Air Asia: Airbus flight with 162 aboard Missing

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Should be some cheap seats available soon...

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hy H

• Woolf

• TheMatrix

• Monsoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why not? I don't need a forum to read facts, those are easily obtainable from news and official sources. 

Please stop all those theories and speculations until some more information is available

Posted Images

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

WTF?

Two incidents within 3 days of eachother. One with 160+ fatalities. Both looking very much like pilot error. 

Do you think they will raise seat prices? 

Two incidents within 3 days of eachother. One with 160+ fatalities. Both looking very much like pilot error. 

Do you think they will raise seat prices?

Clearly you are being deliberately provocative.

Enjoy your cheaper air fares. You must be delighted.

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Clearly you are being deliberately provocative.

Enjoy your cheaper air fares. You must be delighted.

I wouldn't fly Air Asia if it were free.

Tony will be ruing the day he decided to franchise the brand.

He had no choice.  A foreigner cannot be in charge of an airline operating in Indonesia (and many other Asian countries).  Max 49% non-controlling interest in Indonesia.

Edited by Bonjon

And now I hear an Air Asia plane overshot the runway Kalibo and ended up in the grass and stuck.  Passengers exited via emergency procedures.  Me thinks this company has some very serious pilot problems.

A Virgin Atlantic plane made an emergency landing yesterday.

One such incident doesnt imply that the entire fleet or crews are poor.

I suspect that the incident you mentioned was just one of those things and not related to the recent crash.

I was not implying it was related to the recent crash, but when a plane runs off the runway it is pilot error unless something mechanical failed, which was not the case in this incident.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon
A Virgin Atlantic plane made an emergency landing yesterday.

That had nothing to do with pilot error. Was an issue with the landing gear. 

Overshooting a runway is almost always pilot error.

Edited by Monsoon

And now I hear an Air Asia plane overshot the runway Kalibo and ended up in the grass and stuck.  Passengers exited via emergency procedures.  Me thinks this company has some very serious pilot problems.

Well, It was a different company to the one that crashed, it is actually Air Asia Zest- - remember Zest Air? The one that was grounded by the Philippine authorities a years or 2 ago?

There are actually 9 different airlines carrying the Air Asia branding - only 2 of which are Malaysian. And all the others operate under other countries regulations and oversight.

Just like Tiger Air is owned by the Singapore Govt/Sing Air, Tiger Air Philippines is owned by Cebu Pacific, Tiger Air Australia is owned by Virgin Australia.

Same colour planes - all very different animals.

TheMatrix

Plane wreckage and bodies found :(

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30630330

So sad for the family members during this holiday season.  RIP.

I hope this incident brings new flight rules and more flight training for our young pilots that are so used to flying by computer.  

It's been a disastrous year for Malaysia based airlines, and even Airbus.  The first plane is still missing, the 2nd shot down over Ukraine, and now this one in the storm (not confirmed yet, but its looking like pilot flew into major major storm, trying to fly above it, but its ceiling was unknowingly at 50k feet.)

Now this sort of continues vague reporting is giving me the feeling ...they have not found the aircraft yet?

This one dated:  Updated 

22 minutes ago   31 December 10.15 am

AirAsia QZ8501: Divers begin search for more victims, black boxes after debris from missing plane found.

Divers and ships are searching for wreckage and the all-important black boxes of a doomed AirAsia plane after Indonesian rescuers found several bodies and debris floating in shallow waters off the coast of Borneo.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-31/airasia-qz8501-divers-begin-search-for-victims-black-boxes/5994370