visa information to australia

hi i read some stories here in this forums and i like it bec. u can get some idea of some people ask question here so i try to join here i dont know why my first topic not post here maybe its not successfull... well i am filipina women originally from cebu now i am in australia as a tourist i visit my bf here he is an australian citizen, he seperated to his wife and now we are planing to apply another visa who suit me after when i go back to philippines so i can apply a visa to comeback here in australia for longer stay but we have no idea about visa i surfing in the internet thats vey hard to do cant get any idea. my question is what visa suit me after tourist visa were planning to apply a fiancee visa but i dont know if we can get it bec. he seperated is it possible that we can get a fiancee visa even he is seperated? or what visa suit me to apply so i can go back here in australia for longer stay? is any one here have idea please need reply....lelit

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lelit

• RBS

• Lee

• Wirraway

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello lelit and welcome to the forum. :rolleyes:

All new members posts first need to be approved by a moderator to prevent spam and that may be why it did not originally post for you but I am reading it now.

I do not know the answer to your question regarding Australia but in the US a person cannot get a fiancee visa if they are still married and I am 99.9% sure that he cannot marry you if he is still married in Australia, so I would very much doubt that he can get one there either.

As to what other visas are available, we will have to let someone from that country answer you.

Good luck

Lelit, a lot depends on your circumstances like age and educational qualifications. As your boy friend is not yet divorced from his wife, it would not be possible for you to get a "fianc

Lelit, a lot depends on your circumstances like age and educational qualifications. As your boy friend is not yet divorced from his wife, it would not be possible for you to get a "fianc
so even he seperated for many years and have seperation affidavit still impossible that we can apply for a fiancee visa to australia if we use his seperation affidavit as a proof, we are are planning to get married if things work bet. or what what visa are easy to apply so i can go back here in australia for longer stay? or is it possible that i can renew my tourist visa and wants to stay in autralia for more than 3 months? need reply.. thanks lelit

Lelit, separated still means married and a married person cannot get married again, so it would then follow that if he cannot get married, then he cannot get a fiancee visa for someone and unless separated means something different in Australia, which I doubt, he would be a bigamist if he tried to marry you without getting a divorce first. Fiancee means intent to marry within a reasonable time and in the US it is within 90 days, again I do not know what the time limit it is in that country.

Which brings up the next question, if he is separated for many years, why has he never gotten a divorce?

well i dont know either why he can't get a divorce but i dont dont rush him to get it i have to wait until he will tell me that he will get divorce, well if we can't get a fiancee visa bec. his situation what visa we need to apply so i can stay in australia for longer stay? what is a sponsorship visa and how long does it takes? is that possible that he can apply me a sponsorship visa? or what if i will still apply another tourist visa but not 3 months stay is there any possible that i can apply again a tourist visa for longer 3 months stay in australia until he can get his divorce and we can apply for a fiancee visa when we can fix this problem... need opinion thanks a lot...lelit

so even he seperated for many years and have seperation affidavit still impossible that we can apply for a fiancee visa to australia if we use his seperation affidavit as a proof, we are are planning to get married if things work bet. or what what visa are easy to apply so i can go back here in australia for longer stay? or is it possible that i can renew my tourist visa and wants to stay in autralia for more than 3 months? need reply.. thanks lelit

Lelit, separated still means married and a married person cannot get married again, so it would then follow that if he cannot get married, then he cannot get a fiancee visa for someone and unless separated means something different in Australia, which I doubt, he would be a bigamist if he tried to marry you without getting a divorce first. Fiancee means intent to marry within a reasonable time and in the US it is within 90 days, again I do not know what the time limit it is in that country.

