Air Asia: Airbus flight with 162 aboard Missing

PT. Indonesia AirAsia (operating as Indonesia AirAsia) is a low-cost airline based in Jakarta, Indonesia.

It operates scheduled domestic, international services and is an Indonesian associate carrier of Malaysian low-fare airline AirAsia. Its main base is Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, Jakarta.[3] Until July 2010, Indonesia Air Asia, along with many Indonesian airlines, was banned from flying to the EU due to safety concerns. However the ban was lifted on July 2010.[4] As of 15 April 2009, all AirAsia domestic flights from Jakarta started operating from terminal 3 but the international flights continues to operate from terminal 2D.[5] Prior to moving to T3, the airline flew from Terminal 1C. Indonesia AirAsia is listed in category 1 by Indonesian Civil Aviation Authority for airline safety quality.[6] In 2011, this 100 percent Airbus airline dominated international market in Indonesia by 41.50 percent.

• Like 2
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hy H

• Woolf

• TheMatrix

• Monsoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why not? I don't need a forum to read facts, those are easily obtainable from news and official sources. 

Please stop all those theories and speculations until some more information is available

Posted Images

Well the one they showed on CNN said on the Side of the plane  Air Asia   (Malaysia) The LINK you post says on the side of the Plane  ( Indonesia AirAsia)

Not sure who is right but does not  matter ,to me the odds still strange!!!!! Also i think it a free forum to express your thoughts would not be the first time i am wrong for sure!!!! 

Families, relatives tense after AirAsia plane carrying 162 disappears
Fox News‎ - 13 hours ago
Earlier this year, national carrier Malaysia Airlines lost two planes. Flight MH370 vanished ...
Missing AirAsia plane QZ8501: Flight attendant posted chilling tweets about both Malaysia Airlines disasters
Mirror.co.uk‎ - 11 hours ago
Missing flight is 3rd Malaysia-linked incident
MiamiHerald.com‎ - 7 hours ago
More news for malaysia airlines

I am watching CNN live

I am so disappointed in you. :D :D

• Like 3

Missing plane QZ8501: AirAsia boss and QPR owner Tony Fernandes says ''this is my worst nightmare''

Dec 28, 2014 12:54
By David Raven

Malaysian-British entrepreneur took to Twitter to comfort relatives of the 162 people on board saying his priority is to look after relatives of the staff and passengers

This was posted on the Air Asia Facebook page, about 5 hours ago:

[updated statement] QZ8501 (as at 10:35pm, GMT+7)

Earlier in Surabaya, the management of AirAsia along with the Governor of East Java, National Search and Rescue Agency of Republic of Indonesia (BASARNAS), Airport Authority of Indonesia, Airport Operator (Angkasa Pura I) met with the members of the families to update them on the latest developments and reconfirmed their commitment to providing assistance in every possible way.

Sunu Widyatmoko, CEO of AirAsia Indonesia said, “We are deeply shocked and saddened by this incident. We are cooperating with the relevant authorities to the fullest extent to determine the cause of this incident. In the meantime, our main priority is keeping the families of our passengers and colleagues informed on the latest developments.”

“We will do everything possible to support them as the investigation continues and have already mobilized a support team to help take care of their immediate needs, including accommodation and travel arrangements. A briefing center has also been set up in Surabaya for the families.”

For the families in Singapore, there is also an emergency briefing room at Changi International Airport Terminal Two, where AirAsia Indonesia will be providing regular updates.

We have also established an Emergency Call Centre that is available for those seeking information about relatives or friends who may have been on board the flight. The number is +622129270811.

At this time, search and rescue operations are being conducted, under the guidance of National Search and Rescue Agency Republic of Indonesia (BASARNAS). AirAsia Indonesia is cooperating fully and assisting the investigation in every possible way.

The aircraft was an Airbus A320-200 with the registration number PK-AXC. There were 155 passengers on board, with 137 adults, 17 children and 1 infant. Also on board were 2 pilots and 4 cabin crew and one engineer on board.

