• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Monsoon

• Davaoeno

• jtmwatchbiz

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well thats not totally correct .  I am owed over 40M by one Chinese Real Estate scammer and have already filed a case against her for estafa [ which I lost ].  Now she is threatening to get me deporte

As much as I have had problems here I do not agree with some things that the OP said . Yes, in this culture  many/most? people are less worried about morals and honor and more worried about making mon

It is true that business is tough here. Business is tough everywhere. But it is not impossible to make money here, one just has to adjust to the way business is done here. Find a niche, and fill it. S

Posted Images

jtmwatchbiz

Bottom line is dont do business there, the women and beaches are the only reasons why you should be there....

bottom line is do you expect anyone to listen to someone who drives a 72 nova?

• Like 9
shadow

Hey, beats driving a Vega!

• Like 5
smokey

i am sure he was not talking about you as far as a successful business while a dangerous one ... 

7.  Guys that say they are making money there BS they are not dont let them fool u

I disagree with this. We had a business, and Jim Sibbick, another member of this site, can say we were breaking even prior to the first year of business having been completed. Had we not split, the business certainly would have continued to grow. At the time we (my wife and I) split (near the end of 2006), we had business booked three or four months into the next year.

• Like 3
jtmwatchbiz

On topic, guys.

yes you're right boss.

to the OP...it's not so cool to insult a whole culture but we understand you probably are just venting as you got screwed on a deal. i hope you can find some enjoyment in your future visits and dealings and once you get your post count up then we can PM each other and commiserate :)

• Like 7
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

7.  Guys that say they are making money there BS they are not dont let them fool u

I am making fantastic money in the Philippines. 

• Like 5
I have been going to the PI for more than 10 years now.  I have attempted to participate in several ventures however they all have gone south,

This probably paid a major part in your businesses going south. You were not there, full time, to look after the businesses. This is a must.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 8
mikewright

Bottom line is dont do business there,

Which is why my wife takes care of any business transactions. So far, so good.

SomeRandomGuy

Which is why my wife takes care of any business transactions. So far, so good.

Yeah but your wife seems pretty darn cool mate.

At Least u seem happy and she trusts you.

Bah humbug

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

And I should add that I know several people making hell of a lot more money than me here! If they are BSing me, they sure put on a good show! I wonder how they pull off the million dollar homes, Porsche 911's, Net Jet membership, 100's of employees? Damn they are good BSers!

• Like 6
jtmwatchbiz

And I should add that I know several people making hell of a lot more money than me here! If they are BSing me, they sure put on a good show! I wonder how they pull off the million dollar homes, Porsche 911's, Net Jet membership, 100's of employees? Damn they are good BSers!

and you know me...renting a dive, driving a banged up honda city and a crew of drunken and drug crazed homicidal rejects as co- workers.

Edited by jtmwatchbiz
  • Like 4
smokey

i know a couple of call center owners but the ones that make good money always seem to have friends at city hall...  For a foreigner to make it big here well that would depend on for the most part his wife , Ian has a few businesses here and seems to do fine... I dont think a business owned by a foreigner only can or will be allowed to make it big unless its already huge with lots of friends in high places   define good money ... to me it would be at least a million peso net per month 

Edited by smokey
  • Like 3