Sign in to follow this  
hilyfe

life insurance

hilyfe

Having a life insurance in Philippines can shorten your life :D

Someone told me this hahahah

• Like 1

Pman

Depends on if you pick the wrong woman...

• Like 1

SomeRandomGuy

Depends if u pick the right woman and then continue picking women on the side till u get caught.

Bah humbug

• Like 2

Paul

Never be worth more dead, than alive. 

• Like 1

mikewright

Depends on the relationship you are in.

If you can't provide for your family in the event of your untimely demise, and you feel you have a duty to them, insurance can be a good back-up plan.

If you think your partner might murder you for the insurance money, I'd suggest you seriously reconsider your relationship :)

Personally, I'd be more concerned if I were a Filipina married to a foreigner. A study in Australia showed that Filipinas were almost six times more likely to be murdered than other Australian women, by partners or ex-partners...

http://www.journals.upd.edu.ph/index.php/kasarinlan/article/viewFile/419/385..

Lee

As with anywhere in the world, people need to be careful that they marry a person who wants them for them and not just for their money. Hey everyone wants a better life but some ladies feel that life should be with a husband and not just with his money. 

Years ago I had $200,000 in term life insurance which was to expire later that year, I ate something I apparently was seriously allergic to and shortly after started to go into Anaphylactic shock, I felt it coming as my tongue and throat started to swell, so I took steroids which usually control it but this time it was too severe and my throat was closing too fast, the wife had the epipen and kept fighting me to give me the shot, while I kept saying wait until the pills kick in, finally I just about to pass out from lack of oxygen and was too weak to talk or fight anymore and she gave me the shot, full well knowing that the policy was going to expire and she would have been 200k richer and all she had to do was wait. So guys not all Filipinas only want the money. 

BTW if anyone in Cebu wants life insurance or just about any type of insurance including car, life or health, Mayen formerly the in charge of Bank of Commerce is now working for a large insurance company and can supply it, so you are welcome to private message me for her contact information. Also Paul knows her and so do a lot of members, so she is honest and reliable.

• Like 1

wacobay

Flip Wilson, the comedian, once said" I don't have any insurance, when I die I want to really be missed". :)  

hilyfe

Life insurance has an expiration date?

Damn i better take a look at mine i didnt know this

I have a time life insurance or something like that

Lee

Life insurance has an expiration date?

Damn i better take a look at mine i didnt know this

I have a time life insurance or something like that

Term life insurance

Term life insurance or term assurance is life insurance which provides coverage at a fixed rate of payments for a limited period of time, the relevant term. After that period expires, coverage at the previous rate of premiums is no longer guaranteed and the client must either forgo coverage or potentially obtain further coverage with different payments or conditions. 

hilyfe

I think life insurance is what i have

Really need to look at mine

Mariafemac

As with anywhere in the world, people need to be careful that they marry a person who wants them for them and not just for their money. Hey everyone wants a better life but some ladies feel that life should be with a husband and not just with his money. 

Years ago I had $200,000 in term life insurance which was to expire later that year, I ate something I apparently was seriously allergic to and shortly after started to go into Anaphylactic shock, I felt it coming as my tongue and throat started to swell, so I took steroids which usually control it but this time it was too severe and my throat was closing too fast, the wife had the epipen and kept fighting me to give me the shot, while I kept saying wait until the pills kick in, finally I just about to pass out from lack of oxygen and was too weak to talk or fight anymore and she gave me the shot, full well knowing that the policy was going to expire and she would have been 200k richer and all she had to do was wait. So guys not all Filipinas only want the money. 

BTW if anyone in Cebu wants life insurance or just about any type of insurance including car, life or health, Mayen formerly the in charge of Bank of Commerce is now working for a large insurance company and can supply it, so you are welcome to private message me for her contact information. Also Paul knows her and so do a lot of members, so she is honest and reliable.

Hello Lee, I would sure appreciate those contact details but am unable to send PM's. Can you fire them across to me please?

Lee

Hello Lee, I would sure appreciate those contact details but am unable to send PM's. Can you fire them across to me please?

I tried to message you but you cannot receive messages from anyone but administrators, so I have sent Paul the owner of this forum a private message asking him to send the contact information to you or to put us together in a private message so I can send it to you. 

hilyfe

Ey lee maybe she found out shes not the beneficiary :D

Hahah

Just kidding :D

Wouldn't it be better if they didnt know

Just make a letter she can only open it when you die

I think is the best way

Edited by Paul

Sven

I believe in the principle "be more worth alive than dead". Organize your finances such that your wife or gf, their family and everyone else that matters, will have financial reasons to fight and struggle to protect you and save you.

This should be in addition to, of course, non-financial reasons for the same.

I suppose any potential pay-out upon death does not need to be disclosed in advance.

Edited by Sven

quit_yume

For those that need to know...    Life insurance is usually sold in 3 different types..

Term Insurance:  Usually in incremenets of 10, 20 or 30 years (can be divided into monthly payments)   This is usually cheaper but does have an expiration date.  Most insurance companies will not sell you a term plan that allows you to hit your 80th birthday while on that plan.   Most of these plans will costs you the same amount for each year of the agreed upon term but will also result in the same payout regardless of how many years within the agreed term you have had the plan.  The shorter the agreed upon term, the less expensive the policy.

Whole Life Insurance:   Typically these plans do not have expiration dates.  You are expected to pay each year (can be divided into monthy payments) the same amount until you hit an agreed upon point in time where the payment may diminish or disappear.  This is because these plans typically accumulate cash value and at some point you have enough value for it to pay for itself or you can pull cash out.  If you stop making payments on your own you might have enough value built into the plan that your insurance continues to pay for itself until the overage runs out.  In most cases these plans are costing you enough above the actual insurance cost that you might have been better off putting the extra into some type of other investment.

Univeresal Life:  These plan also do not have an expiration date but they do not accumulate any cash value.   Because of this you will make payments into plans like this for your entire life.   The only thing you will ever recieve from this plan is the agreed upon payout at the time of your death.  If you stop payments your insurance will cease to exist and you might find yourself in a situation where to get a new one started is cost prohibitive if a lot of time has gone by.

Most people need 2 insurance plans.   the first would be a term insurance policy for a specific amount that it requires to take care of putting kids through school or supporting the wife until she can take care of herself without you.  obviously, the shorter the term, the less expensive it will be.   the second policy would usually be a universal life policy, which would insure you are going to receive an amount big enough to dispose of your remains and payoff some immediate bills and such no matter when you might be kicking your bucket.   The problem i would often see when selling insurance to older folks is that they often had a 'forever' policy that they had gotten in their youth and were still making payments on it all these years but the ultimate payout was not enough to actually accomplish anything meanful with.  so you have to think about how much you might need while keeping inflation in mind if you happen to live a really long time.

I sold insurance for a couple years not so long ago so if anybody needs any information regarding your particular circumstances im happy to help you keep from getting ripped off.   The insurance industry is somewhat of a wild west industry and its not hard to find 2 plans offering the same deal for dramatically different prices.

-quito.