The captain in command had a total of 20,537 flying hours of which, 6,100 flying hours were with AirAsia Indonesia on the Airbus A320. The first office officer had a total of 2,275 flying hours with AirAsia Indonesia.

We will release further information as soon as it becomes available and our thoughts and prayers are with those on board QZ8501.  
Note to Editors: We ask that members of the news media do not call the AirAsia Emergency Call Centre, as this line is reserved for family members seeking information about those who may have been on board. For media enquiries please call +622129270831. 
  • Like 1

Indonesia AirAsia is 49% owned by Malaysia-based budget carrier AirAsia, with local investors holding the rest. The AirAsia group, including affiliates in Thailand, the Philippines and India, has not had a crash since its Malaysian budget operations began in 2002.

Aviation expert Peter Marosszeky said it looked like the aircraft hit a severe weather event.

"Everything tends to point to the fact that the pilot did request an altitude change to a high altitude maybe at the wrong time, and it was caught in a fairly severe sort of updraft and the aircraft possibly went into a stall condition," Mr Marosszeky said.

"Also we have to remember that this aeroplane is not a large aircraft, it's a fairly light aircraft and flying into those severe conditions in the tropics, particularly around the equator, can be very challenging.

"I suspect very strongly that the aircraft maybe should not have been in that area at that time, but that's another thing for the investigators to talk about."

Mr Hansford said another aspect of the flight was that an unconfirmed passenger manifest shows 23 people who booked to fly did not show up.

He said this was explainable, but it is something that authorities should investigate.

"If it's all a connected group, there's nothing of any complexity in it," he said.

"But if they were 23 people who just didn't make it, we could start to wonder why so many people didn't join the plane."

TheMatrix

It's freaking amazing this is happening again!

Are the powers to be numbing us down for some catastrophe in the near future?

With this aircraft flight route, it was flying over populated areas or very shallow sea.   How many hours since it disappeared?  Just nuts!  Is this the new Bermuda Triangle?  Airbus is saying this aircraft should be floating, and even if it isn't, a flyover should be able to identify it laying on the bottom of the sea.... along with lots of debris, no?  

With modern GPS, they know exactly where the aircraft dropped off radar.  Is it not there?

The news is playing up that it was bad weather and the pilot requested going around the storm which was granted.  But, this happens hundreds of times each day, if not thousands.  Nothing unusual.  

Well, the sun is up and they have started today's searching.  If it ain't found today, something is seriously up!!

TheMatrix

And, the black box beeping should have taken them directly to the aircraft.  No water is too deep in that area to drown the blackbox.

I'm surprised they called off the search overnight considering it was only hours since it happened. They could have had a few ships looking around at the least.

Edited by Tamed
TheMatrix

I'm surprised they called off the search overnight considering it was only hours since it happened. They could have had a few ships looking around at the least.

Yeah, all the people bobbing around awaiting rescue.... sheesh!

SomeRandomGuy

Bad weather...very bad. Who is going to rescue the rescuers.

Bah humbug

• Like 1

SOO whats with they found wreckage???  nothing on the news or did I miss it?

I know there is another rescue going on around Italy with 300 feared lost in a ferry sinking....

Edited by ozboy
TheMatrix

SOO whats with they found wreckage???  nothing on the news or did I miss it?

Nothing found yet.... strange.

Mr Hansford said another aspect of the flight was that an unconfirmed passenger manifest shows 23 people who booked to fly did not show up. He said this was explainable, but it is something that authorities should investigate. "If it's all a connected group, there's nothing of any complexity in it," he said. "But if they were 23 people who just didn't make it, we could start to wonder why so many people didn't join the plane."

The flight left 2 hours early so thats why so many didnt make the flight..

One family of TEN missed the fight by minutes thinking they had turned up at the airport 2 hours before.

Family's lucky escape from doomed AirAsia flight QZ 8501

http://www.smh.com.au/world/familys-lucky-escape-from-doomed-airasia-flight-qz-8501-20141228-12eslw.html

Edited by fred42