DOING BUSINESS IN THE PI - WATCH OUT

For Real

Well for those who have been living in the PI for many years you know what I will stir up is valid and accurate.  Those that are new you probably will think otherwise, so be it.

I have been going to the PI for more than 10 years now.  I have attempted to participate in several ventures however they all have gone south, I have also purchased a condo and after that I now realize that I should of just rented a place vs buy.  The Filipinos are almost impossible to do business and for every success story of business there are hundreds of bad stories that follow. 

I wont bother to elaborate but I would like to offer a tip guide:

1.  do not ever expect standards that we hold up to in the USA, everything is substandard in the PI

2.  If a Filipinos says yes and shakes their head is a yes gesture dont be fooled this does not mean yes at all, it means they are kinda listening with no promises

3.  General rule if they are talking and their lips are moving then they are most likley telling a lie

4.  If they show up late for a meeting just cancel it and tell them you are no longer interested that is the first warning of a bad business relationship

5.  Filipino men generally just need red horse and cock fights nothing more so dont offer any more.  Most are dirt bags and lazy to the bone

6.  The ultimate goal of a Filipino man is to take your money with a big smile - money only flows one way :)

7.  Guys that say they are making money there BS they are not dont let them fool u

Bottom line is dont do business there, the women and beaches are the only reasons why you should be there....

Lot of shit on that liver, I hope you post assists your health.

• Like 3
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Monsoon

• Davaoeno

• jtmwatchbiz

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well thats not totally correct .  I am owed over 40M by one Chinese Real Estate scammer and have already filed a case against her for estafa [ which I lost ].  Now she is threatening to get me deporte

As much as I have had problems here I do not agree with some things that the OP said . Yes, in this culture  many/most? people are less worried about morals and honor and more worried about making mon

It is true that business is tough here. Business is tough everywhere. But it is not impossible to make money here, one just has to adjust to the way business is done here. Find a niche, and fill it. S

Posted Images

smokey

Well thats not totally correct .  I am owed over 40M by one Chinese Real Estate scammer and have already filed a case against her for estafa [ which I lost ].  Now she is threatening to get me deported rather than pay me [ on the basis that my gf who owned most of the company shares was a dummy and so I broke the law and should be deported ].  My attorney also was warned by her engineer that she intended to have me killed [ on the basis that its cheaper to pay a couple of guys with a motorcycle 20,000 than to pay me the 40M that I am owed ]  And I cant raise any cash since all the lots and houses which I was to be given as part of our deal she refuses to hand over the titles.  Go to court you say ??? hahahah  what a joke that is . She figures if she stalls long enough I will die before the case is ever decided by any court here ! 

So  I wouldnt claim that I am doing  fine in business here hahaha 

[ oh did I mention that my ex gf who I totally trusted had secret bank accounts and managed to scam me out of almost 1 M [ with the help of my foreman and a couple of his workers ], and now that she cant scam any more money out of me has offered to help the Chinese scammer to Feck me out of everything else i own here ?  ] .   

Btw I dont whine about this stuff here because it wont do the least bit of good [ but will surely depress me even more !!  haha]  .   So I just get on with my life as best I can .   If I had to do it over again would I invest in the Philippines? not a hope in hell .  

well my friend you still trying to solve the problem using common sense , and Canadian knowledge ... need to get primal , as to the Chinese lady  get a partner who has a bigger stick then her stick , say a lawyer with powerful friends in manila 

• Like 3

Well thats not totally correct .  I am owed over 40M by one Chinese Real Estate scammer and have already filed a case against her for estafa [ which I lost ].  Now she is threatening to get me deported rather than pay me [ on the basis that my gf who owned most of the company shares was a dummy and so I broke the law and should be deported ].  My attorney also was warned by her engineer that she intended to have me killed [ on the basis that its cheaper to pay a couple of guys with a motorcycle 20,000 than to pay me the 40M that I am owed ]  And I cant raise any cash since all the lots and houses which I was to be given as part of our deal she refuses to hand over the titles.  Go to court you say ??? hahahah  what a joke that is . She figures if she stalls long enough I will die before the case is ever decided by any court here ! 

[ oh did I mention that my ex gf who I totally trusted had secret bank accounts and managed to scam me out of almost 1 M [ with the help of my foreman and a couple of his workers ], and now that she cant scam any more money out of me has offered to help the Chinese scammer to feck me out of everything else i own here ?  ] .   

Btw I dont whine about this stuff here because it wont do the least bit of good [ but will surely depress me even more !!  haha]  .   So I just get on with my life as best I can .   If I had to do it over again would I invest in the Philippines? not a hope in hell .  

My advice to you is, definitely stop doing business in the Philippines. :D

• Like 2
smokey

My advice to you is, definitely stop doing business in the Philippines. :D

he is stopped  but because he is out of money... ian is a nice guy , but doing business here nice guys get hustled , I was scammed on a business deal once for 1,000 us the front payment did not tell my wife and when the guys came over to collect the rest she applied some local justice and they were convinced to leave and never come back , People in the west are used to the law playing a major part of how we do business and it dont very often apply here ..

• Like 8
Ozepete

[ oh did I mention that my ex gf who I totally trusted had secret bank accounts and managed to scam me out of almost 1 M [ with the help of my foreman and a couple of his workers ], and now that she cant scam any more money out of me has offered to help the Chinese scammer to Feck me out of everything else i own here ?  ] .   

We were keen to establish a parts production facility in north Cebu but much exploration indicated problems similar to what Davao quoted here along with organised stand over merchants and their thugs etc etc. We decided no way.

I agree that making any major commitment into this country would be a big mistake, it is too fecked up from top to bottom and will remain that way.

A mobile / fluid business may be ok but to set down roots here would be crazy.

• Like 7
oztony

Business in the Philippines ........ I am searching for the words to describe it ..... aw what the heck

business in pi.png

• Like 5
smokey

now its a very slow long term investment but if married a person could buy land... close to town so it will see a profit before you turn 100 .. 

It's no different here, except the rain is warmer, much warmer (right Paul?).  

That's the truth! 

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

For a foreigner to make it big here well that would depend on for the most part his wife

None of the businesses I am speaking of have Filipino ownership or wives involved. 

define good money .

More than a million pesos per month.

• Like 1
Mikala

I've lived on a million pesos a month before. It's doable.

• Like 8
smokey

I've lived on a million pesos a month before. It's doable.

kind of like camping out instead of a 5 star hotel ...

None of the businesses I am speaking of have Filipino ownership or wives involved. 

well a million net per month would do me just fine   then I could live like the old days ,, .. and yes some foreigners get a pass but no one rides for free

Edited by smokey
burnttoast
6.  The ultimate goal of a Filipino man is to take your money with a big smile - money only flows one way :)

Quite a few would also like to take a chunk out of a foreigner's rear end in the process.