Sign in to follow this  
AngelaJP

Sewing, Massage, Cosmetology School in Cebu

AngelaJP

Hi! I'd like to learn all these before I leave for NZ for a working visa on the basis of a partnership. Do any of you know of schools in Cebu who teach these?

Cheers! :rolleyes:

tom_shor

I know there are trade schools that teach these. I don't know which ones myself but I am sure someone here does.

I just read this because I thought it was all one course. I wanted to know how that worked out. :any-help:

Penguin

TESDA was a big office near the Waterfront, I'd check them out, they even have scholarships where you could have the training for free.

mikejwoodnz
Hi! I'd like to learn all these before I leave for NZ for a working visa on the basis of a partnership. Do any of you know of schools in Cebu who teach these?

Cheers! :any-help:

If your Visa to NZ is a "Partnership" you do not need a work visa. However when you get to NZ you can then apply for a Work Visa - this is usually the Visa they use to extend your Visitors Visa (via partnership) for a further 2 years - then you apply for your Residency Visa - again working is not required but you must have a sponsor like your b/f - you do not need any qualifications or even a job offer to get a Work Visa once you are in in NZ - but if you try to get it before you get to NZ - that is a Working Visa to visit NZ - you will find that very difficult. So just concentrate on getting your sponsored Partnership Visa - NZ no longer has a Fianc

AngelofBroden

Cheers! :biggrin_01:

TESDA is a government accreditation/certification agency, but yes they should have a list of schools that offer the courses you mentioned. You can also try Abellana National High School, and there is one by the government behind Gaisano Main (I forget offhand what that government office there is). But both offer sewing and cosmetology courses, also cooking and cake decorating. I am not sure about massage though.

Bet_Busta

Cheers! :huh:

I am not sure about massage though.

For massage, just apprentice with any of the Thai massage parlors.

If you need somebody to practice on, I'll volunteer!!! :biggrin_01: