Air Asia: Airbus flight with 162 aboard Missing

ILoveCyrus

Just heard on radio....plane came from Indonesia.

What's going on?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hy H

• Woolf

• TheMatrix

• Monsoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why not? I don't need a forum to read facts, those are easily obtainable from news and official sources. 

Please stop all those theories and speculations until some more information is available

Posted Images

Skywalker

An AirAsia flight from the Indonesian city of Surabaya to Singapore has lost contact with air traffic control. 155 ppl on board.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/passenger-plane-missing-pacific/story?id=27856490

Passenger Plane Goes Missing Over Pacific
Dec 27, 2014, 10:31 PM ET
By ABC News

An AirAsia Airbus 320-200 has gone missing on a flight from Surabaya, Indonesia, to Singapore, according to the National Agency Search and Rescue Republic of Indonesia.

The plane, flight QZ8501, which reportedly had 162 people on board, lost contact at 7:24 a.m. local time near Belitung Island, Indonesia, according to a statement from AirAsia.

"At the present time we unfortunately have no further information regarding the status of the passengers and crew members on board, but we will keep all parties informed as more information becomes available," AirAsia said.

The aircraft was an Airbus A320-200 with the registration number PK-AXC.

Search and rescue operations were in progress, AirAsia said.

The plane lost communication with Indonesia's Surabaya airport 42 minutes after takeoff, when it was believed to be over the Java Sea between Kalimantan and Java islands, Hadi Mustofa, an official of the transportation ministry told Indonesia's MetroTV.

Mustofa said the plane had seven crew and 155 passengers.

Skywalker

AirAsia flight from Indonesia to Singapore missing

_79955225_indonesiasurabayasingapore4642

An AirAsia flight travelling from the Indonesian city of Surabaya to Singapore has lost contact with air traffic control, the company has said.

Indonesian media say 162 people were on board.

The aircraft, flight number QZ8501, lost contact with air traffic control just after 07:00am local time, AirAsia tweeted.

Indonesia air traffic control lost contact with AirAsia flight QZ8501 bound for Singapore from the Indonesian city of Surabaya on Sunday morning.

Search and rescue operations have begun, AirAsia Indonesia said in its Facebook page.

Passengers on board the Airbus A380-200 include 130 adults, 24 children and one infant, according to Indonesia media reports.

"At the present time we unfortunately have no further information regarding the status of the passengers and crew members on board, but we will keep all parties informed as more information becomes available."

The aircraft reportedly lost contact with Jakarta air traffic control at 7:24am local time, while it was flying over Kalimantan island.

Trikora Hardjo, the general manager of Indonesia's Airport Company, Angkasa Pura II, said that they are still waiting for more information.

According to Flightradar, the status of the flight QZ8501, which left Juanda International airport in Surabaya at 5:35am and was scheduled to arrive in Singapore at 8:30am, was "unknown".

AirAsia has established an Emergency Call Centre that is available for family or friends of those who may have been on board the aircraft. The number is: +622129850801.

AirAsia will release further information as soon as it becomes available. Updated information will also be posted on the AirAsia website, www.airasia.com.

mactanfamily

I've spent months surveying The Java sea between those cities and it is mostly under 200 feet deep. It is also basically fully enclosed to the open ocean and FULL of rigs, ships and fishermen.

Something should be found soon unless we have another fanatic pilot on a mission for God.

• Like 2
ILoveCyrus

Is this another sort of "Bermuda Triangle" phenomenon?  Or something more sinister and diabolic.....?  Terrorism?

Please stop all those theories and speculations until some more information is available

• Like 5
ILoveCyrus

We have NOT found the 1st missing plane..............aye karumba!

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Please stop all those theories and speculations

Why not? I don't need a forum to read facts, those are easily obtainable from news and official sources. 

• Like 6

Unfortunately Indonesian aviation has a terrible track record, worse then the rest of South East Asia. Lion Air was a particular example, lots of pure incompetence accidents with large shiny new jets. I once flew jumpseat between Manila-Cebu with Zest air a few years ago, and even as a mere Private Pilot I was quite taken aback, and saw things which made me wonder how more accidents don't happen in Asia. I guess Miles High will be able to tell us more, but I believe that ATC is very very poor in this entire region.

• Like 1
mactanfamily

Indonesian aviation has a terrible track record

Air Asia is a Malaysian airline, and is nowhere near as bad as Garuda.

Zest should have been shut down years ago, actually i thought they were.

Airplane wreckage reportedly found east of Belitung Island, in Indonesia.

The water depth here is probably about 100-200 feet, so we will eventually find  out why this happened. There were some severe thunderstorms in the area, and the pilot asked to go around them but that shouldn't have caused the plane to drop from 32,000 feet.

• Like 1