a question about my ac...

smokey

RogerDat

Greetings! Remove the thermostat cover on the wall, and carefully clean out spider webs and ant nest. Very common, also do the other stuff suggested.

cvgtpc1

Paid 600P to have ours cleaned thoroughly and it works like new.

smokey

Smokey , are saying that the unit is now working ?

it works but this blinking light would drive anyone crazy it never stops... the other unit will show the temp in the room this unit just keeps blinking over and over ... its saying hey look at me  rE rE rE rE over and over maybe the control pad is broke 

smokey

If it's almost never used, turn it off and it will continue to work almost as well as it has and cost less.   :good:

its a case of if you use it often it will break and if you dont use it .. it will break... reminds me of the old saying  dammed if you do dammed if you dont  i cant stand anything to be broke in my house or car .. my stuff is over maint.. 

Greetings! Remove the thermostat cover on the wall, and carefully clean out spider webs and ant nest. Very common, also do the other stuff suggested.

Roger Dat... it did have some spider webs.. 

oztony

it works but this blinking light would drive anyone crazy it never stops... the other unit will show the temp in the room this unit just keeps blinking over and over ... its saying hey look at me  rE rE rE rE over and over maybe the control pad is broke 

Smokey , if you isolate the electrical power to the unit , and 5-10 mins , turn back on , also if the controller has batteries , just take out and put back in , that will reset the unit from scratch , and should remove any previous fault , if there is no fault at the moment

some times there is just a filter reset button , the controller flashes if the unit has faulted with an airflow problem , usually dirty filter , even after you have cleaned and re-instated the filter , on some units you have to just hold the filter re-set button in for a couple of seconds and it will stop flashing

Edited by oztony
  • Like 1
smokey

Smokey , if you isolate the electrical power to the unit , and 5-10 mins , turn back on , also if the controller has batteries , just take out and put back in , that will reset the unit from scratch , and should remove any previous fault , if there is no fault at the moment

we turned it off at the condenser and waited and it still does the same some of the keys are sticking especially on the sleep mode 

• Like 1
RogerDat

Greetings! Put tape over the display, works for my car clock thats blinks and will not reset.

If U got a clamp on meter, check amp draw, also some Veco meters have built in amp display, if within range for unit, not much problem.

smokey

some times there is just a filter reset button , the controller flashes if the unit has faulted with an airflow problem , usually dirty filter , even after you have cleaned and re-instated the filter , on some units you have to just hold the filter re-set button in for a couple of seconds and it will stop flashing

I will try everything thanks for the tips I just don't like stuff broke...