Sign in to follow this  
batman2525

Oslob Whale Shark watching.

TheMatrix

When Filipinos go to other countries such as the U.S or UK they dont pay higher prices for things that citizens of those countries pay for...they pay the same price

And, just because it works one way in your home country, then logic says it should work the same way in the Philippines???

I've been here years, and have yet to make that connection.

Nothing other, I think the Philippines have the rights of a sovernign nation to make up their own rules and regs.  No one is forcing either person to visit UK or PH... when one does visit, new culture must be absorbed without prejudice.

• Like 6

batman2525

OK,So if I go buy a condo in Oslob and then show them a real estate tax bill I will get the local discount will I..?

I will answer the question for you Paddy.....No,I will not receive any discount.....because they determine the eligibility for discount on race.Nothing to do with being a local resident.

• Like 2

TheMatrix

OK,So if I go buy a condo in Oslob and then show them a real estate tax bill I will get the local discount will I..?

I will answer the question for you Paddy.....No,I will not receive any discount.....because they determine the eligibility for discount on race.Nothing to do with being a local resident.

I don't like people playing the race card either, but I choose to be here.

Again, if you have the little money they have, then I can make a phone call for you to get in at the Pinoy price.

• Like 3

Dublin boy

A few pounds to see one of the oceans giants a small price to pay to experience this amazing creature. Principle or not it's still worth it. This will be a chance in a lifetime to see this it's a great experience

• Like 6

tommax

I don't know how much the "foreigner tax" bothers but the experience itself is well worth of money. Should go there really early in the morning or it will be too late. We rented a car to go there because wanted to come back to Cebu City same day. Whale sharks did come so close that could touch them (they instructed anyhow that should not touch them). Using scuba diving gear not so good idea because they mostly swim in the surface so better just to use snorkel. I have done some scuba diving in the Philippines and because of close encounter of whale sharks Oslob is the best or at least one of the best experiences I have had eventhough it's just for snorkeling.

batman2525

I can make a phone call for you to get in at the Pinoy price

Please do.....Im going to be there Monday the 8th of Jan (at 7am) as you suggested in an earlier post,I did saythat this was nothing to do with money....but I will take you up on your offer.Thank you.

How will I know that you have made all the arrangents?

TheMatrix

Please do.....Im going to be there Monday the 8th of Jan (at 7am) as you suggested in an earlier post,I did saythat this was nothing to do with money....but I will take you up on your offer.Thank you.

How will I know that you have made all the arrangents?

Just give me your address, and I'll have a taxi bring you 75 pesos.  I don't want you to miss out on such a beautiful creature.  This is a priceless opportunity as the days of swimming with whale sharks in the wild are severely limited.

• Like 2

batman2525

Just give me your address, and I'll have a taxi bring you 75 pesos. I don't want you to miss out on such a beautiful creature. This is a priceless opportunity as the days of swimming with whale sharks in the wild are severely limited.

Hmmm,thats isnt what you said....you said you would make a call and get me in at the Pinoy price(which I dont mind paying)i did say it doesnt have anything to do with money.

TheMatrix

For those that requested the contact information of the tour guide I recommended, here it is.  Her husband is a Canadian and they have a beautiful home overlooking the cliff near the whale sharks.  Here's a pic with the wife and I sitting on their patio below.

09224724244 and her name is Pearl.

10860909_10204845084867554_1445888279832

1974029_10204845084227538_39444034503140

10873645_10204845084187537_4659721313462

Pinoy price(which I dont mind paying)i did say it doesnt have anything to do with money.

I think getting the pinoy price has everything to do with money.

Hmmm,thats isnt what you said....you said you would make a call and get me in at the Pinoy price(which I dont mind paying)i did say it doesnt have anything to do with money.

Okay, if you want to give me your full name, I'll make the phone call and make sure you get the pinoy price.  

• Like 4

Scottiev

Just tell them Batman is on the way and he aint letting those Jokers get away with over chargin !! :angelicsword:   Oh and Robin might be taggin along also...

• Like 1

TheMatrix

Just tell them Batman is on the way and he aint letting those Jokers get away with over chargin !! :angelicsword:   Oh and Robin might be taggin along also...

But, Robin will have to pay the full price since yours will be discounted... regardless of race.  LOL

• Like 3

batman2525

Okay, if you want to give me your full name
teve

You didnt ask me for my name......anyway....I will give it to you now.Its Steve,Alias The Batman.....theyll know.

batman2525

I may be wearing my Bat Cape......depends on if its raining or not.

shadow

I spent the effort to look up fees for US State Parks, here is copy/pastes of some of what I found;

Here is the price list for using State parks in Wyoming. Notice residents pay less than non residents.

Resident and Non-Resident Park Fees

Resident
Daily Use Fee (parks) $4.00
Daily Use Fee (historic sites) $2.00 per adult (kids under 18 free)
Overnight Camping Permit (single night, includes daily use fee) $10.00
Annual Daily Use Permit $33.00 ~ 2nd Vehicle Annual Permit $7.00 each
Annual Overnight Camping Permit $40.00 ~ 2nd Vehicle Annual Permit $7.00 each
Camping Cabins & Yurts $40.00+$50.00 deposit+$4.00 daily use fee + $6.00 camping fee

Non-resident
Daily Use Fee (parks) $6.00
Daily Use Fee (historic site) $4.00 per adult (kids under 18 free)
Overnight Camping (single night, includes daily use fee) $17.00
Annual Daily Use Permit $53.00 ~ 2nd Vehicle Annual Permit $7.00 each
Camping Cabins & Yurts $40.00+$50.00 deposit+$6.00 daily use fee + $11.00 camping fee

Here is Montana;

Peak Season
Resident Peak Season Nonresident   General Senior/
Disabled General w/Park Pass Daily Entrance Fee /vehicle $0* $0* $6 $0 Daily Entrance Fee /walk-in, bicycle, bus passenger $0 $0 $4 $0           Off-Season Entrance Fees

(Third Monday in September—third Thursday in May)

Off-Season
Resident Off-Season Nonresident   General Senior/
Disabled General w/Park Pass Daily Entrance Fee /vehicle $0* $0* $6 $0 Daily Entrance Fee /walk-in, bicycle, bus passenger $0 $0 $4

$0

(residents $0, non residents $4 and $6)

Here is New Mexico;

One of the sweetest deals I’ve run into in my three years of fulltiming is the New Mexico State Parks annual camping pass.  Annual camping pass? Yep, all the camping you want for a flat fee.

It’s the only one in the nation that I know about – other states have annual day passes, but nobody will let you move in and hang out like the New Mexico system will.  For out of staters it’s $225, residents pay $180, and resident seniors pay $100.

Idaho;

Current Idaho RV Registration Holders

Reservation fees are waived for Idaho residents who have current, valid Idaho RV registration stickers. Reservation fees for these customers are paid for by a grant from the Idaho RV Program. Proof of registration is required at time of arrival.

Need I go on? Get a grip. It is certainly NOT a Philippine only thing.

Edited by shadow
  • Like 6

Jawny

Yes, Shadow. But weren't we told it wasn't the cost, it was the principal?

My favorite post in all of this was when one member asked why he had to pay more and the answer was because you have the money. Truth in advertising.

• Like 3