Chopped body of woman found

smokey

Well john maybe you miss the point as this forum is for tourist and people who live here and as you call my large brood of females i guess i am interested in their well being and i know cebu is not all love and flowers and sparkly days... I guess you dont find things happening in your home town to people who could be your friends or neighbors as important as the best place to buy cookies.. then maybe the forum should shift to a more romper room style.. i can tell by your post you probably have no children here? Well that is great for you now you can just enjoy your days . as to the certain aisles in the supermarket ..i am dissapointed you find my consern for any human cut up like a pig at the fiesta.. so unimportant and maybe you should think if the guys who did this are the norm what would they do to a foreigner..

Edited by robert51
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee

• smokey

• Bob Ward

• Mik

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul

Okay, so we have had Members, Moderators, and at least one Administrator post his/her view on "the good and the bad" about the Philippines. Now, I am going to post mine.

For years, I have known a man who lives in Cebu. He has sugar coated everything about the Philippines, attempting to convince other men to come here. (His primary purpose was to increase sex tourism in the Philippines.) So, welcome to Utopia, guys. It's truly wonderful, how every single thing is so fantastic here, almost heaven. It's truly amazing. No crime, nothing but living in the Land of Smiles. I don't know about now, but for years he wouldn't allow any negatives to be posted on his Yahoo Group. What a guy.

Well, this is exactly why the Living In Cebu Family of sites exists, folks. That is, to give the good and the bad, the positives and negatives here. Visitors and future retirees can make a more informed decision regarding the Philippines, prior to coming here.

In my opinion, any crime that is here is less than where I grew up. As I have always stated, I still feel safer here than I ever did back home, in Savannah, Georgia. There is no place in Cebu, or anywhere else in this country where I have visited, that I wouldn't go through day or night. In my home town, there are places I wouldn't have gone during the day, even with a gun in hand! When you come here, there are things you have to learn about the Philippines. You learn to do things their way. You learn to keep a lower profile (okay, so that didn't go over well with me, live and learn), and don't make yourself a target - you won't become one, in most cases anyway.

As long as I am alive, and as long as I have a say over the sites I currently own, I will openly allow positive and negative written, as long as it is true. Of course, I don't think I need to rehash about the inaccuracies regarding News Papers and other media, around the world. Don't be so naive as to believe every word written in a newspaper, from any country.

Oh, Mike said something very interesting. I do not recall him ever posting a negative story about this country, in all the years he has been in management of the LinC Forums. If he has, it has slipped by me along the way.

if you have a strong stomach someone was able to take a pictures of one of the severed heads

CLICK ONLY IF YOU CAN TAKE THE MONSTROSITY

please do not click if you have a weak stomach or if you cannot take how graphic pictures can get

if this is too much moderators please delete my post

thats awful... so sad these things happen. :(

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/static/ceb/2008/....portrayed.html

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ma hurt by how daughter is portrayed

APART from the grisly death of Maria Eva Mae Peligro, another thing that hurts her mother, Aida, is the way her daughter is being portrayed by the suspect.

Off-Topic!

To copy 100% of a newspaper article is violations against the Philippine copyright law.

Special when a rich man does it, only a little information to admin and moderators . :(

Harry

Mailman
Off-Topic!

To copy 100% of a newspaper article is violations against the Philippine copyright law.

Special when a rich man does it, only a little information to admin and moderators . B)

Really? Hmmm... I guess Section 175; Chapter IV of the Intellectual Property Code of the Philippines is a little bit vague.

Sec. 175. Unprotected Subject Matter. - Notwithstanding the provisions of Sections 172 and 173, no protection shall extend, under this law, to any idea, procedure, system method or operation, concept, principle, discovery or mere data as such, even if they are expressed, explained, illustrated or embodied in a work; news of the day and other miscellaneous facts having the character of mere items of press information; or any official text of a legislative, administrative or legal nature, as well as any official translation thereof. (n)

[/off-topic]

mattwilkie
Off-Topic!

Special when a rich man does it, only a little information to admin and moderators . ;)

Really? Hmmm... I guess Section 175; Chapter IV of the Intellectual Property Code of the Philippines is a little bit vague.

Sec. 175. Unprotected Subject Matter. - Notwithstanding the provisions of Sections 172 and 173, no protection shall extend, under this law, to any idea, procedure, system method or operation, concept, principle, discovery or mere data as such, even if they are expressed, explained, illustrated or embodied in a work; news of the day and other miscellaneous facts having the character of mere items of press information; or any official text of a legislative, administrative or legal nature, as well as any official translation thereof. (n)

[/off-topic]

There used to be 3 sides to the story. The 2 people involved and the truth. But the media here have a natural ability to create a completely different perspective on everything. Which is an achievement.

Personally i think crimes are an important thing for the forum. Simply because we can be aware of what starts them off. Such as the Koreans butchered last week by a drugged up taxi driver. Is this city safe? Simple answer pretty much yes in comparison to Western cities. Ive known people beat theyre own grandparents to death for a few bits of jewellery for a drug habit, another stabbed his wife with the full kitchen block of knives after he found out she was having an affair with the guy upstairs with the police arriving to find her sat on his knee already dead and him still having a discussion regarding the affair, another involved a drug dealer filled with 57 knife wounds, a relative of my ex lives in a house she got cheap because the previous "tennant" took all the kids he was baby sitting and spiked them on the fence outside and she had to mop all the blood up as part of the sale. The UK is as brutal as anywhere else on the planet and the advantages here is you can at least carry arms (at least my wife can). The thing with such stories is you can see what happend to them maybe you watch over your back a little longer and wait for the taxi to pull away, or maybe grab a cab because the guys on the corner dont look right to you either way you are more cautious and each one of these stories makes you that way. But we all need to define caution and paranoia and find a comfortable inbetween.

Edited by mattwilkie

truth is, i'm shocked by this... i am based in cebu, but i have no idea something like this happened. i'm just afraid this might scare people from coming here.

truth is, i'm shocked by this... i am based in cebu, but i have no idea something like this happened. i'm just afraid this might scare people from coming here.

Ashley, first of all welcome to the forum. :rolleyes:

There are crazy people all over the world and this was a family situation as is often the case with many murders and should not worry the average person. The majority of people who are killed by a stranger still remains low in Cebu other than those of the vigilante killings and those again do not really count unless someone happens to get in the close proximity of one of them and ends up in the line of fire.

So don't worry and be happy and few will be scared away by things like this unless they do not read the newspapers back in their own countries because the same and worse is happening there.

• 2 weeks later...
KeithAngel
. The sad truth is that she may have deserved what she got. We just don't know. I am sad to hear about it regardless of the circumstances.

I find this statement quite shocking, What would this lady have to do to deserve this I wonder??

With the two women buried, all that was left now was to seek justice for their deaths, Yba