DOING BUSINESS IN THE PI - WATCH OUT

well then maybe you should hire all of us we need easy high paying jobs with great high dollar food also ... guess you as the boss must of paid yourself times 10 what you gave them

If you had the same skills and experience as them very probably. Pretty average salary and conditions in the LNG field. Although interestingly I recruited both Filipinos from the GCC where their salaries were 10 times less. I am not prepared to discuss my salary on this or any other public forum.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Monsoon

• Davaoeno

• jtmwatchbiz

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well thats not totally correct .  I am owed over 40M by one Chinese Real Estate scammer and have already filed a case against her for estafa [ which I lost ].  Now she is threatening to get me deporte

As much as I have had problems here I do not agree with some things that the OP said . Yes, in this culture  many/most? people are less worried about morals and honor and more worried about making mon

It is true that business is tough here. Business is tough everywhere. But it is not impossible to make money here, one just has to adjust to the way business is done here. Find a niche, and fill it. S

Posted Images

smokey

If you had the same skills and experience as them very probably. Pretty average salary and conditions in the LNG field. Although interestingly I recruited both Filipinos from the GCC where their salaries were 10 times less. I am not prepared to discuss my salary on this or any other public forum.

and what is an LNG and I was only kidding my work days are over Is that some kind of boat term ?   I think a young wipersnapper could do well in medical transcription or billing... and a well healed foreigner could do very well in assisted care home with all the OFW felling guilty they can not come home to tend to mom and dad and mom and dad don't want to go to the scary usa... or Europe...  maybe convince the us vets to let vets use care home in the Philippines in the us the VA will pay up to 2,200 a month I was told

Edited by smokey
  • Like 1
smokey

Liquefied Natural Gas

ohhhhh big ship ... no smoking allowed type of thing?

• Like 1

No, the construction of process trains and utilities which process gas to liquids for transportation by those big ships. No smoking a good idea on both.

smokey

No, the construction of process trains and utilities which process gas to liquids for transportation by those big ships. No smoking a good idea on both.

I don't know a lot about a lot of stuff but I was offered a job to polyurea coat the gas line like 80 kilometers years ago this boy don't do jungle living either

• Like 1
Davaoeno

Steve I honestly believe it was because of the fact of being labelled a loser , which was a disgraceful approach by another member on the forum

The OP , had obviously had a bad experience and sought some solace or answers from other members of the forum , but was instantly labelled

a loser and if D_D had of acted with more integrity and offered positive advice , instead of taking it as a personal issue this whole thread may have

been able to offer invaluable advice to both sides of the fence . So D_D , where is your positive injection into this thread ?

I have to disagree with you on this one Tony.  Most of what the OP said was extremely offensive and very small minded  and he got off very lightly because we went in a different direction .  His claims that if a filiipino's mouth is moving they are lying and all a filipino needs is red horse and cock fights  are so ignorant as to be an insult to our intelligence.  Of course D_D did claim that anyone who loses money here is a loser was also another ignorant post -  but to me did not contain anywhere near the amount of venom that the OP's did .  

But I do agree that while D_D likes to badmouth others he has made  very little input of any value.  Surely a captain of industry like himself can provide many helpful hints to all those contemplating investing here. 

polyurea coat

Man - I get all warm and fuzzy when I read those words !! 

• Like 6

Why are any OFW in demand $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$  or the fact that they work for less... we have a daughter married to a guy who has works on a cruise ship now 12 years plus HEAD of his dept... pay 1,600 us a month... work 12 on 12 off does this ans your question  do you think you would want his job and pay

Yes! If I were single I'd jump at that job. While on the ship they don't have to spend money on anything! Lodging, food , clothes, transportation, medical are all taken care of. Plus , depending on the job, he may make just as much of more on tips!
colemanlee

You can make money here, you just have to be careful.  Start small and work up...my wife and I are in the rice business, while we buy rice land, honestly most of the money we make is from loaning money for rice.  While Im sure some of you would not trust Filipinos enough to loan money...at present we make about 100% on every peso we loan.  Does that make me rich, no, but its a nice addition to my pensions...I have always believed what you invest in is something that everybody needs and then give it at a fair price undercutting the competition.  Fact, most Filipinos will walk an extra two Km. to save a peso. At present we sell a bag of class A rice for 2000 which gives us plenty of profit and undercuts the competition about 300p....

Honestly if it was just me, I could care less, but when I die I want the family to be able to carry on with out me...

• Like 9
batman2525

I have always undercut the competition until the competition went bust.... and made sure we provided better service.....and you have to like what your doing.

smokey

Yes! If I were single I'd jump at that job. While on the ship they don't have to spend money on anything! Lodging, food , clothes, transportation, medical are all taken care of. Plus , depending on the job, he may make just as much of more on tips!

not many tips in the radio room but heck maybe ... if you were single that would be fine no apartment , no car , not bills... but like a truck driver i knew he got married bought a house , car all the goodies and still spent 26 days a month on the road but it was all good till his wife decided he did not love her enough to spend time so she left with a neighbor  now our daughter is a school teacher and they see each other up to 30 days a year  great life for 1,600 month 

NOSOCALPINOY
My wife has family that were in the bus transportation business with 3 buses running 24/7 in Southern Zambales NCR. With their liability and operating cost, they went under after two years and lost every penny that they had! 

We also had a neighbor who ran a coffee shop at our nearby SM Mall, their least was P75,000 a month and 2 years later they went under! With a P75,000 a month lease for the building (don't know the cost of their franchise), I see what could have happened to their coffee shop business going under.  

We also know of a husband and wife team (both former OFWs) in the business of purified water sales, manufacturing and distribution. They started off small with a million peso venture capital. Now they have half a dozen outlets and making  good annual profits and still expanding their business!  

• Like 1
shadow

My wife has family that were in the bus transportation business with 3 buses running 24/7 in Southern Zambales NCR. With their liability and operating cost, they went under after two years and lost every penny that they had! 
We also had a neighbor who ran a coffee shop at our nearby SM Mall, their least was P75,000 a month and 2 years later they went under! With a P75,000 a month lease for the building (don't know the cost of their franchise), I see what could have happened to their coffee shop business going under.  
We also know of a husband and wife team (both former OFWs) in the business of purified water sales, manufacturing and distribution. They started off small with a million peso venture capital. Now they have half a dozen outlets and making  good annual profits and still expanding their business!  

The transportation business is very tough here. Fare is set by the LTFRB. Maintenance is a killer, and seldom does it get done correctly here (if at all), which only leads to problems down the road.

P75,000/month lease? For a coffee shop? Whatever were they thinking? Was there something in the coffee?

We have a neighbor with a similar success story in purified water. However he started MUCH smaller than that, less than a tenth of that. P1 mil is NOT small venture capital for the average Filipino.

fred42

One of my inlaws runs a new 12 seater Toyota from cavite to batangas..Cost him 100K for the terminal line + 10% of his takings.

He runs on a private plate as they all do there and if he gets done for Colurum and loses his plates and licence,the Terminals Mr fix it gets them back within 12 hours guaranteed.

He has absolutely no accident insurance except for the fully comp personal vehicle insurance  scheme he needed when negotiating credit terms with Toyota.