Which brings up the next question, if he is separated for many years, why has he never gotten a divorce?

well i dont know either why he is not yet divorce if he is seperated for many years, bec.i just know him only when we meet in philippines he come to philippines to meet the girl that he chatted before me but the girl never show up him actually we never chat in the internet he see me only one of the dating site he wrote me and i reply his letter from me and give my number to him after few min. of that rreply he called me on the phone and ask me to meet him for breakfast we meet at mcdonald here lapu lapu i dont know what happen to me at first time i saw him its like he have a magic that my heart beat fast i fall inlove with him very quick that i dont want that i am not always beside him time to time min.to min.second to second i always miss him that its like i am dying if i cant see him or talk to him until we have relationship close each other show our love together until we have plan each other...

And when the time that he go back to his country here in australia that is the hard time together bec. we being far each other but even that we always communicate each other throught text and chat online but before that when he is with me in philippines he make me promise that i will apply a tourist visa while he is in australia and yes i dont waste time to apply even i am nervous to talk to the agent but i keep saying myself i can do it at first the travel agent discourage me that 50/50 i can get a tourist bec. i dont have job in phil. to return back so i told to the agent that i have a daughter to return back and she said its not enough proof bec.but dont lose hope with that so i ask her whats the requirements for a tourist visa after that i start getting my requirements and jim also pass his requirements to the travel agent, the travel agent who process my visa said it takes 2 weeks so i wait and wait but no visa yet so my bf email to the immigration and the immigration said that my visa is already there so i called to the travel agent and yes i got my tourist visa when i ask my ticket she said that its fully book and the available flight only august 5 so i talk to my bf again and my bf ask me to go to s.m mall bec. there is a good travel agent there so i went there in S.M and its lucky i got my ticket and arrived here in australia last june 30.

Now, another issue is i dont want to be far with my bf i can't survive without him in my side i love him so much...the problem is how can i get a visa so i can stay in australia for longer stay not for a tourist but longer 3 months stay here in australia so we can spend more more time together and do things together until the time that he will marry me....after my staying here in australia as a tourist my bf and I plan to get another visa for me single entry we talk about fiancee visa and as what i got advice here in this forum that impossible that we can get fiancee visa bec. he is not divorce yet he seperated so lets not mention about fiancee visa bec. thats impossible for me to get it bec. not qualified for a fiancee visa. Talk about sponsorship visa is that possible that we get that? he have a business here in australia as a retailer... or what if i will apply again another tourist visa but not 3 months stay but longer than 3 months is that possible that i can get that visa if i apply that in philippines... please need your opinion here so i will understand more how we can get a visa that suit me...thanks a lot here and hope i can get more idea ..thanks lelit

Lelit, I am sorry but I do not have any answers for you and I think if your man really wants you to be with him, then he should be the one researching what type of visas are available for you in his country. After all, it is his country and he should know more about it than you.

I also think he needs to move forward with his divorce ASAP if he has any intention of marrying you. Sorry, JMHO.

Any Aussies out there who can help this lady with answers?

Wirraway

My first post on these forums as well, if your guy wants a divorce he can get it easy here in Australia, having just gone through this with my now ex- filipina wife after 18 years of what I thought was a happy marriage who then took off with a mega rich boyfriend which I now have found out she was seeing for 7 months before, came to an aggreement to back date our seperation, and went together to the Federal Court to apply for divorce, cost A$405 in all and we both got our final decrees just 8 weeks later, as I have now turned 66 and on the senior pension, this has been a devastating time in my life, and am in the process of moving to the Philippines to live, as the Australian age pension is A$14,216 a year translates to P582,856 a year or P48,571 a month, by adding A$5000,00 to this out of my savings will give me P65,654 a month to live in the PI (still trying to work out if this is enough).

There is only the one law here in Australia regarding divorce and that is that the parties have been seperated for one year and a day, and either party can apply to the Federal Court, and it is an automatic process, and should be finalised by 7-12 weeks. Hope this info helps

Have been lurking on this site for the past couple of months and read daily and find it very informative, the people posting here are a good cross section of what living in Cebu City and near by is like, I would like to tell you all I appreciate the input you so freely give and look forward to meeting some of the expats there when I arrive.

