Sign in to follow this  
AussieLex

Aussie wanting to marry in Cebu ...

AussieLex

Does anyone know if Australians wishing to marry in the Philippines require a Certificate of No Impediment?

shadow

Does anyone know if Australians wishing to marry in the Philippines require a Certificate of No Impediment?

Yes, you will most likely have to submit both a CERNOMAR from the NSO, and a legal capacity to marry from your embassy.

Although geared toward Americans, this article may help you to understand the marriage process;

http://www.pinayvisa.com/getting-married-in-the-philippines.

Edited by shadow
  • Like 2

AussieLex

Thank you for the information ... much appreciated.

Hy H

G`day mate.

Previous poster posted link about US citizens to marry. Perhaps you can do better on home soil.   And do some legwork.  

Try click on this site for starters:  http://www.philippines.embassy.gov.au/mnla/marriage.html

• Like 2

shadow

G`day mate.

Previous poster posted link about US citizens to marry. Perhaps you can do better on home soil.   And do some legwork.  

Try click on this site for starters:  http://www.philippines.embassy.gov.au/mnla/marriage.html

This article does not mention the CENOMAR from the NSO, which IS now a requirement to get a marriage license in Cebu City.

Edited by shadow
  • Like 2

AussieLex

Thanks for the information... I am wading through all the information I can get but it seems pretty straight forward... just got to jump through all the hoops.

• Like 1

Hy H

This article does not mention the CENOMAR from the NSO, which IS now a requirement to get a marriage license in Cebu City.

Yes you are correct.   I am also interested in correct procedure for future reference. 

shadow

Yes you are correct.   I am also interested in correct procedure for future reference. 

With the exception of the embassy difference, I don't think you will find a more complete article than the link I posted. It has been read over 30,000 times, and we get comments/compliments on it regularly. If you do, please let us know so that I can update it!

• Like 3

Paul

Yes, without question. 

• Like 1

oztony

Yes, without question. 

Which from memory is gained from the births death and marriages office without too much bother ,

I did it 12 years ago , got married by a judge in the courtroom , then proceeded to feed 300 hungry stomachs

Had to also do a little 3hr family planning course in the gazebo at the local town square , I was the only WG there of course

and from memory half of the pinay's (girls ) who attended with their , to be husbands , were pregnant , and rushing

the process through before they dropped their bundle.

ALSO , as I re-call you had to be in country for 21 days before you could get married

Edited by oztony
  • Like 3

AussieLex

Thanks for all the helpful responses, I have now looked at lots of info and to summarise .....

For the foreigner;

Passport with valid visa

Certified copy of birth certificate

Certificates of No Impediment to Marriage (CNI) also known as Certificate of Legal Capacity

Copies of all divorce decrees, death certificates, etc.

CENOMAR

For the Filipina fiancee

NSO ‘Certified Copy of Birth Certificate’ – 2 copies-can be obtained at the NSO or ordered online at www.ecensus.com.ph
‘Barangay Clearance’ (has its own requirements-obtain at local Barangay hall)
‘Police Clearance’ (has its own requirements-obtain at local police station)
“CEDULA” (Community Tax Certificate-apply at city hall)

NSO “CENOMAR’ (Certificate of no marriage- apply at NSO or order online at www.ecensus.com.ph)

• Like 1

Tamed

make sure they spell you and your fiancee's names correctly on the cenomar ;)

another tip, CNI only last 6 months!

I'm now back in AU unmarried ^^^

maybe it's a good thing lol

Edited by Tamed

cvgtpc1

I did it 12 years ago , got married by a judge in the courtroom , then proceeded to feed 300 hungry stomachs

Had to also do a little 3hr family planning course in the gazebo at the local town square , I was the only WG there of course

and from memory half of the pinay's (girls ) who attended with their , to be husbands , were pregnant , and rushing

the process through before they dropped their bundle.

ALSO , as I re-call you had to be in country for 21 days before you could get married

Similar but mine was 30 yrs ago with the judge and I only fed 5 including us lol

At my seminar half the girls didn't know the guy's last name....

SomeRandomGuy

In future elope.

Elope.

Elope.

Im all for marriage.

Any country that does not allow divorce i am not interested in marrying at.

Elope for you.

Elope for her.

Elope

• Like 1

riklynbor

Yep I had to get one. Went to Australian Embassy to get one. They did it right there and then in 2007.