Chopped body of woman found

CEBU CITY -- The chopped-up body of a woman was dumped in a mountain village bordering Minglanilla town and Toledo City Friday morning.

Her remains were placed in three plastic bags and dumped by the roadside in Barangay Campo 8, Minglanilla town before noon.

The absence of a head or identification papers complicated initial attempts to identify the victim.

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/static/net/2008/...oman.found.html

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee

• smokey

• Bob Ward

• Mike S

samatm
CEBU CITY -- The chopped-up body of a woman was dumped in a mountain village bordering Minglanilla town and Toledo City Friday morning.

Her remains were placed in three plastic bags and dumped by the roadside in Barangay Campo 8, Minglanilla town before noon.

The absence of a head or identification papers complicated initial attempts to identify the victim.

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/static/net/2008/...oman.found.html

Thats sad and tragic ... story reminds me of the grisly Pinoy movie back in early 90's called Chop Chop Lady. Never saw it..but had a catchy title. Sounds like whoever did it meant to send a message.

Well for sure someone is missing. The police just have to look for a husband of a missing wife. Or if it's a rape/murder then they have to look for a neighbor of the missing woman.

Mike in Cebu

or someone whose family got even.

smokey
or someone whose family got even.

my wife said the news said there was sexual cutting done... i saw on CSI once the way to hide is to take the head as most killings can be figured out by the trama to the head... maybe someone rented the CSI movie... There are people all over the world who are sick A?? holes and NO where is safe from them.... Vote yes on vigilanties for a better cebu

Bob Ward

John, don't go there! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I still vote for not posting this type of crap. This stuff happens all over the world and I personally don't enjoy reading it if I don't have to. But that's why a forum is open, within the rules of course, so that all opinions can be voiced.

That is why I posted the title of "Chopped body of woman found" ..... so those that didn't want to read it could move on ....... to better topics to which they are better suited .......

JohninCebu

I still vote for not posting this type of crap. This stuff happens all over the world and I personally don't enjoy reading it if I don't have to. But that's why a forum is open, within the rules of course, so that all opinions can be voiced.

Why not Bob, lololol

I think people should be warned about how violent this place is. I mean, surely no one in there right mind would think of coming to Cebu with dead bodies being found all over the place.

It is however a sad reflection on what people find interesting. I'm not saying this should just be a good news forum but there does seem to be a tendancy to dwell on the bad news but as was mentioned elsewhere good news is just not news.

How about at least a limit to dead Kano's rather than just dead bodies, even if they are in plastic bags.

Bob Ward

Mike, I meant nothing about this one in particular, just the type in general. I have been against the doom and gloom postings about killings and such since I first joined here. It's well documented. People in the past just flooded the forum with everything and anything bad that was happening anywhere in the Phils. It was just not proportional to reality.

While it is sickening and sad, it is news. And if you judged the world only by stories in the newspaper, it would be a very dark place. But we all know that people mostly want to read (or hear) about the bad or the dangerous and only a bit about the good, at least when it comes to news. But such news does a service. There have been two stories recently about Tagaytay where people were abducted for ransom or killed. And I want to go look at the area as a potential place to live. Now those stories don't run me off, just as some of tales told me about the Philippines didn't keep me from coming here. But they serve as good reminders to keep my eyes and ears open. Which one should do all the time. However, some places develop local customs or patterns of behavior or rather misbehavior. It is well to aware of them.

Where I live, Baguio City, doesn't have many murders and almost no reports of kidnappings - ransoms. There are the occasional salvages, I mean one or two a year that I hear about. Those are popularly thought to be extrajudicial events with repeat criminals. And the kid gangs flare up, trying to kill each other, even throwing a homemade hand grenade or bomb into a pool hall and a internet cafe inhabited by rivals. The occasional robbery happens and not just to natives. Pickpockets work the area as well. So it is not Shangrila here. But you need to know about these. Parts of the town you don't go after dark as kano unless you want to live a bit more adventurously. And I don't mean adventurously like visiting the bars on Mango Street in Cebu.