I lived before in Manila for 5 years (1987-1992) so can well understand some of the problems there that occur.

Regard Ian

Nth Queensland

Wirraway, welcome to the forum :) and thank you for providing that information.......... I am sure that will help Lelit a lot, but may or may not make her bf happy. :lol::D

Your knowledge of the Philippines may also prove to be helpful to many forum readers, so stick around and keep posting and hope to meet you in Cebu one day. B)

Now as for the break up coming at a bad time in your life, IMHO there is never a good time in ones life for a break up but things happen and the fun life has to offer has only just begun for you, and just remember that life is what you make it, so hang in there and things are sure to get a lot better for you once you get to Cebu and are surrounded with all those lovely ladies wanting you to go out with them. Your x's loss is your gain. :)

And BTW, I think you can do just fine on the amount you have proposed to live on. There is one forum member from your country who has posted that he lives on a lot less and he lives in a hotel and others have also said that they live on a lot less, so you should be able to do it with money to spare as long as you do not want to live an extravagant lifestyle. :D

mikejwoodnz
as I have now turned 66 and on the senior pension, this has been a devastating time in my life, and am in the process of moving to the Philippines to live, as the Australian age pension is A$14,216 a year translates to P582,856 a year or P48,571 a month, by adding A$5000,00 to this out of my savings will give me P65,654 a month to live in the PI (still trying to work out if this is enough).

Regard Ian

Nth Queensland

Hi Ian, I found Cebu is a much easier place for an expat to live than Manila. Many Australians and NZ about to be retired people are finding that their approaching pension will put them below the poverty level in their own Country - move to the Philippines enjoy the good life and all the beer you can drink at a price that will make you happier than the beer - cheers Mike

... please need your opinion here so i will understand more how we can get a visa that suit me...thanks a lot here and hope i can get more idea ..thanks lelit

Lelit, it would appear that your are in your late 20's or early 30's and have no formal professional qualifications and experience. Assuming this to be correct-

1. Provided you do not have a 'No further stay' condition on your current visa, you can apply for a another 3-month visitors visa (like an extension of your current 3-month visa) while in Australia. You must do this 2 or more weeks before your current visa expires. The application can be made at the nearest Department of Immigration office. Provided you have not breached any of the conditions of your original 3-month visa, this new (extension) visa is normally granted. This coud give you a total of up to 6 months in Australia. It is very difficult to get a third 3-month (2nd extension) visitors visa in Australia.
  2. If you do have a 'No further stay' condition on your current visa, then the only option (while your boy friend is still legally married) is for you to return to the Philippines and apply for another 3-month tourist visa.

I hope that makes things clear for you.

If your boy friend truly wants to marry you, it is relatively easy and cheap for him to legally divorce his wife. As stated above it can take as little as 2 months to get a divorce in Australia and may only cost a few hundred dollars. Once your boy friend is legally divorced, it becomes possible for you to obtain a fianc

Wirraway, let me assure you the amount you can live very comfortably on the amount you mentioned. I live on a little more than half that and I stay in a nice hotel and eat out every night at nice restaurants etc.

Shame about the strife you have been through but I've no doubt, plenty of interesting adventures await you here.

My first post on these forums as well, if your guy wants a divorce he can get it easy here in Australia, having just gone through this with my now ex- filipina wife after 18 years of what I thought was a happy marriage who then took off with a mega rich boyfriend which I now have found out she was seeing for 7 months before, came to an aggreement to back date our seperation, and went together to the Federal Court to apply for divorce, cost A$405 in all and we both got our final decrees just 8 weeks later, as I have now turned 66 and on the senior pension, this has been a devastating time in my life, and am in the process of moving to the Philippines to live, as the Australian age pension is A$14,216 a year translates to P582,856 a year or P48,571 a month, by adding A$5000,00 to this out of my savings will give me P65,654 a month to live in the PI (still trying to work out if this is enough).

