Sign in to follow this  
Turbota

Depart the US with Philippines passport ... Enter US with US passport?

buckwild

IMO it just proves my point, once a Philippine citizen always a Philippine citizen. 

So one would be Birth

two would be yes

three would be yes

and no where does it say that you lose your citizenship if becoming a citizen of another country except on that consulate website I posted above. 

The Philippines has no way of knowing one of their citizens is a citizen of another country other than passport stamps. 

If the first part quoted in my post above is true then they are not lying. 

I feel the other parts are for those who lose their citizenship in other countries that require people to lose citizenship upon becoming a citizen of that country, whereas the US does not, so I feel the above quoted part of RA 9225 applies to anyone who does not turn in their passport and renounce their citizenship. 

When you become a naturalized citizen of the US you renounce all other allegiance to any other nation or kingdom and are deemed only US citizens! It is like they own us. OH yea we are called "HUMAN CAPITAL"

smokey

When you become a naturalized citizen of the us you renounce all other allegiance to any other nation or kingdom and are deemed only US citizens! It is like they own us. OH yea we are called "HUMAN CAPITAL"

I think all countries do the same thing unless your going to tell us something different

miles-high

Here's an excerpt from the US State Dept.:

"...dual nationals owe allegiance to both the United States and the foreign country. They are required to obey the laws of both countries. Either country has the right to enforce its laws, particularly if the person later travels there. Most U.S. nationals, including dual nationals, must use a U.S. passport to enter and leave the United States. Dual nationals may also be required by the foreign country to use its passport to enter and leave that country. Use of the foreign passport does not endanger U.S. nationality. Most countries permit a person to renounce or otherwise lose nationality." (Emphasis mine)

Although you do not go through the US Immigration when leaving, who knows what they have on you when TSA scans your passport (they also scan the QR code on your boarding pass but it contains minimal information)!

So enter your "US data" when making a reservation and just show your Filipino passport to the airline agent if necessary...

Edited by miles-high