DOING BUSINESS IN THE PI - WATCH OUT

smokey

Sorry to learn of your difficulties. Good that you have learned from the experience and share your views.

I've not purchased a condo, so I can't comment on that. However, I have had several business experiences, but on a smaller scale.

I have had a bakery for many years and so far it has been successful and provides an income as well as employment for around 20 people. In my view, it is very possible to be successful in business.

As well, I have purchased several properties.

I have had to go to court on one occasion over a property dispute, but the legal system worked just fine. We used mediation to eliminate the need for a judgement.

I have to agree with a previous post which suggests eliminating the "philippines" references and your list will apply to many other locations.

There will be assholes wherever it comes to money. I've had several instances of loans being made with the recipient never intending to repay. Not sure this is unique to the Philippines.

I found your description of the "yes" gesture amusing. This is true on a lot of Asian cultures. It seems that the response "yes" is so much more pleasant than a "NO!". Once you realize this is so common, it makes it easier to deal with negotiations.

The rest of your generalizations are a bit much. Sorry that it is only beaches and women that you find attractive here.

did you do this business on your own or thru your wife

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Monsoon

• Davaoeno

• jtmwatchbiz

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well thats not totally correct .  I am owed over 40M by one Chinese Real Estate scammer and have already filed a case against her for estafa [ which I lost ].  Now she is threatening to get me deporte

As much as I have had problems here I do not agree with some things that the OP said . Yes, in this culture  many/most? people are less worried about morals and honor and more worried about making mon

It is true that business is tough here. Business is tough everywhere. But it is not impossible to make money here, one just has to adjust to the way business is done here. Find a niche, and fill it. S

Posted Images

smokey

If most Filipino men are dirt bags and lazy to the bone, why are so many in demand as OFW's?

Why are any OFW in demand $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$  or the fact that they work for less... we have a daughter married to a guy who has works on a cruise ship now 12 years plus HEAD of his dept... pay 1,600 us a month... work 12 on 12 off does this ans your question  do you think you would want his job and pay

• Like 5
Davaoeno

If you are a loser in business here, no reason to blame it on Filipinos, just accept you are a loser and are meant to work for someone else the rest of your life

Damn- here I thought I got scammed and all this time I was just a loser.    Guess I will go and find someone else to work for now .  Good morning Sir Ma'am- welcome to Jolli B !! 

• Like 9
smokey

Damn- here I thought I got scammed and all this time I was just a loser.    Guess I will go and find someone else to work for now .  Good morning Sir Ma'am- welcome to Jolli B !! 

I do think DD is in the business of buying condo units and renting to foreigners so his contact with the locals may not be as direct as you

jtmwatchbiz

no need to get a job as i have a great investment opportunity for you. why wait for another local when i would love to pork you out of a few more million myself! loser

• Like 3
Davaoeno

no need to get a job as i have a great investment opportunity for you. why wait for another local when i would love to pork you out of a few more million myself! loser

Its always nice to know that we have friends to count on when we are down and out !!

• Like 5
smokey

ian is going to stomp you in the business world with his new silicone rental scheme

• Like 4
jtmwatchbiz

Its always nice to know that we have friends to count on when we are down and out !!

only until you're truly out. last i heard you still got a few coins to rub together so let's talk!  

Edited by jtmwatchbiz
  • Like 2

I do think DD is in the business of buying condo units and renting to foreigners so his contact with the locals may not be as direct as you

I deal with a lot of "locals", but I think the way to do business anywhere is provide a good service for a fair price. It really is that simple. It really is not that complicated.

The original poster who started this HATE thread did'nt post any real info about his personal situation. The post looks like more like another thread to bash Filipinos !

Mikala

Why are any OFW in demand $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$  or the fact that they work for less... we have a daughter married to a guy who has works on a cruise ship now 12 years plus HEAD of his dept... pay 1,600 us a month... work 12 on 12 off does this ans your question  do you think you would want his job and pay

Hey! There's FSL International that offers junior nurses 1,000 SGD (756 USD / 33,816p) per month to work in Singapore. They have thousands of applicants. I can well understand why OFWs are in high demand. They're paying a junior nurse per month(needs 2 years hospital experience with 4 year BS in nursing) the equivalent of what a 7-11 cashier in the USA makes in 2 weeks.

It all depends on country. I employed 2 Filipinos last year on a project in Australia. AUD 240,000 plus super per annum each plus accommodation and food included. 3 weeks working 1 week off.

• Like 1
jtmwatchbiz

It all depends on country. I employed 2 Filipinos last year on a project in Australia. AUD 240,000 plus super per annum each plus accommodation and food included. 3 weeks working 1 week off.

hey for that kind of coin i can be Filipino or anything you want me to be. 

• Like 3

hey for that kind of coin i can be Filipino or anything you want me to be.

It is not who you are but it is what you can do.

I thought this thread was about doing business in the Philippines, not making an investment and getting scammed.

So please correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding you invested into a real estate development and got scammed ?

Do you have experience in real estate development and construction ? If not, maybe it is a good idea to work for a company that is and get the experience first rather than making blind investments.

Or accept you are a loser, the faster you accept it, the easier it is to get over your loss.

shadow

Furthermore, the OFWs are the cream of the crop, only the best get a decent job overseas.

• Like 1