There is only the one law here in Australia regarding divorce and that is that the parties have been seperated for one year and a day, and either party can apply to the Federal Court, and it is an automatic process, and should be finalised by 7-12 weeks. Hope this info helps

Have been lurking on this site for the past couple of months and read daily and find it very informative, the people posting here are a good cross section of what living in Cebu City and near by is like, I would like to tell you all I appreciate the input you so freely give and look forward to meeting some of the expats there when I arrive.

I lived before in Manila for 5 years (1987-1992) so can well understand some of the problems there that occur.

Regard Ian

Nth Queensland

hello Ian, thanks for the reply yes it can help me a lot to understand about this but i think my bf can't get a divorce yet bec. of his business with his xwife bec. the reason is they are business partner and i think thats the problem why he can't get a divorce yet but no rush i will not rush him to get i will wait until he will finally get a divorce to his wife...i am now in australia here in cairn with him i stay now here almost 2 months and i like it here bec. of him i will going back to cebu this september 27 bec. i can't stay here for longer 3 months bec. i only tourist here so i have to return to cebu before my visa expire...and any way, i am sorry to hear about your x-filipina wife life must go on Ian cheer up about your moving to philippines goodluck for that i live in cebu since i am a baby i grow up there but mactan is the best choice if ur going to live in cebu bec. not really crowded and many nice beaches and nice people living in philippines is quiet cheap unlike in western country all the price are shocking heheh,,, its my first time here in australia and this is my first time also to fly in another country alone without comapny its very nervous but i made it only things to do is to have more confedent and bec. i love my bf and want to be with him all the time thats why i do my best to come here in australia even its my first time to travel bec. in all my life i never travel only this time bec. inlove and if u really inlove with the person u love so much u have to do all your best.. about the money you mention well thats big enough to live in philippines u can rent an apartment as much 10,000 pseso fully furnish apartment or if u want big house u can rent as much 30 plus thousand pesos and food is not expensive too and if u hire a house maid u can hire it for 2000 pesos a month so its not expensive but becarefull some people in philippines bec. not all filipino are good some they will think that a western people is an ATM lots of money especially when u ride a taxi some taxi driver ask for addtionall fare even its not really far the most reason they say that they can't get another passenger its a crazy things for some filipino taxi driver everywhere have people waiting for taxi. Sorry but thats the truth i am filipina but thats what i see some filipino are not honest ian so we have to be careful who we can deal of bec. even me i am filipino but it happen that to me too....so i learn for this lesson in my 25 years not much experience still innocent but doing my best to do good to alll...well good luck for your moving to philippines hope u can enjoy and have happy life.....

cheer lelit

... please need your opinion here so i will understand more how we can get a visa that suit me...thanks a lot here and hope i can get more idea ..thanks lelit

Lelit, it would appear that your are in your late 20's or early 30's and have no formal professional qualifications and experience. Assuming this to be correct-

1. Provided you do not have a 'No further stay' condition on your current visa, you can apply for a another 3-month visitors visa (like an extension of your current 3-month visa) while in Australia. You must do this 2 or more weeks before your current visa expires. The application can be made at the nearest Department of Immigration office. Provided you have not breached any of the conditions of your original 3-month visa, this new (extension) visa is normally granted. This coud give you a total of up to 6 months in Australia. It is very difficult to get a third 3-month (2nd extension) visitors visa in Australia.
  2. If you do have a 'No further stay' condition on your current visa, then the only option (while your boy friend is still legally married) is for you to return to the Philippines and apply for another 3-month tourist visa.

I hope that makes things clear for you.

If your boy friend truly wants to marry you, it is relatively easy and cheap for him to legally divorce his wife. As stated above it can take as little as 2 months to get a divorce in Australia and may only cost a few hundred dollars. Once your boy friend is legally divorced, it becomes possible for you to obtain a fianc