Many of these stories are good news but should be discussed and be common knowledge. They may be upsetting and lead to some folks making unwarranted assumptions about the area or the Philippines in general. But the same could have been said about the recent ferry disaster. Some, particularly the operator and the responsible government agencies would rather such news wasn't allowed in the papers. It was very distasteful, but it was news people needed. Some will decide never to take a ferry in the Philppines because of it. Others will continue to use the company because they are cheap. But regardless of their response, it is not a choice made in ignorance.

Mattfromnz

Im with Bob. While the news is real and everyone has a right to put what they want on the forum, I dont think news like this is worth reading and dwelling on over and over. The more you bring your attention to, read and dwell on something, I believe the more you attract it into your own life. I suppose as John said though, if you make the heading clear, we can choose not to read it. Its probably not very good advertising for potebtial visitors to cebu that look at the forum though.

Edited by mattNZ

maybe we should post good and bad, indicate the quality on the initial post so we can select to be cheered or angered as the day flows. I dont feel threatened by the choping up of a body, but I do feel good when I read about good things. Last year I was in the papers a few times myself in Cebu, mainly for helping feed people whos houses had burned down, then supporting a welfare centre in down town but these soon get masked by the bad news,

I would like to see more good things but do not want to be hidden from the bad news as it helps me be prepared for the right choices to make to keep myself safe.

Ona bright note, I am back in less then a week now and apologise in advance for the noise that will come from ratskis on Monday night 4th August when I see my friends there for a few drinks

james

Bob Ward
maybe we should post good and bad, indicate the quality on the initial post so we can select to be cheered or angered as the day flows. I dont feel threatened by the choping up of a body, but I do feel good when I read about good things. Last year I was in the papers a few times myself in Cebu, mainly for helping feed people whos houses had burned down, then supporting a welfare centre in down town but these soon get masked by the bad news,

I would like to see more good things but do not want to be hidden from the bad news as it helps me be prepared for the right choices to make to keep myself safe.

Ona bright note, I am back in less then a week now and apologise in advance for the noise that will come from ratskis on Monday night 4th August when I see my friends there for a few drinks

james

Sorry m8, Ratsky's closed down.

I would like to re-iterate that I meant nothing towards Mike for posting this. I think that stories pertaining to the security of expats or ways they are exploited are very helpful and relevant, but just plain old every day violence between the general populous are just not our business.

There are so many things that we will never know about why this woman was killed. We have enough to worry about covering our own butts here. The sad truth is that she may have deserved what she got. We just don't know. I am sad to hear about it regardless of the circumstances.

Edited by Bob Ward
smokey

Why not Bob, lololol

I think people should be warned about how violent this place is. I mean, surely no one in there right mind would think of coming to Cebu with dead bodies being found all over the place.

It is however a sad reflection on what people find interesting. I'm not saying this should just be a good news forum but there does seem to be a tendancy to dwell on the bad news but as was mentioned elsewhere good news is just not news.

How about at least a limit to dead Kano's rather than just dead bodies, even if they are in plastic bags.

well johnny dont take this personal but do you have any children HERE is this super safe city ? i have 5 daughters so yes this is something everyone should know and if we only talk about the happy things then we dont deserve to be a forum for information but a travel agent ... how about we title the thread if you have children read this if your just here to have sex with young girls and dont live here full time dont read this .... maybe i should say i am sorry but this story on the young girl was of more interest to me then the price of bar fines or where to find the best cookies

Edited by robert51

Well I totally agree ... and from now on nothing but good news ...... this was the first post I did about someone being butchered here in Cebu in the 7 years I have been associated with this board (including the old one)...... just found it interesting ...... but then as some have made clear I do lead a strange life or maybe just a warped mind ...... anyway we are here to post about peace and tranquility in Cebu so sorry ..... from now on only happy posts ........ :D;):lol: