Sign in to follow this  
AussieLex

Aussie wanting to marry in Cebu ...

ex231

My hoops took about 40 hours to jump through. Hopefully yours will go quicker. 

Another thing to keep in mind is that some local LCRs have their own requirements. Seems everyone here want to make a rule. They feel special that way.

Not sure about the Ozzy consulate but the guy at the US consulate imposed his own little BS rules as well when I went for the Affidavit In Lieu of Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry. I had to take my fiance with me (no problem) but then he puffed up and said she looked too young and would not issue the document unless she had ID. Now what that has to do with whether I'm divorced or not is beyond me but he did not like the 2 forms of ID she had and it was looking like we made the flight and hotel expense for nothing. Luckily she had some OLD HS ID that he accepted.

hookedtothenet

Yep I had to get one. Went to Australian Embassy to get one. They did it right there and then in 2007.

The rules must have changed a lot since then, as they have to post up on the wall of the consul or embassy that you have applied for a certain number of days. You can't just walk in and get one nowadays. 

riklynbor

The rules must have changed a lot since then, as they have to post up on the wall of the consul or embassy that you have applied for a certain number of days. You can't just walk in and get one nowadays.

I had current divorce papers with me only a couple of months old that helped for sure.

Edited by Headshot
Deleted duplicate quote
  • Like 1

billy

In future elope.

Elope.

Elope.

Im all for marriage.

Any country that does not allow divorce i am not interested in marrying at.

Elope for you.

Elope for her.

Elope

Finally so eone said something that makes sense

cvgtpc1

In future elope.

Elope.

Elope.

Im all for marriage.

Elope for you.

Elope for her.

Elope

Finally so eone said something that makes sense

Yeah I never understood the need for a big fancy wedding, if you're in love why does all that matter.  Use the money for a kickass honeymoon.

• Like 1

Laurence

If it's to be a (Catholic) church wedding, then there are a few more hoops.

mikewright

Yeah I never understood the need for a big fancy wedding, if you're in love why does all that matter.  Use the money for a kickass honeymoon.

I suspect in most cases it's the wife who wants the fancy do, a cultural thing.

If it's to be a (Catholic) church wedding, then there are a few more hoops.

And veils and coins and chains...

• Like 1

Laurence

And veils and coins and chains...

haha, I wish ! If that was all there was to do for the church wedding I'd have been laughing all the way to the alter.

• Like 1

Headshot

In future elope.

Elope.

Elope.

Im all for marriage.

Elope for you.

Elope for her.

Elope

Actually, that can complicate things later.

Such as when she goes to have her passport put in her married name...and they tell her that her marriage certificate has to be registered at NSO first...which nullifies any advantage getting married elsewhere gained you (as far as the annulment laws go in the Philippines).