Air Asia: Airbus flight with 162 aboard Missing

I'm surprised that CNN didn't picture a Singapore Airlines 747 - the main thing is to be first!

- They are a foreign airline

- over in Asia somewhere

- They all look the same, don't they?

Lol!

Oz Jon

• Like 1
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hy H

• Woolf

• TheMatrix

• Monsoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why not? I don't need a forum to read facts, those are easily obtainable from news and official sources. 

Please stop all those theories and speculations until some more information is available

Posted Images

oztony

I'm surprised that CNN didn't picture a Singapore Airlines 747 - the main thing is to be first!

- They are a foreign airline

- over in Asia somewhere

- They all look the same, don't they?

Lol!

Oz Jon

CNN's conduct on this latest missing plane episode has been absolutely deplorable , monotonous and sickening

All they have done is a wall to wall blanket coverage repeating the same limited information over and over intermingled

with their own unqualified speculation and conjecture , with their 20 something year old weather forecasters all of a sudden

becoming aviation experts , and not to mention their inhouse aviation expert , sensationalising moron , Richard Quest,

They really need to re-think how they approach the reporting of these kind of tragedy's , because it has just been aggravating

to see how they roll in the last day or so

• Like 2

from

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/553569-air-asia-indonesia-lost-contact-surabaya-singapore-18.html

SkyNews Australia has reported ...

"An Indonesian official says Australian planes have spotted objects in the area where an AirAsia flight carrying 162 passengers disappeared.

Jakarta's Air Force base commander Rear Marshal Dwi Putranto says he has been informed that an Australian Orion aircraft had detected suspicious objects near Nangka island, about 160 kilometres southwest of Pangkalan Bun, near central Kalimantan, or 1120 kilometres from the location where the plane lost contact.

'However, we cannot be sure whether it is part of the missing AirAsia plane,' Putranto says, 'We are now moving in that direction, which is in cloudy conditions.' ... "

1120 kms away from LKP of the missing aircraft?? Seems like this bloke is grasping at straws to get himself in the news.

Both of those numbers can't be right. 160 km SW from Pangkalan Bun isn't 1,120 km from the last known position.

I suspect the 160km figure is correct, but the other one is wrong.

Both seem to be on several news websites.

So why isn't the antenna made to float to the surface and send a signal.  

I think you should fire off that suggestion to Air bus.. They either hadn`t have thought of it or it sounds a bit to much of a redneck solution for them to employ?

I`m just wondering though how it could be stuck to the plane well enough too not fall off whilst flying but then fall off after being immersed in water and then float to the top?

I bet there is a solution somewhere on Youtube.. There always is.

So the 'on topic' point is, if a downed aircraft (or sneaky trapper) in the deep arctic can be located and rescued within a couple of hours, how the heck can they justify not being able to find not one but two or more missing aircraft in the tropics?

Well it's not a matter of cost! - I have one of the latest versions on my boat - It cost about $300!

It floats and will be detected by a satelite in a few minutes after it's activated.

It gives SAR organisations GPS position within 100m. (100yds)

They could toss a couple in the overhead lockers on any passenger jet!

Oz Jon

Edited by Oz Jon
  • Like 3

They could toss a couple in the overhead lockers on any passenger jet!

Most jets do have them in the overhead lockers - they just do f*ck all when those overhead lockers are on the bottom of the ocean.

TheMatrix

Most jets do have them in the overhead lockers - they just do f*ck all when those overhead lockers are on the bottom of the ocean.

You don't know they burn through the fuselage and rise to the surface?  

• Like 1
Headshot

You're using the Daily Mail as a source on a story supposedly about Fox News? Really? Couldn't you find the story in National Enquirer?

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 3

CNN's conduct on this latest missing plane episode has been absolutely deplorable , monotonous and sickening

All they have done is a wall to wall blanket coverage repeating the same limited information over and over intermingled

with their own unqualified speculation and conjecture , with their 20 something year old weather forecasters all of a sudden

becoming aviation experts , and not to mention their inhouse aviation expert , sensationalising moron , Richard Quest,

They really need to re-think how they approach the reporting of these kind of tragedy's , because it has just been aggravating

to see how they roll in the last day or so

All the Major misinformation channels coverage of anything is deplorable!   They do not give a crap about anything but the ratings and the bottom line.  The sad part is millions of people sit in front of a tube and accept anything they put out as fact!

You're using the Daily Mail as a source on a story supposedly about Fox News? Really? Couldn't you find the story in National Enquirer?

Did you watch the video ??????

You think they made it up ?

Why are some americans so touchy

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 1