Men fall victim to online 'sextortion'

19 December 2014 Last updated at 06:25 GMT

Hundreds of thousands of men around the world are falling victim every year to a pernicious form of online crime.

It has been nicknamed "sextortion" and is a form of blackmail.

Victims are normally lured in through social media sites; the blackmailers are criminal gangs operating in countries like the Philippines.

Angus Crawford reports.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-30544685

The guys are as much at fault as the scammers.

Note: for anyone who wants to scam me, dont bother, it wont work.

• Like 1
The guys are as much at fault as the scammers

the guys and girls are ignorant, something the scammers use. Not there fault, it would not have happen if there were no scammers.. ignorant ppl are just ppl unaware of the danger ..

Edited by Runian
cvgtpc1

they'd tell my wife...

then don't do it in the first place if that's a problem lol

they'd tell my wife...

then don't do it in the first place if that's a problem lol

No doubt. If you are faithful to your wife in the first place, you don't have to concern yourself with that sort of mess.

In my mind, they get what they deserve.

The guys are as much at fault as the scammers.

Note: for anyone who wants to scam me, dont bother, it wont work.

I agree, Alan. Same here. They can go piss up a rope.

• Like 2
mikewright

It's tragic abut the young kid who committed suicide due to shame. We oldies should know better, but young kids with little or no life experience can easily fall victim to these scum.

• Like 4

My response was has been "OK, go ahead and can you send me a copy?"

"If you care who knows don't do the pose"

A real person? If in doubt and the more stunning the more doubt

Ask her to stand up, turn around, and touch nose with left thumb. Got a frozen avatar .  Operator didn't know what to do, then tried to follow previous script.

• Like 1
SkyMan

how much common sense does any young man have at seventeen?
Aparently not much in this case.  I'm pretty sure I had more than that.

There is after all, a biological reason that men are genetically inclined toward being victims of sextortion.  The term "dickhead" refers to a man who thinks with his dick.  However, men should be relieved to know that it is not their fault.  Every time a man gets an erection, the blood is drained from his brain to travel south and revive his most precious organ.  Thus, the blood that was once in his brain is now in his dick,  which completely renders him incapable of thinking anywhere above the hips. 

There is after all, a biological reason that men are genetically inclined toward being victims of sextortion.  The term "dickhead" refers to a man who thinks with his dick.  However, men should be relieved to know that it is not their fault.  Every time a man gets an erection, the blood is drained from his brain to travel south and revive his most precious organ.  Thus, the blood that was once in his brain is now in his dick,  which completely renders him incapable of thinking anywhere above the hips. 

Some brains shut down completely - mine doen't even notice the slight difference :killself:

• Like 2

Thankfully these muppets are only getting scammed online. God help them if they are ever allowed to leave their homes and travel.

• Like 2
NOSOCALPINOY

Some guys with that kind of an affliction may be in real trouble if they even try to chew gum and walk at the same time, let alone humping while chewing gum! Does that make any sense? Just curious! :idontknow: