cvgtpc1
Articles about Typhoon Ruby led me to the NGCP site for power outages due to the storm.

It also shows scheduled power outages so you can check if any brown/black outs are scheduled for your area.  Appears you might be able to setup Twitter alerts but don't use it so don't know how.

SkyMan

I get txt or email alerts from VECO, don't remember which.  I think they dropped me from that so I may need t reestablish.  We lost power a couple hours yesterday but no problem all night.

Steve and Myrlita

I lost power for about 3 hours 130a - 430a. Been ok since.

Power out here all day here in Bohol I reckon.

Message powered by Mitsubishi Adventure and a cheap piece of crap Chinese inverter. 

out of juice from 7pm Sat til 2 pm Sun....we didn't have high winds...have no idea why Cebeco decided to save electricity

I was going to say how nice it was to be in the US, where we never lose power. However, the power has gone out here several times over the past week or two. Fortunately, none were lengthy outages.