Sign in to follow this  
batman2525

Oslob Whale Shark watching.

TheMatrix

No one is short changing anyone.....we wont be paying less than the locals pay....we will be paying the same,is there something you dont understand about this.I dont believe the entrance to this place is similar to that of Disney in Orlando.....which im sure you know is the worlds most popular vacation destination.

We are not intending to short change anyone...so you you should cease those accusations,we intend to pay what the F ilipino pays and not a penny more or less.

Based on your previous posts you are the one that has short changed me.

UPDATE....There is a total of 6 of us going now.

I beg to differ.  If you owe 1000p, and you only give them 500p, then you are shortchanging.  

You clearly owe 1000p.  That is not up to debate.  You are not a local, therefore not entitled to the discounted price.  

In my book, it is borderline criminal to expect and force someone to bend the rules for you.  If that person gives you a discount, then he should be fired and possibly jailed.  It's a shame that you may try to intimidate one of them which can jeopardize his livelihood and possibly his families well-being... all for your ego and pride.

Pity.

• Like 1

batman2525
I suspect batsman will be successful in the effort to avoid the foreigner tariff. Good for him if he does so. Aside from the gratification that he was able to avoid the unfairness of the ticket prices.

Welcome aboard Sir.

batman2525

You are not a local, therefore not entitled to the discounted price.  

Define a local.

oztony

Welcome aboard Sir.

So you've got your own boat , that's why you want a discount

TheMatrix

You are not a local, therefore not entitled to the discounted price.  

Define a local.

A local is a native born, someone that has rights to their lands and probably should not be paying any admission to attractions.  It's unfortunate they have to charge them 500p, but its probably to help cover some of the costs... whereas the tourist should defray all the costs, plus be enough for continued growth of infrastructure.  I know if you come to my country and demand the locals prices, we be fighting.  Not going to let some tourist demand that he got the same rights in my country as I do.  Sheeeeeettt.

• Like 1

TheMatrix

There are times when I think you are just having a bit of fun with the Batman.  And then there are times when I wonder if your ego and pride will be hurt if he gets a discount while you had to pay full price.  Still an interesting discussion on a dull day though.

Not only did I happily pay the full price, but I tipped everyone graciously throughout the entire day that earned it.

• Like 1