Sign in to follow this  
batman2525

Oslob Whale Shark watching.

Mikala

That being said, if I wind up with a bunch of free time on my hands, I am going to try to write a book once again...

If you don't want to type so much, try the speech-to-text software. It's gotten a lot better!

shadow

If you don't want to type so much, try the speech-to-text software. It's gotten a lot better!

Ahhh, and you wait until I have no voice to tell me this!

;)

Any particular program that you prefer?

Bill H

I have used Dragon, its ok, have not looked at others in a couple of years, so don't know how they rate now.  Amazon would be the first place I'd go to look though.  I like their reviews, I find them helpful.

• Like 2

Mikala

I've been using Dragon, but I noticed that Windows 8 has a built in voice-to-text feature that I haven't used yet. I'd be trying the free feature before giving  Dragon any money.

Note: Dragon on the iPhone is free though! Just that it cuts off after so many words/letters and wants you to text it somewhere.

• Like 1

TheMatrix

I have used Dragon, its ok, have not looked at others in a couple of years, so don't know how they rate now.  Amazon would be the first place I'd go to look though.  I like their reviews, I find them helpful.

One of the most important skills you can teach your children is the art of written (and verbal) communications which is persuasive.  Unfortunately, my parents didn't understand the importance of this, so I had to teach myself much later in life.  With this skill, they can talk themselves into or out of anything they will want in life.  It's definitely been an emphasis in raising my kids.

With voice to text, I am getting so use to pronouncing my punctation, that I find myself doing it when I leave people voice messages.  LOL

• Like 1

shadow

One of the most important skills you can teach your children is the art of written (and verbal) communications which is persuasive.  Unfortunately, my parents didn't understand the importance of this, so I had to teach myself much later in life.  With this skill, they can talk themselves into or out of anything they will want in life.  It's definitely been an emphasis in raising my kids.

With voice to text, I am getting so use to pronouncing my punctation, that I find myself doing it when I leave people voice messages.  LOL

Thanks guys, we better get this topic back from Dragons to sharks, before Paul chokes a chicken!

;)

Edited by shadow
  • Like 1

TheMatrix

It's funny how things evolve.  

Now... how's those sharks doing?

Paul

Thanks guys, we better get this topic back from Dragons to sharks, before Paul chokes a chicken!

There must be a personal attack in there, somewhere. I just have to find it. 

It's funny how things evolve.  

On this forum? I think the word is devolve. :D

• Like 2

batman2525

OK,to get the thread back on topic please listen up.

I will be setting off early Tuesday for Oslop....I will spend the day sight seeing and surveying the operation on or near to the beach,I will be observing whats going on ready for Wednesday morning.I will be going with 3 others.

I will negotiate the price for us to that what the Filipinos pay.....otherwise I wont participate....nor will my companions.

If somehow I can get proof of my success I will post it here.

Im confident I can get all 4 of us out with the Whale Sharks for the real price....and not the inflated foreigner price.

TheMatrix

I'm confident I will yell and scream until I can get all 4 of us out with the Whale Sharks for the real "locals" price....and not the inflated regular foreigner price.

Fixed

• Like 3

batman2525

Fixed

Your the one who Welched.

A_Simple_Man
If somehow I can get proof of my success I will post it here.

Video, or it ain't so.

Edit:  I am behind on your attempt to do this.  To me its just good negotiation.  If, as was said in another post, the price is fixed by a government official and the operator takes you on for cash, no receipt then I have no sympathy if he gets his arse fired.  If it is a private party fixing the price then negotiation is fair trade.

Edited by A_Simple_Man
  • Like 1

batman2525

To me its just good negotiation

Leave it to the Jew boy....I didnt sell most of the hotels/motels in Orlando without some major negotiations....those guys down in Oslob will be a walk in the park.

miles-high

♪♪ I did it my way… ♪♪ and it was free… haha :D

DPP_0003.JPG

DPP_0004.JPG

DPP_0005.JPG

DPP_0006.JPG

DPP_0007.JPG

DPP_0008.JPG

DPP_0009.JPG

• Like 2

austwin

Leave it to the Jew boy....I didnt sell most of the hotels/motels in Orlando without some major negotiations....those guys down in Oslob will be a walk in the park.

A walk in the park is probably what you will end up with!!....... when what you really need is a dip in the drink.

But you never know it still might be a nice view from the park .....I could could hire you a really good set of binoculars I only charge 100 php per day to holders of a Philippines passport and 500php to all other passport holder except Poms. Poms are 1000 php per day and you need to leave the Bat-mobile as a surety. :yahoo: 

Edited by austwin
  • Like 4