Sign in to follow this  
Mikala

Sunset cruise aboard Cebu’s first party catamaran

Mikala

SOMETIMES, life is all about perspective. And to see the same sunset one has seen for countless of times already, this time from a totally different point of view, could be nothing short of refreshing.

Indeed, that’s how a handful of guests: expats, members of the media, and representatives of various multi-national corporations, felt while aboard the Jokai I.

On Nov.22, guests were treated to what it was like to cruise the waters of Cebu with only one bit on the itinerary—that is, to unwind.

This 72-foot long, 40-foot wide, brand new catamaran is owned and operated by Jokai Marine International. The Jokai I, being the first powered catamaran in Cebu, is available for private day charter. The vessel is indeed the first of its kind here in the city, as most catamarans have sails instead of power engines—two engines to be exact, that can push the ship to a maximum speed of 18 knots. Normal cruising speed should be between 7 and 10 knots.

“There are numerous vessels in Cebu. But there is only one powerboat luxury catamaran.

The Jokai I can easily accommodate 50 guests. They can walk aboard freely, they can enjoy the bar area in the stern, or go to the big open area in the bow,” shared manager Mik Swenson. “Or upstairs on the sun deck, they can enjoy the nice sofa and the view.”

“There is no charter yacht in the whole Philippines like the Jokai I. It is designed for one purpose only—luxury day charter,” said Swenson.

The vessel is fully furnished with a built-in bar, plus a quality sound system to play music on. Viewing sunsets isn’t the only thing a group can do. Go island hopping, go scuba diving, or celebrate a milestone in a venue like nowhere else in the metro. To sum it up, this pretty baby of a boat was made to party.

“Jokai, the company, has done charter business for seven years,” shared Swenson. “Yes, you can get a cheap charlie bangka, or you can get a lifetime memory.

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/lifestyle/2014/11/30/sunset-cruise-aboard-cebu-s-first-party-catamaran-379396

• Like 1

Mikala

I think I'd prefer the cheap Charlie Bangka. Then again, I think I paid for a 30' Bangka somewhere near Dinagat Island!

Maybe one of the members here will throw a LinC party and rent this baby out for us?!?! Maybe a wedding reception!

• Like 1

tonny

How about some one  find out the cost for a day trip some where close  and try to get enough couples to  do it cost might be easy that way or after noon trip over night like one of the islands in   Camotes_Islands just a idea some time after the stormy season and still cooler weather ,  IF it can do 50 couples i guest at a hundred a head we could swing it  and i belong to the Expats dinner club and usually we have near forty or more couples show up some times  we just had a big Thanksgiving dinner at Xings  was a great meal here is the dinner menu  was great and home made ice cream all you could eat and same on the pies wow the pecan pies was just like my grandmother use to make more nut than sugar filling junk haaaa

Restaurant: Xing Cafe 

Location:  A.S. Fortuna St. - Across the road from the Oak Ridge Business Park near Cebu Home Builders                  

Date:          Thursday, November 27th

Time:          6:00 PM

Venue:       Buffet with Individual dinner tickets (bills)

13 and above - P600
                     12 and below - P200

Thanksgiving Menu:

Tossed Salad
Turkey
Ham

Cranberry Sauce
Fish Filet
Mashed Potato's with gravy
Stuffing
Sweet Potato Caramelized with marshmallows
Green Beans
Corn
Carrots
Pan de Leche/Pan de Sol w/butter
Apple Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pie
Vanilla Ice Cream

Possible one or two other food items depending on availability.

Price: 

13 and above - P600
12 and below - P200

• Like 3

Fergie

Sounds more like and add then newspaper article. Lol

contraman

Maybe one of the members here will throw a LinC party and rent this baby out for us?!?! Maybe a wedding reception!

One easy way of getting rid of 50 or so of those pezky kanos :)
  • Like 1

hilyfe

I prefer the charlie bangka

Instead of renting that thing ill use that money to make a bangka

And i can go on the ocean any time

With that once the trip is done so is your money heheheh

With a bangka you can go back again and again :D