Sign in to follow this  
batman2525

Oslob Whale Shark watching.

shadow

I wont pay it,and its nothing to do with the money.......I cant see myself paving to pay more because I am a foreigner.

2 years ago on Olongo Island I was asked to pay more to go into the bird sanctuary.....when I asked the guy on the gate why I had to pay more he said.....because you can afford it.....I didnt pay and ended up going in for the filipino price.

I will go to Oslob and see what happens.....but I will not be paying foreigner price....if I dont see em,tough,no big deal.

Well, have a nice (long) trip, then.

• Like 2

TheMatrix

we just want to pay a fair price

How is it a fair price that we only pay 8 pesos for jeepney ride?  Or, 100 pesos for taxi ride across town?  Or, 30 pesos for a haircut?

There is nothing fair about these prices... we are practically getting these services for free, or chump change by any standard.

Do you $10 is not fair to swim with the whale sharks?  How much do you think it'll cost in Florida?  How about $80 - $140.  

• Like 2

TheMatrix

When Filipinos go to other countries such as the U.S or UK they dont pay higher prices for things that citizens of those countries pay for...they pay the same price.

They pay the highest price just like us because they can... period.

You can't apply the same logic here, because the poor can't pay $60 for a taxi ride or $100 to swim with dolphins, 

There are also several instances where foreigners pay more... listed above.  

batman2525

How is it a fair price that we only pay 8 pesos for jeepney ride? Or, 100 pesos for taxi ride across town? Or, 30 pesos for a haircut?

How is it a fair price you say......a fair price is the same price that everyone else pays.Im not talking about how cheap things are in the Philippines.

• Like 4

TheMatrix

Some people will choose to have a miserable day just so that they feel like they didn't get taken advantage by paying the foreigner price.   I say life is short, pay a few extra pesos, and if the price isn't higher for foreigners, throw extra pesos at them anyway.  It makes me feel good, makes them happy, and it seems to always come back to me anyway.     

• Like 1

batman2525

You can't apply the same logic here, because the poor can't pay $60 for a taxi ride or $100 to swim with dolphins, 

But its all relevant.

A_Simple_Man

a fair price is the same price that everyone else pays

A fair price in a free market society is whatever the market will bear, subject to any government regulations on price gouging.  I tell you this, if I offered a service that I could charge more for to foreigners then that would be my price.  If people pay it then its fair.  If they complain about it but still pay it then I know I am approaching the limit of what I can charge.  If the locals want a discount and I would give that too but you can bet the foreigners would get first choice as its all about the money.

Of course when someone else is making a profit off me I might whine a little bit too.  Then I choose whether to pay it or boycott it.  If you can complain and get a lower price (like you mentioned in another post) then thats just good bargaining.  Good luck with it.

• Like 1

TheMatrix

How is it a fair price you say......a fair price is the same price that everyone else pays.Im not talking about how cheap things are in the Philippines.

With that logic, it is unfair that you have more money in your pocket than everyone else.  If you want to level the playing field, be fair about it.

Humboldt

I live close to Oslob . lot's of politics involved in that three ring circus there ...

We had some family member's staying with us young college girls , Filipino parent's  their first trip to the Philippines   ,

I was thinking surely  they could get in balikbayan, I was surprise to find out they were also charged as foreigners .. cuz they didn't

speak bisayan

• Like 3

TheMatrix

A fair price in a free market society is whatever the market will bear, subject to any government regulations on price gouging.  I tell you this, if I offered a service that I could charge more for to foreigners then that would be my price.  If people pay it then its fair.  If they complain about it but still pay it then I know I am approaching the limit of what I can charge.  If the locals want a discount and I would give that too but you can bet the foreigners would get first choice as its all about the money.

Of course when someone else is making a profit off me I might whine a little bit too.  Then I choose whether to pay it or boycott it.  If you can complain and get a lower price (like you mentioned in another post) then thats just good bargaining.  Good luck with it.

In one of my businesses, I sell software which I wrote a few years ago targeted to the commodities trading industry.  My prices are high, and in the top 10% of my competitors, but when I receive a request from a potential customer asking for a discount, I automatically give a 50% discount just for asking.  I basically give whatever they are asking... even if they are asking to pay $20 for a $200 product.  I still give it to them, because that is $20 I would not have otherwise.  The software costs me nothing, except a few mouse clicks to electronically deliver.  

I figure the more "good will", the better.  I could probably write off the difference as business losses, but I don't bother with it.  

Life is too good.

• Like 2

batman2525

If you can complain and get a lower price (like you mentioned in another post) then thats just good bargaining. Good luck with it.

We will see.

TheMatrix

I live close to Oslob . lot's of politics involved in that three ring circus there ...

We had some family member's staying with us young college girls , Filipino parent's  their first trip to the Philippines   ,

I was thinking surely  they could get in balikbayan, I was surprise to find out they were also charged as foreigners .. cuz they didn't

speak bisayan

Funny you would say that, because I noticed lots of foreigners that were probably from Malaysia or other SE Asian countries.  They look Pinoy.  I asked my guide do they pay the locals price, and was told the same that you're saying.  You pay local prices if you simply speak the language.

Dublin boy

When Filipinos go to other countries such as the U.S or UK they dont pay higher prices for things that citizens of those countries pay for...they pay the same price.

Foreigners coming to the Philippines dont demand that they should have the same privilidges as Filipinos...how could they,they arnt citizens....we just want to pay a fair price...the same price as the filipino.

I know for a fact in the UK on some attractions if your a local resident you get a discount. I think the wording is wrong in the Philippines if they said local resident discount you would not be upset.

• Like 1

batman2525

I know for a fact in the UK on some attractions if your a local resident you get a discount

Elaborate please.

Dublin boy

Gunwarf tower Portsmouth if you show a council tax bill to prove your a local.