Air Asia: Airbus flight with 162 aboard Missing

SkyMan

I still don't understand how they can lose track of a plane.

Sure it can drop of the radar but what about satellites?

I would have thought that planes were bouncing full cockpit information off a satellite at all times.

And I mean 'the lot'. Voice, speed, altitude etc. etc. as it took place.

KonC

That capabilty exists, of course, but the benefit doesn't yet outweigh the cost.  Better to spend the money on things that might prevent the crash than just tell you where to go looking for the debris.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hy H

• Woolf

• TheMatrix

• Monsoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why not? I don't need a forum to read facts, those are easily obtainable from news and official sources. 

Please stop all those theories and speculations until some more information is available

Posted Images

SomeRandomGuy

I have a feeling that will change after this skyman

Bah humbug

OK one plane from Malaysia ,ok two  from there,a little fishy  ,,,,  three from Malaysia  .long odds something real fishy with this picture  !!!!

2 from Malaysia, 1 from Indonesia

Air Asia Indonesia, Indon aircraft, Indon regulations, Indon crew

Some big farkin storms in the area looking at the radar images - weather upset is my guess.

SkyMan

Why?  I'd rather they spend the money on keeping the plane in the air than finding the wreckage.  Eventually that will happen but not soon.  Eventually commercial planes will even go to satellite control with the pilots on the ground but they just aren't there yet.  

oztony

They may well introduce active and live telemetry on flights , just seems a little odd with this day and age that something more sophisticated is not in place already , to know exactly where aircraft    are , ffs they triangulate signals to locate people with their mobile phones

Headshot

They've already found aircraft wreckage in the water, so this search won't be long anyway. One thing about commercial airliners...if you land anyplace other than an airport...you are likely dead. There are very few exceptions to that rule.

miles-high

I still don't understand how they can lose track of a plane.

Sure it can drop of the radar but what about satellites?

I would have thought that planes were bouncing full cockpit information off a satellite at all times.

And I mean 'the lot'. Voice, speed, altitude etc. etc. as it took place.

KonC

It’s easy to track most airplanes – you can even build your own tacking device out of a Raspberry Pi – as long as the airplanes’ generators or alternators are providing the electricity to the avionics. If not, we would have to rely on those “black boxes” with small batteries to locate them…

HeyMike

They've already found aircraft wreckage in the water, so this search won't be long anyway. One thing about commercial airliners...if you land anyplace other than an airport...you are likely dead. There are very few exceptions to that rule.

Can you give a link please. I am watching CNN live and no one has mentioned any wreckage being found.

• Like 2

No wreckage has been found - and there were two C-130 aircraft that made a 2 hour search of the reported location of suspected wreckage.  That does not mean it is not there but it has not been found yet if it is and weather is severe so not likely an easy task on sea or from air.  Search is scheduled to resume at 0700 local time.

This is a good real time link to current information.

http://www.reddit.com/live/u5bkiqteljl4

Edited by lopburi3
burnttoast

if you land anyplace other than an airport...you are likely dead. There are very few exceptions to that rule.

The one I'll always remember is US Airways Flight 1549 ditched in the Hudson River by former USAF fighter pilot Chelsey Sullenberger. Talk about first class. 

• Like 3
Headshot

Can you give a link please. I am watching CNN live and no one has mentioned any wreckage being found.

Sure...posts 15 and 16 of this topic.

it's amazing what a smart phone can do these days, or even smart watches etc yet they still haven't figured out how to make an instant plane locator device for lost planes.

Edited by Tamed
  • Like 1

NO ALL THREE  WHERE MALAYSIAN AIR CRAFT !!!!! I READ BEFORE I POST !!!!  DONT CARE WHERE THEY TOOK OFF FROM OR WHO THE CREW WHERE  I JUST STATED A FACT!!!!  NOW MURRY'S LAW MIGHT BE THERE BUT IT A HECK OF A LONG SHOT LIKE I SAID.( AirAsia Berhad is a Malaysian low-cost airline headquartered near Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. AirAsia group operates scheduled domestic and international flights to 100 destinations spanning 22 countries. Wikipedia)

About 162,000,000 results (0.21 seconds)
Search Results

In the news
    AirAsia plane missing with 162 people aboard
    USA TODAY‎ - 47 mins ago
    The fate of an AirAsia Indonesia jet that disappeared Sunday over the Java Sea with 162 ...
    AirAsia Indonesia flight QZ8501 to Singapore missing
    BBC News‎ - 6 hours ago
    Here's What We Know So Far About The Missing AirAsia Passengers
    Huffington Post‎ - 2 hours ago
    More news for air asia
    AirAsia | Philippines cheap flights to Cebu, Kalibo, Kuala ...
    www.airasia.com/ph/en/home.page
    AirAsia offers the lowest fares online to over 85 destinations across Asia with numerous frequencies a day. Fly with the World's Best Low-Cost Carrier today.
    AirAsia | Cheap flights to Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong ...
    www.airasia.com/
    AirAsia offers the lowest fares online to over 85 destinations across Asia with numerous frequencies a day. Fly with the World's Best Low-Cost Carrier today.
    AirAsia | Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/AirAsia
    Earlier in Surabaya, the management of AirAsia along with the Governor of East Java, National Search and Rescue Agency of Republic of Indonesia ...
    BBC News - AirAsia Indonesia flight QZ8501 to Singapore ...
    www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30614627
    6 hours ago - An AirAsia Indonesia airliner flying from Indonesia to Singapore with 162 people on board has gone missing. Flight QZ8501 lost contact with air ...
    AirAsia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AirAsia
    AirAsia Berhad (MYX: 5099) is a Malaysian low-cost airline headquartered near Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. AirAsia group operates scheduled domestic and ...
    AirAsia plane loses contact with traffic control - CNN.com
    www.cnn.com/2014/12/27/world/asia/airasia-missing-plane/index.html
    11 hours ago - The search is on for AirAsia Flight 8501, which lost contact with air traffic control in Indonesia, the airline said Sunday.
    AirAsia Flight QZ8501 Goes Missing After Call for Course Shift
    www.nbcnews.com/...airasia.../airasia-flight-qz8501-goes-missing-after-c...
    5 hours ago - Rescuers scouring Indonesian waters for an AirAsia plane that went missing with 162 people aboard have found no sign of the missing jet ...
    AirAsia Plane With 162 Aboard Missing After Call for Course ...
    www.nbcnews.com/.../airasia-plane-162-aboard-missing-after-call-course...
    7 hours ago - An AirAsia Indonesia flight carrying 162 people went missing Sunday after the pilot asked for permission to change course due to weather en ...
    AirAsia (@AirAsia) | Twitter
    https://twitter.com/airasia
    31.8K tweets • 1412 photos/videos • 1.27M followers. "AirAsia Indonesia regrets to confirm that QZ8501 from Surabaya to Singapore has lost contact at 07:24hrs ...

Searches related to air asia

air asia interview

lion air

jetstar

tiger airways

airasia career

firefly

air asia review

nok air
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Image result for air asia
        AirAsia
        Airline
        AirAsia Berhad is a Malaysian low-cost airline headquartered near Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. AirAsia group operates scheduled domestic and international flights to 100 destinations spanning 22 countries. Wikipedia
        Bag information: In economy, prices vary by itinerary. More from AirAsia
        CEO: Aireen Omar
        Headquarters: Sepang, Selangor, Malaysia
        Founded: 1993
        Founders: DRB-HICOM, Tony Fernandes

• Like 2