying i am very find bec. some one assist me until i reach to australia but now i dont know but i have to be more confident so i will learn more about to fly alone...but i am not worried about it as long u can read u will never lose ..thank you cheer lellit

Wirraway

Mr Lee, Mike and Poby, thanks guys for the welcome and advice, all taken on board.

Lelit, agree that it is possible as a poster has mentioned above to get a further 3 month extension on your tourist visa, but I would not hold my breath of getting another tourist visa in a hurry back in the Philippines, as I know many guys that tried to bring their gf's on tourist visa's that were refused, in happier times my ex-wife and I bought her sister here 4 times to visit in which she always returned to the PI as per visa, on the 5th try was refused outright as the Australian Embassy in Manila said that being single posed the risk that she would breach the visa rules and not return, this after being here 4 times before, go figure.

I am very aware of the different scams in the PI, having lived in Manila before, I have been to Cebu City about 5 times and always stayed at the Cebu Plaza which I understand has changed names now. anyway Lelit I wish you all the best and hope everything works out for you in the future, but untill your bf gets a divorce can't see it happening.

Ian

lost aussie
My first post on these forums as well, if your guy wants a divorce he can get it easy here in Australia, having just gone through this with my now ex- filipina wife after 18 years of what I thought was a happy marriage who then took off with a mega rich boyfriend which I now have found out she was seeing for 7 months before, came to an aggreement to back date our seperation, and went together to the Federal Court to apply for divorce, cost A$405 in all and we both got our final decrees just 8 weeks later, as I have now turned 66 and on the senior pension, this has been a devastating time in my life, and am in the process of moving to the Philippines to live, as the Australian age pension is A$14,216 a year translates to P582,856 a year or P48,571 a month, by adding A$5000,00 to this out of my savings will give me P,654 a month to live in the PI (still trying to work out if this is enough).

There is only the one law here in Australia regarding divorce and that is that the parties have been separated for one year and a day, and either party can apply to the Federal Court, and it is an automatic process, and should be finalised by 7-12 weeks. Hope this info helps

Have been lurking on this site for the past couple of months and read daily and find it very informative, the people posting here are a good cross section of what living in Cebu City and near by is like, I would like to tell you all I appreciate the input you so freely give and look forward to meeting some of the expats there when I arrive.

I lived before in Manila for 5 years (1987-1992) so can well understand some of the problems there that occur.

Regard Ian

Nth Queensland

Hi Ian :)

Have you checked on Australian pensions laws and rules for living overseas,I do recall reading somewhere that you will not receive an aged pension if you are not living in Australia after a period of time.

Best to make sure of these things first.

Tom

Wirraway
Have you checked on Australian pensions laws and rules for living overseas,I do recall reading somewhere that you will not receive an aged pension if you are not living in Australia after a period of time.

Best to make sure of these things first.

Tom

Hi Tom, yes the age pension can be paid indefinitley while living overseas, you probably was reading about the disability pension and some others which only allow 13 weeks overseas.

Edited by Wirraway
Mr Lee, Mike and Poby, thanks guys for the welcome and advice, all taken on board.

Lelit, agree that it is possible as a poster has mentioned above to get a further 3 month extension on your tourist visa, but I would not hold my breath of getting another tourist visa in a hurry back in the Philippines, as I know many guys that tried to bring their gf's on tourist visa's that were refused, in happier times my ex-wife and I bought her sister here 4 times to visit in which she always returned to the PI as per visa, on the 5th try was refused outright as the Australian Embassy in Manila said that being single posed the risk that she would breach the visa rules and not return, this after being here 4 times before, go figure.

I am very aware of the different scams in the PI, having lived in Manila before, I have been to Cebu City about 5 times and always stayed at the Cebu Plaza which I understand has changed names now. anyway Lelit I wish you all the best and hope everything works out for you in the future, but untill your bf gets a divorce can't see it happening.

Ian

hi Ian, thank you for the reply as of now i will not think about it too much maybe we should find out what visa suit me so i can stay here in australia for longer stay. about tourist visa i think if have all complete requirements i think no problem for that bec. we have all requirements to pass as a proof...i am still searching here and find out what visa suit me so i can go back to australia for longer stay and can work, my bf have a small business here as a retailer my question is it posible that he can use a sponsorship visa for me so i can stay here in australia for longer stay? what do you think ian of this opinion... thanks lelit

.... my question is it posible that he can use a sponsorship visa for me so i can stay here in australia for longer stay? ....

The short answer is no. For an Australian employer to sponsor you as a worker, you must be a formally qualified professional (in an acceptable field) or a formally qualified skilled worker (in an acceptable field).

There is also a sponsored family visitor visa available for visiting family. For Jim to sponsor you for this, he (Jim) must be either your parent, child, adopted child, spouse, brother, sister, grandparent, grandchild, aunt, uncle niece, nephew, or 'step' equivalent of any of these. An alternative is if Jim can get a member of an Australian parliament (Commonwealth, State or Territory) or a local government mayor to sponsor you. This last option is most unlikely (but not impossible).

A sponsored family visitor visa has the same restrictions (3 or 6 months stay and no work) as a normal tourist visa.

I'm sorry Lelit, from what you have told us, the only real options you have until Jim gets a divorce are the tourist visas. There is no other way around this problem.

Edited by RBS

Ian

hi Ian, thank you for the reply as of now i will not think about it too much maybe we should find out what visa suit me so i can stay here in australia for longer stay. about tourist visa i think if have all complete requirements i think no problem for that bec. we have all requirements to pass as a proof...i am still searching here and find out what visa suit me so i can go back to australia for longer stay and can work, my bf have a small business here as a retailer my question is it posible that he can use a sponsorship visa for me so i can stay here in australia for longer stay? what do you think ian of this opinion... thanks lelit

To tell you the truth, there is no reason why your BF cannot marry you, other than he DOES NOT want to.

He can get a divorce in 2/3 months very easily, no BS (bulls***) business partnership story with his EX has anything to do with it.

Lose him.

Edited by scianna54

Ian

To tell you the truth, there is no reason why your BF cannot marry you, other than he DOES NOT want to.

He can get a divorce in 2/3 months very easily, no BS (bulls***) business partnership story with his EX has anything to do with it.

Lose him.

wow ur are mean, dont judge the people that you really dont knw...me and my bf have plan each other but we dont have to rush to get married and it doesn't mean that he don want too we talked already about it. and why i have to lose the man that i love jim is a good guy he is not a player, he is true man and true to me i know he love me bec. he show it to me and i feel it that he love me we have a happy relationship and beside i am here now with him in australia spent time together bec. this is our first plan and this plan work together between us. thats why i am here in this forum bec. i am looking for some opinion here about visa after tourist visa and thanks to those who reply me good and give some opinion...bec. i just help only my bf to find out about visa bec. we both dont know what visa i have to apply so i can stay longer in australia...so please no mean reply here okey...cheer lelit