Air Asia: Airbus flight with 162 aboard Missing

Someone or something is making a complete mockery out of current aircraft locator / tracking system. Today`s technology.   Where the hell can an airplane large enough to carry two hundred passengers disappear in area of so many islands and millions of eyes and during a daylight.  Just saying.  This starting to feel pre 2011 thinking of impossibilities. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hy H

• Woolf

• TheMatrix

• Monsoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why not? I don't need a forum to read facts, those are easily obtainable from news and official sources. 

Please stop all those theories and speculations until some more information is available

Posted Images

Most jets do have them in the overhead lockers - they just do f*ck all when those overhead lockers are on the bottom of the ocean.

So, the aircraft (having hit the water at several hundred mph and sunk to the bottom) still has it's overhead lockers "securely fastened for take-off and landing" ? 

More likely that the fuselage and the lockers are in pieces scattered over the ocean floor?

I concede that some SARSAT GPS modules wouldn't survive the crash, and some will be unable to float up, but, if there were several of them on board, chances are that at least one would survive and float to the surface - it only needs one operating to locate the wreck.

And they are so cheap (i guess, less than $100 each if you buy several thousand of them) that there should be several of them on every passenger aircraft.

Oz Jon

miles-high

And they are so cheap (i guess, less than $100 each if you buy several thousand of them) that there should be several of them on every passenger aircraft.

Haven’t you heard of a $700 toilet seat for the Air Force transports (or was it $7,000)? Anything that went through the FAA, DOD, EASA or equivalent certification process would cost umpteen times the cost of what you get from SM/Walmart/K-Mart, etc… :D

burnttoast

AirAsia CEO Tony Fernandes allegedly sold 944,800 shares in Tune Insurance Holdings Bhd. days before the crash. They provide travel insurance for AirAsia passengers. Source is the Malaysian Insider.

Haven’t you heard of a $700 toilet seat for the Air Force transports (or was it $7,000)? Anything that went through the FAA, DOD, EASA or equivalent certification process would cost umpteen times the cost of what you get from SM/Walmart/K-Mart, etc… :D

SARSAT GPS modules wouldn't need to be air certified - they would not be part of the aircraft or it's systems.

They would simply be luggage/freight/baggage - like any other carry-on passenger baggage - except that they stay on-board.

Oz Jon

Hogan1950

Did you watch the video ??????

You think they made it up ?

Why are some americans so touchy

Now, I think the host is not knowledgeable in what she was talking about.  However, to be slightly fair, there was an incident with an Air Canada flight running out of fuel do to an error in converting fuel load between metric and imperial measures back in the early 80's.  Was that incident floating around in her head when she was asking about that?  Maybe, but doubtful. 

I am not sure if those morning show folks have earpieces or not, so have no way of even speculating if some director was in her ear telling her to ask about that.  It is possible though, so the stupidity might not have solely been on her either.

In any case, it was a rather pointless thing to bring up.  However, to be fair again, no dumber than some of the crap the other networks (and I am looking at you quite a lot CNN) offer up when these things happen.

• Like 1
Headshot

Did you watch the video ??????

You think they made it up ?

Why are some americans so touchy

Sure I did. She's likely an idiot (although who knows who came up with the questions)...but certainly no bigger idiot than is common at the Daily Mail. My point is that since when are the bloopers on other networks news? They are only news if you are trying to discredit another network that has a differing viewpoint on most things due to opposite philosophies. Overly smart journalists are really not that common, and you can find idiots at every network...plenty of them. Why would anybody make an issue of this one unless they have an axe to grind?

The worst has been confirmed and sightings of bodies on water.

Ships are being sent - water depth is 30 meters or less in the area.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

Recovery of bodies has begun (by helicopter) and what appears to be (mostly) intact aircraft reportedly can be seen under water.

• Like 1
Headshot

Sad that it crashed. Sad that the crew and passengers died. Good that they will be able to recover the aircraft and figure out what happened. Maybe they can prevent a recurrence.

• Like 3