Sign in to follow this  
batman2525

Oslob Whale Shark watching.

batman2525

was wrong. The wife was 500p (locals rate), and foreigners was 1000p. I know this is probably a deal killer for a couple of you, .

Wont be a deal killer for me......because you said you are going to make the call and get me in at the Filipino rate....right?

I will be there Jan 8th at 7am.

Davaoeno

:workout:   We ain't talkin' walkin' sport, we're talkin' Taxi's.  Sheesh, quit changing the subject on me or I'll get confused.   :rose:

Anyway, I'm right your wrong, so there! :yahoo:

Damn Bill-  i back off fighting with you so that you can enjoy your retirement in peace and now I see you have found someone else to fight with !!!  :ROFLMAO:  :ROFLMAO:  :ROFLMAO:

• Like 1

TheMatrix

Wont be a deal killer for me......because you said you are going to make the call and get me in at the Filipino rate....right?

I will be there Jan 8th at 7am.

Sorry, I thought it was a 75 peso difference.  I can't afford more.   :bobward:

• Like 1

batman2525

Sorry, I thought it was a 75 peso difference.

So,would you agree that youve been wrong on most of what you said...?

Bill H

enjoy your retirement

:snap:    Wrong again midget, I will never retire.  Well maybe when I reach 101, but certainly not before then, I enjoy my work too much.

TheMatrix

So,would you agree that youve been wrong on most of what you said...?

Absolutely not!  I would bet your life that I have been right about everything, including the 1500p we paid for admission.  I only thought my 2-year son was being charged.  

I always say to give, and give freely... as it'll come back 10 fold.  The cheap don't give, and they stay poor... ever wonder why?

• Like 1

jigsy

Can't believe I read through that thread.

Seems to me that Matrix can't get the local deal, he was only going to send Php 75 round to Batman's place in a taxi. Now it's Php 500 difference, the deal is off.

Can't want for the next installment.

• Like 4

batman2525

Absolutely not! I would bet your life that I have been right about everything, including the 1500p we paid for admission. I only thought my 2-year son was being charged. I always say to give, and give freely... as it'll come back 10 fold

Who you trying to kid.

TheMatrix

Who you trying to kid.

My kid.  I want to raise him with good manners.

batman2525

Seems to me that Matrix can't get the local deal, he was only going to send Php 75 round to Batman's place in a taxi. Now it's Php 500 difference, the deal is off. Can't want for the next installment.

No next installment......You just summed him up.When its time to pay up....the deal is off.

• Like 1

Salty Dog

Damn Steve. Can't you see the other Steve is The British Jew.

Principals! Hell, it's the money... :biggrin_01:

• Like 5

batman2525

Posted Today, 12:33 PM jigsy, on 30 Dec 2014 - 8:26 PM, said: Seems to me that Matrix can't get the local deal, he was only going to send Php 75 round to Batman's place in a taxi. Now it's Php 500 difference, the deal is off. Can't want for the next installment.

No next installment......You just summed him up.When its time to pay up....the deal is off.

Joel

I spent the effort to look up fees for US State Parks, here is copy/pastes of some of what I found;

Here is the price list for using State parks in Wyoming. Notice residents pay less than non residents.

Resident and Non-Resident Park Fees

Resident

Daily Use Fee (parks) $4.00

Daily Use Fee (historic sites) $2.00 per adult (kids under 18 free)

Overnight Camping Permit (single night, includes daily use fee) $10.00

Annual Daily Use Permit $33.00 ~ 2nd Vehicle Annual Permit $7.00 each

Annual Overnight Camping Permit $40.00 ~ 2nd Vehicle Annual Permit $7.00 each

Camping Cabins & Yurts $40.00+$50.00 deposit+$4.00 daily use fee + $6.00 camping fee

Non-resident

Daily Use Fee (parks) $6.00

Daily Use Fee (historic site) $4.00 per adult (kids under 18 free)

Overnight Camping (single night, includes daily use fee) $17.00

Annual Daily Use Permit $53.00 ~ 2nd Vehicle Annual Permit $7.00 each

Camping Cabins & Yurts $40.00+$50.00 deposit+$6.00 daily use fee + $11.00 camping fee

Here is Montana;

Peak Season

Resident Peak Season Nonresident   General Senior/

Disabled General w/Park Pass Daily Entrance Fee /vehicle $0* $0* $6 $0 Daily Entrance Fee /walk-in, bicycle, bus passenger $0 $0 $4 $0           Off-Season Entrance Fees

(Third Monday in September—third Thursday in May)

Off-Season

Resident Off-Season Nonresident   General Senior/

Disabled General w/Park Pass Daily Entrance Fee /vehicle $0* $0* $6 $0 Daily Entrance Fee /walk-in, bicycle, bus passenger $0 $0 $4

$0

(residents $0, non residents $4 and $6)

Here is New Mexico;

One of the sweetest deals I’ve run into in my three years of fulltiming is the New Mexico State Parks annual camping pass.  Annual camping pass? Yep, all the camping you want for a flat fee.

It’s the only one in the nation that I know about – other states have annual day passes, but nobody will let you move in and hang out like the New Mexico system will.  For out of staters it’s $225, residents pay $180, and resident seniors pay $100.

Idaho;

Current Idaho RV Registration Holders

Reservation fees are waived for Idaho residents who have current, valid Idaho RV registration stickers. Reservation fees for these customers are paid for by a grant from the Idaho RV Program. Proof of registration is required at time of arrival.

Need I go on? Get a grip. It is certainly NOT a Philippine only thing.

Hunting licenses and fishing licenses are the same. Out of state residents usually pays twice as much , at least in Colorado.
  • Like 1

Buko Beach

I wont pay it,and its nothing to do with the money.......I cant see myself paving to pay more because I am a foreigner.

2 years ago on Olongo Island I was asked to pay more to go into the bird sanctuary.....when I asked the guy on the gate why I had to pay more he said.....because you can afford it.....I didnt pay and ended up going in for the filipino price.

I will go to Oslob and see what happens.....but I will not be paying foreigner price....if I dont see em,tough,no big deal.

So you're gonna pay to take a bus down south, may be book a hotel fan room for a night (sans lamook net and small ref I'm sure) just to stand on the beach and watch from shore as others swim with the whale sharks? Really? You would rather spend money on a trip and walk away not willing to spend the extra 500p to have an amazing experience?

So what's going to happen if the locals insist you pay the higher 1000p rate? Will you cause a scene? Pound your feet and raise your voice to try and get what you want?

I can understand standing your ground and refusing to get ripped off, but I get the feeling this has everything to do with cash as opposed to paying more because you're a tourist. From all accounts every other non-bisaya local is charged the higher rate, even Asians from other SEA Countries and Filipino OFW's are charged the higher rate.

Please be so kind as to update us what happened when you visited. Don't forget the pics!

• Like 7

Runian

wel ... There are whale sharks here and plenty of loges to sleep in, there is water in the falls both Tumalog and Kawasan falls in Badian, and if u like nature u will enjoy it. U can poison your trip with this "outsiders pay more" thing or u can say it is what it is and have a good time. 

As they say : it's up 2 you.

Happy new year all 

Edited by Runian
  • Like 5