Cleaning up Fuente, Llorente, Juana Osmena area....

nomad4ever

nomad4ever

Fuente police arrest 3 ‘pimps’, 8 ‘prostitutes’

by Jill Tatoy-Rabor

Sun.Star RSSToday, 00:21

THREE suspected pimps and eight suspected prostitutes were arrested by police last Wednesday dawn.

Fuente Police Chief Insp. Wildemar Tiu said they conducted two entrapment operations on J. Llorente and Juana Osmeña Streets in Barangay Capitol Site, Cebu City because of reports of rampant prostitution in both areas.

Around 3 a.m., the vehicle of the five police decoys was flagged down by 34-year-old Frankie Basera on J. Llorente St.

Basera allegedly said he had women willing to have sex with them for a fee and presented Ana and Marie (not their real names).

When the decoy handed over the P500 marked money as payment, police arrested Basera and the two women.

Police then proceeded to Juana Osmeña St., where they arrested two more pimps and six more women.

Sun.Star Cebu tried to interview the suspects, but they declined to comment.

Tiu said pimps and prostitutes are usually found on these streets around dawn.

The suspects will charged with violating Sections 3 and 4 of Republic Act 10364, or the Human Trafficking Act.

They are currently detained at the Fuente police stockade.

I'm awful, don't ask me

Looks like a few have not been paying their bribe money.   The arrested ones are of this group.    Makes them toe the line.    Fuente in front of Robinsons, above named streets are full of pimps and prostitues 24/7 for at least 12 years thatt I personally know of..   Especially late at night and THE COPS KNOW IT.

Let me get this straight. Pimps and prostitutes are illegal and regarded as trafficking. Whereas paying a ''bar fine'' to go somewhere with a bar girl is ok, perfectly legal and common practice. So what's the difference?

Edited by tomaw
SomeRandomGuy
Let me get this straight. Pimps and prostitutes are illegal and regarded as trafficking. Whereas paying a ''bar fine'' to go somewhere with a bar girl is ok, perfectly legal and common practice. So what's the difference?

Ummmmm....lol seriously dude?

U think any if those places do not pay?

Bah humbug

• Like 1

Ummmmm....lol seriously dude?

U think any if those places do not pay?

Bah humbug

Of course they do! I think we're both implying the same thing.

I think there are "technicalities" involved.  Technically the "barfine" is not for the woman's services but rather allows her to leave her job early, compensating the bar for the lost revenue she would have theoretically generated through ladies drinks.

• Like 1
smokey

Ummmmm....lol seriously dude? U think any if those places do not pay? Bah humbug

in angeles i heard its 50,000 p a week for the smaller clubs and 100,000 p a week for the big clubs... 

• Like 1

I wouldn't call that "cleaning up" - more a light dusting....

• Like 1