Sign in to follow this  
batman2525

Oslob Whale Shark watching.

Jawny

Please do.....Im going to be there Monday the 8th of Jan (at 7am) as you suggested in an earlier post,I did saythat this was nothing to do with money....but I will take you up on your offer.Thank you.

How will I know that you have made all the arrangents?

May want to check the dates again. Perhaps The Matrix will send the taxi on the wrong date.

Hope you do decide to go and enjoy the experience.

• Like 2

Monsoon

I wont pay it,and its nothing to do with the money.......I cant see myself paving to pay more because I am a foreigner.

This is something you will find at all sorts of museums and parks all over the world. 

Even the USA has different prices for admission to state parks for residents and non-residents.

• Like 1

hyaku

post-3779-0-81297000-1419941412_thumb.jpg

Scottiev

All this discussion and I have one question.....

What IS the cost to go snorkel with the sharks?

TheMatrix

All this discussion and I have one question.....

What IS the cost to go snorkel with the sharks?

Updated:

1000 pesos (foreigner)

500 pesos (pinoy)

Edited by TheMatrix
  • Like 1

batman2525

Need I go on?

No one asked you,you did it of your own accord.....you must have a lot of time to waste.

austwin

No one asked you,you did it of your own accord.....you must have a lot of time to waste.

His time wasn't wasted on me I found it quite interesting to know it...

Thanks for all the valuable Info' I'll arrive Cebu next week for one of my regular one month stays.

I've been meaning to head south and do the 'swim with whales thing' and I will make a point of doing it this trip.

The cost to do it and the distinction of a local price and a non local price doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I've said it many times in posts "It's their and country their rules" I'm the guest, if I don't like it I should go to where the rules suit me.

• Like 4

TheMatrix

UPDATE:

I just asked my wife about the prices we paid for the whale shark swimming, and I thought we paid 500p per person since we had our kid with us.

I was wrong.  The kid was free.  The wife was 500p (locals rate), and foreigners was 1000p.

I know this is probably a deal killer for a couple of you, but still its a bargain for what you're getting.

Plus, its going to good causes.  The infrastructure, the new buildings, staging area, clean public CR's, and the area is no longer depressed but common people fixing up their homes and buying new motorcycles.  I say, on top of your 1000p, be sure to kick down to the local people.  They're doing a hella job down there.

Edited by TheMatrix
  • Like 3

A_Simple_Man

I know this is probably a deal killer for a couple of you, but still its a bargain for what you're getting.
For foreigners living on a foreign income and staying in Philippines its a much better deal than Sea World in California (for example).  For expats living on a fixed income that is compatible with a middle class filipino, then that is a lot of money.  Its a 'tourist' destination so this is normal. 

Bill H

How is it a fair price that we only pay 8 pesos for jeepney ride?  Or, 100 pesos for taxi ride across town?  Or, 30 pesos for a haircut?

LOL Liar!  The only way you can ride across Cebu in a taxi for 100p is if you do it at 3am, then maybe, but still pretty doubtful.  Shucks, you'll spend that sitting in traffic to cross three intersections at rush hour!   :yahoo:

I always give the Jeepney driver 10p because I hate those small one peso coins and I usually sit in the front passengers seat.  

I pay more for my haircuts because I opnly get them once every six months and I go to an upscale salon, but that's me.   :cool:

• Like 1

TheMatrix

LOL Liar!  The only way you can ride across Cebu in a taxi for 100p is if you do it at 3am, then maybe, but still pretty doubtful.  Shucks, you'll spend that sitting in traffic to cross three intersections at rush hour!   :yahoo:

LOL.  I was talking West to East, not up to down.

Bill H

I spent the effort to look up fees for US State Parks, here is copy/pastes of some of what I found;

Here is the price list for using State parks in Wyoming. Notice residents pay less than non residents.

Resident and Non-Resident Park Fees

Resident

Daily Use Fee (parks) $4.00

Daily Use Fee (historic sites) $2.00 per adult (kids under 18 free)

Overnight Camping Permit (single night, includes daily use fee) $10.00

Annual Daily Use Permit $33.00 ~ 2nd Vehicle Annual Permit $7.00 each

Annual Overnight Camping Permit $40.00 ~ 2nd Vehicle Annual Permit $7.00 each

Camping Cabins & Yurts $40.00+$50.00 deposit+$4.00 daily use fee + $6.00 camping fee

Non-resident

Daily Use Fee (parks) $6.00

Daily Use Fee (historic site) $4.00 per adult (kids under 18 free)

Overnight Camping (single night, includes daily use fee) $17.00

Annual Daily Use Permit $53.00 ~ 2nd Vehicle Annual Permit $7.00 each

Camping Cabins & Yurts $40.00+$50.00 deposit+$6.00 daily use fee + $11.00 camping fee

Here is Montana;

Peak Season

Resident Peak Season Nonresident   General Senior/

Disabled General w/Park Pass Daily Entrance Fee /vehicle $0* $0* $6 $0 Daily Entrance Fee /walk-in, bicycle, bus passenger $0 $0 $4 $0           Off-Season Entrance Fees

(Third Monday in September—third Thursday in May)

Off-Season

Resident Off-Season Nonresident   General Senior/

Disabled General w/Park Pass Daily Entrance Fee /vehicle $0* $0* $6 $0 Daily Entrance Fee /walk-in, bicycle, bus passenger $0 $0 $4

$0

(residents $0, non residents $4 and $6)

Here is New Mexico;

One of the sweetest deals I’ve run into in my three years of fulltiming is the New Mexico State Parks annual camping pass.  Annual camping pass? Yep, all the camping you want for a flat fee.

It’s the only one in the nation that I know about – other states have annual day passes, but nobody will let you move in and hang out like the New Mexico system will.  For out of staters it’s $225, residents pay $180, and resident seniors pay $100.

Idaho;

Current Idaho RV Registration Holders

Reservation fees are waived for Idaho residents who have current, valid Idaho RV registration stickers. Reservation fees for these customers are paid for by a grant from the Idaho RV Program. Proof of registration is required at time of arrival.

Need I go on? Get a grip. It is certainly NOT a Philippine only thing.

Not really, you can get a lifetime pass if you are disabled for about $30 (give or take) that is good for the length of your life, no matter how short that might be.  Did I mention this program is for Federal Parks and gives you free admission?  Yup it does.

Edited by Bill H

Bill H

LOL.  I was talking West to East, not up to down.

:snap:   Naaaah you're still lying, you can't go West to East or East to West for 100p!  Just look at the distance involved!   :yahoo:

• Like 1

TheMatrix

:snap:   Naaaah you're still lying, you can't go West to East or East to West for 100p!  Just look at the distance involved!   :yahoo:

Sheeeeeettt... I can walk it in less than 100p.

Bill H

Sheeeeeettt... I can walk it in less than 100p.

:workout:   We ain't talkin' walkin' sport, we're talkin' Taxi's.  Sheesh, quit changing the subject on me or I'll get confused.   :rose:

Anyway, I'm right your wrong, so there! :yahoo:

• Like 1